Lighting

Discussion in 'Growroom Setup' started by Countryboy91, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Countryboy91

Countryboy91 Registered+

I am growing one plant and was curious to know how many lights I need and what wattage to use

2. GaGrown

GaGrown Registered+

400. 600 or 1000..T5..You can take a plant from seed to harvest with a T5 if ya on a budget..

3. Shovelhandle

Shovelhandle Registered+

I remember you saying you did have a tight budget on another thread?

Many people have started out with a cluster of standard CFL lamps. That may be the least expensive and it will give you a chance to see how to grow indoors. The big box home stores have adapters so you can plug in many of these cfl lamps. If you cant afford that even just use one or two of the highest wattage in a soft white. A T5 ho four lamp x 48" costs a few bucks ($125 and up) and the lamps can go for less than $5 to $15 or even more.

One plant is a 50/50 risk of failure as a male plant sucks, is tossed out usually. And it takes 6+ weeks to find out, unless you have a efemale clone or feminized seed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Countryboy91

Countryboy91 Registered+

The papers say a feminizes

5. GaGrown

GaGrown Registered+

Save yaself some money and start them indoors and finish outdoors..You know they all gonna be female so ya golden!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Shovelhandle

Shovelhandle Registered+

He sez he is growing a single plant. But outdoor is the least expensive lighting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Countryboy91

Countryboy91 Registered+

I kinda need to hide it shovel lol

8. Countryboy91

Countryboy91 Registered+

I can make a grow ox out of plywood and have a light already and have two fans