liquid pH down vs. powder pH down

Discussion in 'Indoor Growing' started by headshake, Jun 24, 2009.

1. headshake

headshake Registered+

i was wondering what everyone's thoughts and experiences with these are?

i'm curious because i can get a quart of liquid for $12.95, a gallon of liquid for $29.95 or 3 lbs of powder for $12.95.

i don't mind paying extra for the liquid if it's worth it (works better, lasts longer etc).

as always, thanks for the time and input!

-shake

2. Rusty Trichome

Rusty Trichome Registered+

A gallon of General Hydroponics phDown (phosphoric acid - $30) lasts me about (just over?) two years.
    It takes 1/4 tsp per gallon to take my 8.0 well water to 6.8ish. That's almost 3100 US gallons worth of ph'd water. So what's that...approx 1 cent a gallon? I also have to use it on a few of our houseplants, or the gallon would likely last 2 1/2 to 3 years.

I have no experience with the others, as this has worked for me for years, and the plants love it. :thumbsup:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  3. Italiano715

Italiano715 Registered+

$5.99 plus tax

I use API (Aquarium Pharmaceuticals) and it takes me a drop to a gallon to bring down my tap water from 7.2 to 6.8

Attached Files:

4. headshake

headshake Registered+

sounds good rusty. thanks for the info!

that was the brand that i had found. like i said there is no huge disparity in price so i'll probably just go with the wet.

-shake

Rusty Trichome likes this.
  5. Rusty Trichome

Rusty Trichome Registered+

No problems with it? Since they don't tell ya what's in it, I refuse to use it. :jointsmile:

headshake likes this.
  6. headshake

headshake Registered+

thanks for the info italiano! i didn't even see that post.

i am currently using some (not sure of the brand and too lazy to look, that could be it) pH down at the moment.

i was gonna go with something geared towards plants just to see if there is any difference.

thanks again.

lol@rusy!

-shake