PAX2 Vaporizer Pass Your Drug Test

Marijuana Allergy?

Discussion in 'Medicinal Cannabis and Health' started by poseidon, Jan 18, 2008.

1. poseidon

poseidon Registered+

Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever heard of someone being allergic to Marijuana? First timers usually trip out but but I'm talking about being literally allergic to the stuff.. Does anybody here know of any good outdoor easy to grow sativa strain? Its been a while since I came across a Sativa.. Oh and yes, is there a home/kitchen sort of a method to find out the %age of THC in your bud or hash?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  2. .fortune

.fortune Registered

I've heard it once before. This girl would break out like mad when her brother smoked anywhere near her. So, apparantly it might be possible...(sp?)

3. XXBlaze of DesiréXX

XXBlaze of DesiréXX Registered+

Well they are most likely allergic to the smoke, if its around them, but not the actual bud. Just like cigarette smoke, ppl are allergic to the smoke, not the cigarette:jointsmile:

4. twitch

twitch Registered+

i have a buddy who his throat swells up and he gets hives... but its only when he smokes good bud....

5. poseidon

poseidon Registered+

haha, what?:eek:

6. Doubtful

Doubtful Registered

I've heard of one person that had it. I went to school with her and she said she ended up in the hospital from the reaction she had. So now she won't go anywhere near pot/smoke from pot. Understandably so but it would definitely suck to be her.

I just make it my mission to smoke enough pot for the both of us. :jointsmile:

7. midnite420toker

midnite420toker Registered

i once talked to someone who said that a doctor told her that when thc was in her body, the cells would mistake the thc for O2 (or something to that effect) so she was allergic and couldnt breathe if she was even around the smoke.

8. birdgirl73

birdgirl73 Registered+

I had a guy friend in college who was allergic. His eyes and mouth swelled up and he sneezed. It's easily possible. People are allergic to all sorts of types of plants and weeds.

9. metlockz

metlockz Registered

keep these storys coming guys and they will ever legalise the stuff

10. birdgirl73

birdgirl73 Registered+

Puh-lease. People are allergic to all kinds of perfectly legal stuff. Medicines. Plants. Foods. Textiles. Latex. Housepets. The possibility of an allergic reaction is one of the few things that would not stand in the way of legalization. There are lots bigger anti-cannabis-propaganda battles to fight than the possibility of allergies.

11. beachguy in thongs

beachguy in thongs Registered+

My girlfriend is allergic to latex.

No g-strings or thongs for me (on her)!!!

People are allergic to the pollen that cannabis creates.

12. LaZ

LaZ Registered+

My friends mom is allergic to cannabis. She tried it when she was in college and based her views on it from her experience, which is why she is pretty narrow minded when it comes to people she knows smoking it.

13. SmokeItUp999

SmokeItUp999 Registered+

allergy shots would probably help too but it depends..when i was younger and really sick, i had all sorts of allergies like grass and trees but when my health got better, it all got better

14. guitargirl7

guitargirl7 Registered

Mold on marijuana can produce flu like symptoms including fever, sore throat, severe cough, and chills. Mold can also grow on pipes. Inspect it carefully for mold, and clean any pipes if you use them.

15. THClord

THClord Registered+

My throat had swollen up last few times and got really red, but I don't think it's allergy. I never had problems before.

I can be in a room with people smoking no prob. I just think my throat got really irritated because I've been smoking a lot recently. Like every day for a month straight, and I'm not used to it. I just started smoking a year ago and had never done cigs.

I'm on a break now, I'm letting my throat heal. After my break I'm gonna start with edibles, then vape. I think I'll stop there for a while, no bongs for me any time soon.

Hopefully all this is temporary.

Wish me luck guys, I don't want to say goodbye to MJ.

16. Jay Matix

Jay Matix Registered+

I was smoking with this girl once and she started breaking out in hives all over her legs after she packed a bowl.. guess she rubbed her legs after touching the weed and it triggerd an allergic response or something.

17. LegalizeTheGreen

LegalizeTheGreen Registered+

My roomate is allergic to the actual bud, like when it touches him, but he can smoke it just fine, lol. He basicly has to grind it in his grinder, then roll a joint and try to avoid touching the herb while doing that, lol. I tried to convince him to switch to bowls, but he is a J fiend, rofl

18. kgb420

kgb420 Registered+

i smoke daily. and sometimes i get an allergic reaction. usually something like red swelling, and ithciness. all these symptoms go away a couple of minutes after i take a benadryl ;)

here's the thing.. i don't think i'm allergic to marijuana, since it doesn't happen most of the time. i do think i'm allergic to something used to grow certain batches, however, because i get the same allergic reaction to some fruits and vegetables. so i think i'm allergic to a certain fertilizer, or pesticide, or whatever else is used to grow ;|

19. 8182KSKUSH

8182KSKUSH Registered+

Every time I smoke

Yeah,
    Now that you mention it everytime I smoke my eyes get real red and dry, so does my mouth, then I compulsively eat Reese's Peanut Butter Cups until until there are none left anywhere!
    I am up to 23 cups a day!:D

20. kgb420

kgb420 Registered+

;) heheh