PAX2 Vaporizer Pass Your Drug Test

Mortar and Pestle

Discussion in 'Marijuana Methods' started by Specialty Cakes, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Specialty Cakes

Specialty Cakes Registered+

Good idea or bad idea for grinding your bud? I figure bad, cause you'd lose a lot of triches, but then again, I dunno, maybe it's harmless... cause I have one of them, I just don't have a grinder, and I'd rather NOT have a grinder kickin around my room.

2. Jimbob1310

Jimbob1310 Registered+

i wouldnt suggest it for the best grind, it would be decent but take a lot more time and you would be scraping the bottom and losing a lot of crystals...i would suggest african engeneering a grinder...

for example: take a shot glass (or a round bottomed small glass) and put your bud at the bottom and take scizzors and chop it up, easier to clean too.

let me know if that works out for ya! :jointsmile:

3. Specialty Cakes

I've DONE that, and I don't really like it. I prefer using my fingers a lot of times, but I was just wondering whether the mortar and pestle would be a good idea...

and yeah, I figured it would waste too many crystals and whatnot...

4. sttomassmoker

sttomassmoker Registered+

mortar and pestle sucks for grinding bud. just mashes it up

5. Jimbob1310

Jimbob1310 Registered+

i was thinking that, id suggest using your hands then, lot nicer :D

6. BlazinTreesX3

BlazinTreesX3 Registered+

Good if its one with a kief catcher and after you buy it you TOTALLY forget that u have a kief catcher. if you forget then that kief will be a godsend later. if u remember then well id rather do it with my hands. Because that kief would be gone soon anyways. and a grinder in ur room shouldnt be too bad considering you have weed in ur room...

Edit:Disregard im completely uneducated in the topic apparently. never used a grinder bought a grinder or touched a grinder just thought my post would be better than no one replying but that was fixed anyways.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2007
  7. memoryburner

memoryburner Registered+

I think the pestle and mortar would be good for larger amounts of bud..but if its like a dub..dont do it.

8. affasd

affasd Registered+

i would think you would just be crushing your bud i dont even see how it would break it up

9. thcbongman

thcbongman Registered+

Coffee grinders work fine. Use that :thumbsup:

10. User Name Here

User Name Here Registered+

Mmm weed paste.

11. slpntrx5

slpntrx5 Registered+

hmm...you could buy a grinder and put it in a little decorative box or something, if that's why you don't want one...

or if it's an issue of just having it, then i'd say just do the finger trick

12. Nochowderforyou

Nochowderforyou Registered+

That would only work if the bud was like bone ass dry, and very loose and leafy. Even then it wouldn't worj that well as it mashes it, no breaks it apart.

Rasta's use a pocket knife and chop their dry buds up. I seen a fellow do it once when I went to Montego Bay a few years back. It was nasty ass weed too. :p

Just get a coffee grinder. I bought one at Wal-Mart for $12.99. One of the best weed related purchases I ever got. Take your buds, close the lid, push the button two or three times, and it's done.

The kif sticks to the sides of the lid, so just scrape it off gently with a blades, and top it on a bowl, or smoke alone for a nice kick.

13. Jimbob1310

Jimbob1310 Registered+

WORD!!! when i went to ocho rio 2 years ago, ohhhh man that place is awsome, i didnt even smoke anything. :D

14. Specialty Cakes

yeah, figured as much... I'll be looking for a grinder one of these days... eventually...