PAX2 Vaporizer

Male Flowers?...pictures

Discussion in 'Basic Growing' started by wordsandwich, Feb 23, 2008.

1. wordsandwich

wordsandwich Registered+

These have been on 12/12 for about a week. I am fairly sure they are male flowers showing but I want to make sure because this is my first time flowering. thanks for the help!

Attached Files:

2. wordsandwich

wordsandwich Registered+

also, i think this one is a female...

Attached Files:

3. Orzy

Orzy Registered+

First pics definitely look male to me. Can't really tell with the 2nd one, unless I'm missing something.

4. daihashi

daihashi Registered+

first pic is definitely male (chopped one up today and will probably chop up the second tomorrow if he doesn't change his mind in the quarantine closet.).

The second pic I can't really see. Maybe you could get something to pull the leaflets back and maybe we'll see the sex better? like a popsicle stick or something similar to get a better camera angle.

5. wordsandwich

wordsandwich Registered+

interesting...does quarantine ever work? thanks for the help...it's much more clear now which ones are males (unfortunately it's most of them!) but hey, that's why i'm gonna clone..

if anyone wants to add anything, check out my grow log here i'm gonna update it in a little bit, after I take some cuttings for the first time.

thanks!

6. daihashi

daihashi Registered+

quarantine is just in case the plant decides to become female, but still seperated from the other plants so it doesn't spread pollen everywhere accidentally.

It's just a precaution I take. I'm sure many others do something similar.

My quarantine closet is a shelf inside a closet with 2 4ft T12 lights. No fans running.

7. M.B.A.

M.B.A. Registered+

i second this