Moldy Buds

Discussion in 'Growing Information' started by Growkid23, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Growkid23

Growkid23 Registered+

Hi everyone

I have not been here for awhile , I took a little break . I was going to move and thought I was gonna move to a place were I might be able to grow so I cut my plants down like 7 weeks in to flower, dried them not long enough and put them in a mason jar, came to give them some air and could see there was this white mold on alot of the buds, knew I was not going to want to smoke it, I let the buds sit out for awhile and then once I knew they were really dry I put them back in the mason jar, they have just been sitting in there for the past while and I open them from time to time, there still seems some white stuff but it has turned to powder. Was wondering if anyone is familiar with this . I dont think this bud is gonna be worth smoking but I was wondering if there is any other way to salvage this bud.

2. Shovelhandle

Shovelhandle Registered+

qwiso or other solvent concentration should kill and/or filter any mold, if that's worth the effort.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Growkid23

Growkid23 Registered+

Ok I will look into that.

4. emilya

emilya Future Dispensary Owner

ewwww

• Like Like x 1
  5. Justin00420

Justin00420 Registered+

Question Emilya
    I'm almost ready to flower n have found u can make a female plant pollinate itself by leaving it in flower to long will the seeds it produces be female not sure if it could b a way to guarantee female seeds just curious thanks

6. emilya

yes, it is true that a plant left too long will pollinate itself and if you have the time to devote to this process it is one of the methods used to get seeds. Another and more common way of doing this, because it takes less time, is to chemically induce stress in the plant (again a variety of methods available to do this). Since there is no male involved in either of these processes, the seeds that are produced can not have the male chromosomes, so they are "feminized" seeds and should (without stress) produce female plants. Nature is funny though... there are no 100% guarantees.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Justin00420

Justin00420 Registered+

8. Justin00420

Justin00420 Registered+

Dry having a hard time with my new phone lol well one more question if got cause
    for a potential mold hazard OK so I can't post pics on her my can res is to high m I have no idea how to lower it my pics are bigger then the 4 mbs allowed but in two of them the buds didn't grow far out the stayed like right up against the stem n grew kinda up n out but still really close to the stem n grew up into the other bud nodes n became one now they in a sense grew into one another n I'm worried humidity n the dark of the intraped part could create mold how can i separate the buds from each other I can pull a few n the pull out but there really tight n don't want to snap them

9. emilya

no clue what you mean... need a picture. I suggest a fan in the grow room to stop mold and let the plants grow the way they want to... every strain will act a little differently.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Growkid23

Growkid23 Registered+

Emilya were you eww me , do you think I should just throw the buds out , I dont want to get sick or anything, I will post a pic so you can maybe get a better look.

11. emilya

smoking mold can make you very ill... don't do it. At best, send these buds to oil.

12. Justin00420

Justin00420 Registered+

I agree with her but for me I would get rid of it no need to screw with moldy stuff

13. Justin00420

Justin00420 Registered+

Here a pic I fig it out

Attached Files:

14. Justin00420

Justin00420 Registered+

So emilya the way a female grows male balls or a few anyway could I harvest the pollen n create my own sorta strain or is this pollen not able to b harvested like a male thanks glad I found some one as into this ingenious plant

15. emilya

yes, this is done all the time.

16. Justin00420

Justin00420 Registered+

I just figured it out lol I've always just bought seeds glade I know longer need to do that

17. Pupp

Pupp Registered+

I would not recommend using moldy buds in any way, shape, or form. Black mold is so dangerous because it can cause respiratory problems from breathing in the spores, and a host of other problems if ingested.

Even though your buds have white mold on them, I wouldn't take a chance that it could be dangerous, if not as common as black mold. No telling how many different species of mold is around.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Dutch Pimp

Dutch Pimp Up in Smoke

I have done a 3 day water bath/cure; in quart jars. No ill effects for me. IMG_0314.JPG IMG_0315.JPG

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  19. Justin00420

Justin00420 Registered+

I won't smoke that man sorry to say just start overdo need to risk respotory issue's

20. Justin00420

Justin00420 Registered+

Just wanted to share I made my first cannabis e juice for electronic cigarettes n it came out really good

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1