Lowryder grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponics' started by heartsurgerysurviver, Jan 13, 2005.

1. heartsurgerysurviver

heartsurgerysurviver Registered+

This will be an ongoing report on lowryder. The seeds were given to me by notanovice, thank you so much nota. I will be growing these for seeds as well as bud.

I put 10 seeds in a cup of water for 2 days. I transferred the seeds to a soil mixture for sprouting. 6 seeds sprouted within a few days. I transferred the 6 seedlings into rock wool cubes [ cubes were soaked in PH balanced water for 24 hours and then flushed with fresh water before use] and put them in an aeroponic cloner [ PH 6.0, ppm 600, under 160 watts of floros and a 150 watt grow light] for a week.
    I then transferred 4 of them to an ebb and flo set up [ PH 5.8, ppm 1600, under 400 watt hps and 400 watt mh] . Temp in the grow 60-85 degrees F. Exhaust fan runs when the lights are on and 2 small fans constantly blow on the plants. The water cycle is every 2 hours when the lights are on and every 4 hours when the lights are off. The on cycle is set for 15 minutes. I run 2 air stones in the res. tank continually. Nutrients are Power Grow and Liquid Karma for growth and Power Bloom, Liquid Karma, and Epsom salts for flowering. The light cycle will remain a constant 18/6.
    The remaining 2 plants are still in the cloner waiting for the roots to penetrate the netting before transfer.

These plants are auto flowering , my first try at that type, and should be finished in about 8 weeks. I’ll post up dates as they progress. These pics were taken on jan 13 the day I put them in the ebb and flo. The largest plant is 6 inches tall.

Attached Files:

2. The Student

The Student Registered+

Hello,

Awesome, I look forward to your grow.

Heres to Lowryder buds and beans.

Peace

3. kingcanabis

kingcanabis Registered+

good start keep us posted. the king.....

4. notanovice

notanovice Registered+

FINE FFFFING JOB!!!!

:D Fine job there heart. i commend you on your growing talents.
    :D :D I feel like a proud papa.

5. Make sure you keep us posted with pics. Im very well interested i this strain.

6. heartsurgerysurviver

these pics were taken at 10 days in the ebb and flo.
    they are showing their sex already [3 girls and 2 boys]
    the females are the larger with the biggest at 8 inches
    the first 2 pics are of the biggest females
    the 3rd pic is of the biggest male
    the last pic is of a bud of c-99
    peace
    heart

Attached Files:

7. notanovice

notanovice Registered+

nice

they sure look good :D

8. The Student

The Student Registered+

Hello,

Heart - Great update. The LR's are looking nice. Looks like you got the taller phenotype. A couple of the ladies that I had expressed a much smaller (around 7") stature.

Are you going to be seeding your ladies, or are you going to wack the males?

Take care

Peace

9. heartsurgerysurviver

Hi student
    I am going to seed these ladies. I am also going to do a little crossing. i have some c99 that i'm going to try to cross the lows with. This is my first time growing lowryder so i'll be needing seeds for future crops. thanks for the interest.
    peace
    heart

10. adh endo

adh endo Registered+

what is lowryder?

are they just short stumpy strains?

11. The Student

The Student Registered+

Hello,

Heart - any updates on your grow?

Talk to you later.

Peace

12. thechronic

thechronic Registered+

hey man as soon as i get your seeds i will hook you up on how they are doing umm ill try to get a d/c but i hope yalls growing gose well
    -thechronic

13. heartsurgerysurviver

sorry i've been busy this last week. i'll try to post some new pics later today. the lowryders are doing great. buds are starting to get bigger.
    thanks for asking
    peace
    heart

14. heartsurgerysurviver

these pics are at 25 days.
    they are starting to fill out nicely.
    the males are taller than the ladies, largest male is 9 inches
    the last pic is of a plant that's almost done

Attached Files:

15. thechronic

thechronic Registered+

man im going to grow out doors with the low riders will they start to bud like that when a 24-25 days or what are you doing?

16. heartsurgerysurviver

The lowryders are auto-flowering. these showed their sex at less than 2 weeks. they flower no matter what the light cycle is. they are a great plant, low in height, perfect for hiding outdoors and they finish in 8-10 weeks [from seed]
    the only drawback i can see is they are uncloneable so a seed crop is necessary for continued growing of lowryders.
    peace
    heart

17. Jonny5

Jonny5 Registered

hey,

good job, ive recently started my first grow being joint doctors lowryder, im growing 10 in 2 NFT hydros under a 400w hps in my loft, alls goin well, just sprouted and looking forward to sexing them. could you tell me, i understood that you should seperate the males/females, but noticed you hadnt, will that effect the bud growth?

ease JT

18. The Student

The Student Registered+

Hello,

Jonny5 - Heart left the males because he is going to use this grow for seed production. Allowing the males to polenate the females.

Please keep us updated on your grow. I am very excited how this strain can produce in hydro setups.

There was a grower on OG that grew out a 98 gram lowryder in hydro. I do not know if he was able to consistently do so though.

Welcome to the boards. I hope to get to know you.

I have a LR thread going on in the seeds forum. Please feel free to jump in and join the soon to be growing ranks of LR growers.

Take care

Peace

19. Jonny5

Jonny5 Registered

Student- 98 grams, hmm intesresting, just got my digital camera back up and running, ill try to get some ongoing pics up here for you, when i get the time, not that id expect to get a turnout anywhere near that from one. another question, ive got sensi veg and sensi bloom nutrients, was a little stumped in which to use when the time comes? would it benifit them to use a bit of both?

20. The Student

The Student Registered+

Hello,

I would only use the bloom ferts. I would also suggest only using light amounts of nutes.

Take care.

Peace