PAX2 Vaporizer Pass Your Drug Test

Miss Stinky's First Grow Log =p

Discussion in 'Indoor Growing' started by stinkyattic, Sep 29, 2006.

1. stinkyattic

stinkyattic CultiModerVatorAtor

[But not her first grow]

Hey all, it's time to finally document some of my [mis]adventures in the attic.

The votes are in, and after some consideration my next batch of seeds is going to be... (drumroll please)... PAPAYA!

My girlfriends are bugging me for more FRUIT in their diets. :D

This is going to be a continuation of my perpetual crop, so I'll be starting 6 or 12 seeds weekly, depending on space opening up in the grow rooms, but I'll try to follow the progress of the papaya, from start to pruning to sexing to cloning to havest.

White Rhino will probably be next on the list, then the week after, a Kush, then another fruit strain, then Power Plant, then maybe Haze, then bluemoonrocks, etc. going in the order fruity, yield, earthy, and so on.

Basic stats: Dirt grow, Botanicare nutes with organic amendments, veg under flouros then MH250, flower under HPS400 + HPS1000 as soon as the weather turns cooler.

First pics Monday.

2. kush07

kush07 Registered+

All right my lady. I look forward to your bold adventure into the wild green yonder.

Happy Toking :Rasta:

3. babystarbud

babystarbud Registered+

should be good :)
    im curious as to how you configure the 400, and the 1000 together, do you use both on the same patch of plants, or do you have some under the 400 and some under the 1000, or do you rotate them, or do you start with the 400, then put them under the 1000 as they mature??

thanks

4. stinkyattic

Ideally they start under the 400 and move towards the 1000 as they mature, so they finish under the 1000.

In practice, whatever plant grows upwards fastest gets moved towards that end of the room sooner. That way the canopy is reasonably even. And I've been too lazy to tag my plants by date up to now.

Currently I'm not even running the 1000 because of summer heat, and using the 400 where the 1000 will be('departures' :D), and a MH400 on the 'new arrivals' side of the room.

5. BlueBear

BlueBear Registered+

Nice to check out a female grower doing a complete log. You women are so particular that it usually makes for a informative and amusing read. Don't disapoint us. LOL
    Happy growing
    Adieu

6. Dutch Pimp

Dutch Pimp Up in Smoke

..grow when ready..

....let me get my seatbelt on...

7. Stink it up :pimp:

8. sdhall36

sdhall36 Registered+

Bring it on baby blue eyes! - Now we get to see growing pro-style!!!

The best of look mi Lady - Hall x

9. stinkyattic

Oh no! Pro style!? Nooooo..... not a pro! Just a happy gardener!
    And my eyes are hazel!

Okay, here's the update as promised:

Yesterday I moistened my seeds, papaya and my freebie dreamweaver x godbud.
    That was around lunchtime, and this morning 3 of the papayas had already popped.
    Method as follows:
    2x20mL glass vials, one for each strain, washed with detergent and water, rinsed, and sterilized with rubbing alcohol ( to kill mold spores) and rinsed again with tap water.
    Vials poured out leaving just a few drops of water in them.
    Seeds placed in vials, labeled, sealed, and placed in my kitchen, ambient temps in the 70s.
    Prepped nursery 6-packs, soil mix is mostly compost and perlite, just a touch of topsoil mixed in.
    Vials shown below.

Attached Files:

10. invision

invision Registered+

Stinky with 1400 total watts you may want to think about starting out 2 cabs and have them timed to get a harvest every 2 months behind each other start plants in cab 1 (400) then move to cab 2 (1000) when they are 1 month into flower then start cab 1 all over :)

11. stinkyattic

Nope, it's not a cabinet grow, and I've already got a perpetual crop in my growrooms. Not changing anything. And I've got way more watts than that-
    veg room has 8 tube flouros plus a MH250, which will be replaced by the MH400 from the flower room, flower room has a HPS 400 and a MH 400 that will be replaced by my 'winter' HPS 1000.
    Grow areas are each 5x10 feet.

