Male or female preflowers?

Discussion in 'Basic Growing' started by Mari4-20, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Mari4-20

Mari4-20 Registered+

finding out the sex is really hard for me. I've heard some people say male while others say female. image.jpeg

2. emilya

emilya Future Dispensary Owner

I think i see a gap between the calyx and the notch, indicating that it is sitting up on a stalk. If this is the case, it is male. Get behind there with a flashlight and see if you can see a stalk on that thing, or if it sits down flush. My guess based on this picture is male.

3. Mari4-20

Mari4-20 Registered+

Thank you for your input. It is bag seed which means the mother plant was a hemie plant. Is there a chance this plant could be one too?

4. emilya

unless you are a better gardener that the first person, yes.

5. Mari4-20

Mari4-20 Registered+

I just changed my timer to 12-12, hopefully it'll start to show to sex better. I'm not going to throw it away yet because it might still have a chance. I heard that if the stipules are crossing each other that it is a good chance it's a female. However, I don't know if that is true. I'm currently germinating 2 more seeds right now.

I just took a pic of the plant, it looks like a Calyx. So if I'm right then it's a hermie plant, which is a lot better than starting completely over and all my work wasted. image.jpeg

6. BlowingChronicXV

BlowingChronicXV Registered

Can anyone guess mine I need help? Thanks.

Attached Files:

7. emilya

all male BC... sorry

8. hunter69

hunter69 Registered

Can someone please let me know if they think this is a male or female. Just took 2 plants out because I knew they were males

Attached Files:

9. Shovelhandle

Shovelhandle Registered+

seriously? That is the best photo you can provide? I see no flowering parts clear enough to make a determination.

10. hunter69

hunter69 Registered

Yes unfortunately my camera phone sucks

11. Shovelhandle

Shovelhandle Registered+

well it isn't so difficult. In the 'crotch' (node) of the upper branches you'll see green balls on stalks (male) or little tear-shaped green calyxes with two fine hairs sticking up (female). Lots of photos around here someplace. When they show you will figure it out.

12. hunter69

hunter69 Registered

thanks shovelhandle!! I appreciate it! !

13. DirtyBlueGene

DirtyBlueGene Registered+

14. Gwaynemurf

Gwaynemurf Registered+

Male

15. Gwaynemurf

Gwaynemurf Registered+

Maybe if you were a Lil closer...