My Ghetto CFL grow box. WITH PICS!

Discussion in 'Closet / Cabinet Growing' started by TheBudReaper, Jul 2, 2010.

1. TheBudReaper

TheBudReaper Registered+

Hi everyone. This is my very frist grow!:clap: So that being said. I am looking for advise. I have been reading around the forum for a while. And decided, I want to grow weed too!
    This is not a serious commercial grow or what ever. Just a guy with a couple bucks to spend and a deep passion for all that is cannabis.

On to the good stuff

Here are my mats.
    2x 42 watt CFL 15.00
    4x 26 watt CFL 10.00
    2x Y socket splitter 5.00
    4x socket to outlet thing 6.00
    1x bag of Supersoil Potting soil 10.00
    1x bag of 12-10-5 nutes ( Extended release N ) 5.00
    4X random size pots FREE
    2x extension cords FREE
    1x 7socket extension cord FREE
    1x 3x4x1 grow box FREE

2. TheBudReaper

TheBudReaper Registered+

A mirror fell on one of mah babies yesterday ( a result of me trying to put some reflection in the GB ) And about a week ago one of the lights fell on the other one... Luckly not burning it at all ( this ones fine now )

Oh shit forgot to say what kind of plants these are. So I have 3 bag seed sprouts and 2x 3 week old " UK cheese " Ive herd good things about this strain.

PIC TIME!
    1st pic plant 1 at 2-3 days after receiving clone
    2nd pic plant 2 ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^
    3rd pic plant 1 at about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks old
    4th pic plant 2 ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^
    5th pic My plant nutes i got. Just woundering what everones thoughts were on extended release N

Attached Files:

3. TheBudReaper

TheBudReaper Registered+

Who knew making threads were so time consuming! lol

MORE PICS

1st pic Grow set up.

2nd pic plant 1 current. about 3 weeks

3rd pic plant 2 ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^

I dont have a good camera, so I used to bottle to give people an idea of how big they are, that is a 2 liter bottle.
    If I had to estimate though, I would say about a foot tall, maybe a foot and 1/2, but thats just my estimate

Attached Files:

4. TheBudReaper

TheBudReaper Registered+

One plant is looking a little weird because the mirror fell on it, I think she'll be fine.
    But I think I am ready to start flowing them. Input anyone?

I see some white hairs, on plant 1

Didnt check plant 2 yet.

And if/when i do end up flowering them, i would just take out the sprouts and put them up some where. So I would have a total of.. 184w on two plants. Does this sounds resonable? And I applyed my nutes almost right after i got it like 5 days ago

Stop bye some time check it out and add your :twocents: Thanks guys/girls will be posting up dates and replying to you guys damn near daily

• Like Like x 1
  5. bigsby

bigsby Banned

You will want to keep these short and bush in order to maximize light. Consider LST or tying them down. Check out this link for a tutorial. I'm not a CFL person so I can't give you accurate advice but if I had to say something, I'm thinking you want more light. Check out the El-Cheapo Guide to Lighting sticky in the indoor lighting forum.

Yes. time to switch to 12/12 flower. You can expect those plants to at least double in size and perhaps triple depending on the strain. Good luck!

6. TheBudReaper

TheBudReaper Registered+

Yeah size of the plants will be a problem.

I think i might try LST.

But should i LST then flower? or LST then wait x amount of time then flower?

7. bigsby

bigsby Banned

I believe it is covered in the tutorial. From what I recall, You want to do most of your training during veg but can continue into the first few weeks of flower. It will add a bit of time to length of grow.

8. truepunk87

truepunk87 Registered+

looks good bro.

9. TheBudReaper

TheBudReaper Registered+

Thanks dude!

Started flowering yesterday bought a couple timers for like 4 bucks each

The stem that I took off plant one ( due to mirror falling on it ) I stuck it in the dirt with my other sprouts and after a day of droopyness or soo it is looking good! So i guess i have a ghetto clone of my UK cheese =):thumbsup:

10. truepunk87

truepunk87 Registered+

hells yea. going to get timers for mine today. not time for bud yet but figured i should get them while we got the money. check out my thread "poor babies" ill be checking in on u later bro:)

11. TheBudReaper

TheBudReaper Registered+

Yeah dude get em fast! Usually if i put it off for the next day i end up spending the money on something else. Ill for sure check yours out!

UPDATE!

plant 1 & plant 2 ( UK Cheese (Cheese x sensi star i bealeave ) Second day flowering

Sprouts x3 ( bagseed ) branch that fell off plant 1 ( ghetto cloned! ) All in a rubber-maid stasis chamber I call it LOL.

Pics are on the way!

12. TheBudReaper

TheBudReaper Registered+

pics 1 & 2 day 2 flowering

pics 3 & 4 Outside box and inside box

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  13. TheBudReaper

TheBudReaper Registered+

Oh yeah I have the fan running ever 30 min, also on timer. Theres a hole on the other side so its going through.

Just using the big fan til i get smaller ones

14. TheBudReaper

TheBudReaper Registered+

Raised the lights about .5 inch, White hairs starting at the top and all down about 4 nodes. Day 3 flowering
    will post pics later.

15. truepunk87

truepunk87 Registered+

wow three days and hairs already....nice. cant wait for the pics.

16. TheBudReaper

TheBudReaper Registered+

Pics as promised

Attached Files:

• 020.jpg
      020.jpg
      File size:
      187.2 KB
      Views:
    • 021.jpg
      021.jpg
      File size:
      184.9 KB
      Views:
    • 013.jpg
      013.jpg
      File size:
      227.8 KB
      Views:
    • 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      File size:
      250.3 KB
      Views:
  17. TheBudReaper

TheBudReaper Registered+

Alot of growth on plant #1 ( the one with the wide pot ) in a one day time span

18. truepunk87

truepunk87 Registered+

yea bro. them doing fantastic. look healthy as hell. wish the yellow would get off mine. only 13 more days till i start 12/12:thumbsup: major props on the grow reaper

19. TheBudReaper

TheBudReaper Registered+

They got too big for my wardrobe i had them in. Put em in a dresser i cleared out thats about 4 x 2 x 1 Same lights on it.

Attached Files:

• 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      229.2 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      129.1 KB
      Views:
  20. TheBudReaper