Males, Females, and early recognition

Discussion in 'Basic Growing' started by Horsemanrocks, Oct 12, 2010.

1. DirtyBlueGene

DirtyBlueGene Registered+

I can't see anything definitive there, bro. At seven days in, you're in 'wait and see mode', sorry. The good news is, you are only days away from knowing for certain. Good luck. :)

2. Patrick Moat

Patrick Moat Registered+

Thank you for the prompt response.
    Yea, that is definitely a positive way to look at it, couple more days. With youre expierience, if youve grown a male and caught it, what did the preflowers look like exactly. I see pics of male "preflowers". And there seems to be a variety of ways they reveal. The crab claw, and balls.
    Will it immediately display balls. Or look similar to a females preflower in the earlt stages? I appreciate your help on all accounts though.

3. DirtyBlueGene

What I see there are stipules, what I want to see is a calyx with two white pistils coming out, and they aren't there yet. I do see what could become a calyx or a pollen sac, but it's not developed enough to determine which it is. If female it will become more fig shaped and produce pistils. If male, at first round, then more watermelon shaped until it begins to split and open with petals and pollen. Soon, brother. Stay positive and observant. :cool:

4. Patrick Moat

Patrick Moat Registered+

Right on my friend i appreciate the feedback. Ill keep my eyes on her, and inform you of the conclusion!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

Those are not pre-flowers, those are stipules. :)
    Suggest you google that.

Whoops DBG beat me to it.
    Never mind.

6. Pinner420

Pinner420 Registered

Some girls just take longer to lift their skirt...

7. Patrick Moat

Patrick Moat Registered+

I am aware of what stipules are.. If you zoom into the picture you can see what im talking about. Stipule is to the left the "preflower" in question sits to the right of said stipule. On the internode branch.

8. Patrick Moat

Patrick Moat Registered+

Lol beautiful way to put it. Well im hoping for that to be th case. Shes beautiful, bushy, and already has that telltale smell. Only time will tell at thia point is what im getting though..dammit.

9. Patrick Moat

Patrick Moat Registered+

Update.

Week 1 and 1 day into flowering on a hybrid (indica dominate). I noticed my baby has her first pistil.
    If you look towards the top of the plant, to the right of the stipule, you can see the calyx. The pistil of that calyx runs along the stipule ( not attatched to the stipule or a part of it in any way) and then peeks from up around the base of that stipule.
    Thanks for all the help and feeback. Time obviously was the remedy. But its nice to get an idea of when to look out for the changes. I will continue to post pics of her progress.

Attached Files:

10. Patrick Moat

Patrick Moat Registered+

So shes definitely a girl. Lol. And she needs to stop growing taller. Shes going to exceed the headroom of my grow tent lol.

11. DirtyBlueGene

Good news on the girl. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Gwaynemurf

Gwaynemurf Registered+

Male or Female 1481261209923-297736847.jpg 148126135030399656733.jpg 1481261209923-297736847.jpg 148126135030399656733.jpg 148126135030399656733.jpg

Attached Files: