Pass Your Drug Test

magnifying glass or microscope

Discussion in 'Basic Growing' started by NightProwler, Oct 19, 2006.

1. NightProwler

NightProwler Registered+

i hear people saying to use both to see the trichomes. but which is right? is a magnifying glass poweful enough? all i have is a magnifying glass. when i look at the tricomes, they look clear but are also very distant, would i still be able to tell color.
  2. Anathema2121

Anathema2121 Registered+

Just go grab a microscope at radio shack ($9.99). Its worth the 10 bucks just for the hours you'll spend stoned looking at couch fabric and your fingernail. Microscopes rule :Rasta:
  3. qdavid

qdavid Registered

Actually, I just bought one of those Radio Shack hand things for $9.99 a couple weeks ago. The sales lady then said they were being discontiued though.
  4. mattmao

mattmao Registered+

try to get a jewellers eye piece well worth the investment
  5. the image reaper

the image reaper Registered+

I have that crappy Radio Shack 'microscope', works fine on an immobile object, but I have trouble holding it still enough to use, I use Radio Shack's triple magnifying glass doohickie, if you slide one lens over another, it doubles the power, and works well ... :smokin:
  6. psycho

psycho Registered+

lol u did that too. I even made the cat sit still so I could look at her too:dance:
  7. Racerx

Racerx Registered+

i just clip a tiny bit of bud/bud leaf off and set it on the table, and use a 30x microscope I got at my local hydroponic shop. A 50x would be even nicer.