12. TheGreenFog

TheGreenFog Registered+

Hey, StinkyAttic! Look forward to seeing your grow. I've seen lots of your posts. I didnt know you were a girl for a little while. Very intelligent. Love your grows. Sad you haven't stopped by mine tho. :( I sure could use your expertise.

Anyway, will keep up with your citus grows. Should be nice and stinky. T'care.

TGF

13. invision

invision Registered+

how does that work out for you im in the middle of doing a 2nd cab and was thinking of doing a perpetual grow with the cabs together

14. stinkyattic

Works out nicely.
    Keeps me happy all the time.
    There's always something to do- transplanting, starting seeds, harvesting, sexing, etc.
    I enjoy being busy with a different project every day.
    My harvest schedule works out to be around 4 plants a week (24 x 3-gallon pails + 18 5" square pots getting sexed) on an 8-week cycle in flower, and if plants take too long to mature, I just don't add new unsexed plants that week.
    Similarly, in veg, they remain in that room until the nodes go alternating, and I start new seeds as needed to fill holes left by mature plants.

15. stinkyattic

Update, yesterday evening, 36 hours after moistening the seeds, the score is:
    Papaya 10/10
    Godbud X Dreamweaver 0/10, and not even a sign of splitting.

I looked up the latter on the seedboutique forum, where the breeder has a grow log. Seems he did a run of 30,000 seeds of that cross, that he calls 'dream goddess', but had some temp issues during drying, and low germination. I read between the lines that that is the reson they're being handed out as freebies... um, nice freebie. I'll update of course if any do happen to pop!

Anyhow, the papayas are all in dirt: 50% perlite 50% composted manure/humus. I'm expecting that mix to be a little on the 'hot' side with potential for slight burn, but it worked out for the BOG stuff I popped last month- they did get a bit burned, but 100% of them outgrew it quickly and growth was explosive after that.

16. invision

invision Registered+

thats too bad freebies seldom sprout at a 100% rate other than that everything seems good.

17. stinkyattic

Those peppers- yikes, I've got more than I can eat, and the plants are still flowering, and they're coming in for the winter! I abused them, didn't fertilize, didn't weed, didn't stake them, only watered once all summer, when they got set out in the garden, the dogs peed on the plants, gotta say those are 2 varieties that I will ALWAYS grow.
    You may know my feelings on garden plants by now; if it's indestructible, I'll grow it every year. Already gave up on tea roses in favor of shrub and rugosa varieties, I don't really 'do' stupid impatiens or petunias becaus I refuse to deadhead them, and even lifting gladiolus bulbs in the fall is kind of a stretch, so they're going in a bed right up against the cellar wall so they can stay in the ground all year. I once had my garden located atop a septic tank just for the heat! Everything grew like crazy in that spot!

18. stinkyattic

Update, the godbud X finally popped! 9/15 are in dirt now, waiting for the last 6 to pop.

19. stinkyattic

Update- one more godbud x in soil this morning.
    The papayas have begun to poke out of the soil.
    I took some pics of the setup to kill time during the boring, waiting stage we're in now:
    First pic is an Afghan girl a month into flower
    2nd is a bagseed x afghan with 2 weeks to go. She's hard as a rock.
    3rd is my cloning setup, just a couple simple wick units. Easy.
    4th is a whole bunch of BOG veggers about 6 weeks from seed. None has matured yet but I'm guessing they will be ready to flower in another week or 2.
    5th pic is just my veg setup. It's a little messier than I should be keeping it, but I've been moving stuff around to make room for my hot pepper plants coming indoors for the winter.

Attached Files:

20. TheGreenFog

TheGreenFog Registered+

Nice afghans, Stinky. Nice litte room, too. Is that a Santa Claus in the bgrd? ;) Look forward to seeing these little Papayas sprout. I'm going after Bubblegum & NL #5 next. Gonna post some of my ventilation pics later today. Stop by and visit! ;)

I love growing peppers. They are almost as hardy and forgiving as the cannabis plant, not that I grow cannabis, cuz I dont. I had so many peppers, I had to give most of them away to this crazy mexican friend of mine who eats them raw like a pickle. :eek:

TGF