Living on a farm

Discussion in 'CANNABIS.COM Lounge' started by Pupp, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Pupp

Pupp Registered+

I moved last fall to a farm... massive change for a city slicker. Although most of it leased out to actual farmers. There are acres of woods. Anyway, there's a spring in the woods, and most of the time it just sits there, looking murky and forgotten.

So it rains and rains and rains, so I check out the spring, ya, it's pretty cool. The spring itself looks really placid and full to the top, but once the water spills out, it goes straight to deep and dangerous looking. the stream is about 3 feet wide and probably couple feet deep. I was informed that it's already flooded several farms down the way. Crazy how much water can peculate out of a spring that's all of 10 feet wide.

I drove past the farms, and dang the fields are really really flooded. Being winter, it doesn't really matter, but the farmer neighbor assured me that once it stops raining, the flooding drains pretty quick. Normally the spring is lower than the spill-over area and the dry stream is chocked with vegetation, so it doesn't even look like a spillway for the spring.

I know it's not marijuana related, but pretty cool, so I thought I'd share it with ya 'all.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pupp

Pupp Registered+

As a city slicker, I always envisioned springs to be burbling with clean fresh water down a babbling brook. Turns out a lot of springs only spill over when it rains a lot and when it's not raining, they're murky and nasty looking.

• Like Like x 1
  3. oldmac

oldmac Registered+

Hey Pupp- Being a city slicker has nothing to do with being surprised by nature. Many a good ole county boy and even a farmer or two has been surprised by mother nature. Springs or branches can go from nothing to torrents of water in no time at all. And depending on where you are and time of year it might not take much rain to overflow a small stream.
    Anyway having lived in cities (Brooklyn!) and on farms...I think I prefer a boat-able waterfront modest (4,000sqft)
    post modern home in Ft. Lauderdale. hehe
    OM

• Like Like x 2
  4. Plumber07

Plumber07 Registered+

Planning on purchasing 30-50 acres in mid Tennessee near Murfreesboro as soon as our youngest finishes college. I want to hunt and fish on my own land. Marijuana is still a felony in Tenn but who knows what may happen in the next few years.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. oldmac

oldmac Registered+

Tenn is beautiful, when driving up from the deep south it's the first state with hills and mountains. I spent a short spell in Franklin when I was a contract worker, doing communications for the TVA. Very short spell, I hated working in the US, taxes and all. MJ as a felony is the same as I have now. Many grows I have done are not in compliance with Federal law, 99 plants seems so limiting especially if you like to grow SOG. Oh well, I think I might stop growing if I was legal.
    A nice piece of hunting land can't be beat; it offers food, recreation and a serene peaceful retreat from the modern world
    ....wow I'm getting homesick, for somewhere country.
    OM

• Like Like x 2