miracle gro bloom booster (15-30-15)

Discussion in 'Organic Growing' started by NightProwler, Aug 30, 2007.

1. NightProwler

NightProwler Registered+

would this be okay to use this on my flowering plant?
    or is there something i should use instead to boost my buds?

2. the image reaper

the image reaper Registered+

you will be better off, if you buy a 'Bloom'-specific fertilizer, as your plant does not want much nitrogen once in it's 'flowering' mode ... look for ferts like 0-2-4, 2-5-8, etc.... IF you use the Miracle-Gro, dilute it 50%, only once weekly, at most .... easy to overfeed with that ... :smokin:

3. smoke_and_fly

smoke_and_fly Registered+

yeh that is too high in nitrogen for a flowering plant
    i use mega bud plus
    aim for one with 5/30/13

4. Dr. Bloor

Dr. Bloor Registered+

Too much N! for sure! I am into Fox Farms Tiger Bloom right now or Hawaiian Bud and Bloom. They are expensive but worth it. My girls are happy

5. Dr. Bloor

Dr. Bloor Registered+

Happy girl on Hawaiian Bud & bloom. Look at those leaves!

Attached Files:

6. NightProwler

NightProwler Registered+

thanks for all of your help

7. hock8889

hock8889 Registered+

Miracle Grow Blossom Booster 15-30-15

ok it's my first ever grow...just bag seed germinated indoors then thrown outside...i used MG blossm booster which many people crap on... but i used it, 1 tblsp per gallon with also some black strap molassess.. about once a week, no more, and we had tons of rain to keep oxygen to the roots....

check out the size, and the bud is very sticky and smells of skunk.
    i think i got almost 4 ounces from 2 plants side by side. i'm sure it would be better if organic, but these buds are decent sizes don't you think?

Attached Files:

8. Dutch Pimp

Dutch Pimp Up in Smoke

I think you did a good job...:thumbsup:

...and I think MGBB 15-30-15 is OK for outdoors. I prefer 10-52-10...IMO.

ps...you should have started a new thread about your grow...instead of bumping this old thread. Bumping old threads is called

"gravedigging"...:stoned:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  9. marijuanaisgr8

marijuanaisgr8 Registered+

Fox Farm Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom are two very nice products would definitely be the way to go.. but anything works

10. tuffgong09

tuffgong09 Registered

I "grave read" good knowledge being passed is like good herb just pass it !!!

11. the image reaper

the image reaper Registered+

Miracle-Grow works just fine, (but, it is NOT organic) ... I don't grow organically, or even try to, (I just grow good plants), but I threw this out there, just in case someone's wondering why MG is in this particular Forum ... :jointsmile:

12. miguetronix

miguetronix Registered+

schultz cactus plus

i found these in my local garden store (not so many where i live ) the npk formula its 2-7-7 my other options are MG 15-30-15 or some organic liquid with manure in it that it does not show the npk formula
    my baby just got into flowering so i dont know wich one its better
    thanks

13. jagerbombs101

jagerbombs101 Registered+

try bone meal

14. pat20839

pat20839 Registered

bone meal

that has only nitrogen in it...can u use it for flowering>..im wondering

15. bullyslayer

bullyslayer Registered+

dude, bone meal has little nitro in it.it is good to use for flowering plants . high phos and cal. steamed is best.

16. bobjob4u

bobjob4u Registered+

as a beginner i would say go ahead and use. But just at 1/4 strength. After you learn to master other factors involved. You will be ready to step up and improve your techniques of growing. by then you wil be mature enough to growing . to understand the plants specific needs for various nutrients. but anyway seen it used and it does fine at 1/4 strength.

17. Dutch Pimp

Dutch Pimp Up in Smoke

18. nugssgalore

nugssgalore Registered+

Interesting...thanks for posting that Dutch...still...seems kind of expensive, no?

19. randude101

randude101 Registered

I have had good results with MG, but I have seen other people have better results with other products. I doubt I will change. Growing MJ is not the top priority in my life, I make no money from it and I am happy with what I get in the end. I generally just make hash anyway.

20. Dutch Pimp

Dutch Pimp Up in Smoke

growing costs money...$$$...how fast do you want to grow?