Max Grow Temp Allowed

Discussion in 'Plant Problems' started by bubadutep75, May 31, 2010.

1. bubadutep75

bubadutep75 Registered+

What is the highest the temp that my grow room can get, my plants have stopped growing but the temp is 95 degrees or higher.

2. WashougalWonder

WashougalWonder Registered+

My understanding is when the roots reach 85 F they stop growing and just exist.

3. cronicmonster

cronicmonster Registered+

I can tell ya this ....Temps inside my greenhouses hover about 90-100 all day. NO problems w/growth here!!!

Attached Files:

4. Dutch Pimp

Dutch Pimp Up in Smoke

lots of fresh air, will help/offset, high temps...:thumbsup:

5. Dorje113

Dorje113 Registered+

agreed... mid 90's - 100 no problem with enough air exchange. Strains react differently to temps (high or low) so keep an eye out. Lots of ways to reduce temps if needed. ;) I would be more concerned with high temps toward the end of flowering as some strains might not get the message that it's time to finish. I had a NL strain that turned out a lot better if you got the temps down for the last couple weeks. Not a problem with a lot of Sativa-dom types tho, some of them will turn yellow, drop all the fans and finish very quickly if the temp drops too much.

6. Rusty Trichome

Rusty Trichome Registered+

Thete's a link in my signature that can provide some handy tips for dealing with heat issues. :thumbsup:

7. bubadutep75

bubadutep75 Registered+

Thanks for all the tips, I have my timer set-up now so the lights are off at the hottest part of the day and I just checked the room at its 89 degrees so I think I am good if not I have a full basement I'll just move it down there if they still don't start growing faster.