My Grow Set Ups

Discussion in 'Indoor Growing' started by Buds Buddy, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Buds Buddy

Buds Buddy Registered+

Well since I had a few peeps asking for pics & my camera started working again I figured I'd post some pics.
    Here's the info : 4' x 8' x 7' Flower Tent with 3 - 600 watt LED's, 6 - 28 watt Spot light LED's for side lighting, 2 - clip on fans & 1 - Oscillating Fan, 1 - 12" x 40" Phresh Filter with reducer for 8" fan, 8" Hurricane Fan, 8" Duct Muffler, Temp & Humidity Gauge & a Homemade Co2 Bucket with Co2 Lines Ran (but not using it currently).
    7 Females 1 - week into Flower & cuttings from other plants in the Veg Tent in the Flower Tent. FFOF & FFHF soil, 5 - Gal. Grow Bags, OG Fire Plants.
    In the Veg Tent : 2' x 4' x 6' Tent with a 2' 4-Bulb T-5 & 4- 45 watt 6500 K Side Lights, 4" x 20" Carbon Filter w/ 4" inline Fan & 4" Duct Muffler & 2 - Clip on Fans. 8 - plants in Veg while waiting for the cuttings to determine sex. Actually, I know 2 are female & 1 is male out of the 8.
    I also have a Clone / Mother Plant Tent …. but nothing in it at the moment.
    I started out with 25 seeds. 1 only grew a few inches & stopped growing so I tossed it...24 left. Then out of 16 that were big enough to take cuttings from I got 7 Females (the ones in flower now) & 9 Males which have been chopped up & trashed. As soon as I know the sex of all 8 I will pick a mother to keep & clone from it & the other Females will go to Flower.
    Well …. That's my story & I'm sticking to it.
    I'd like to Thank Weezard, Irydium, Woushgal Wonder, Evil Cartman & the others who have given me sound advice. Listen when these guys tell you something. They know their shit !!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Buds Buddy

Buds Buddy Registered+

1st pics:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Buds Buddy

Buds Buddy Registered+

2nd pics:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Buds Buddy

Buds Buddy Registered+

3rd pics (Veg Tent):

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Buds Buddy

Buds Buddy Registered+

4th pic (This is the plant that was growing only single leaves up until a couple days ago. It started growing branches now.)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. EvilCartman

EvilCartman Registered+

Nice! Looks like a happy bunch. :cool:

Keep an open mind.
    While this course is good for your scheduling and convenience, you may find a better choice for a mom as the plants progress through flowering.
    Even though they are all OG Fire, there will be some variation in their expressions as they mature.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Buds Buddy

Buds Buddy Registered+

While this course is good for your scheduling and convenience, you may find a better choice for a mom as the plants progress through flowering.
    Maybe I'm confused on what you're saying; but I thought you weren't suppose to clone from a plant after it's in flower. That's my understanding of it & the reason why I was choosing one from the veg tent after the cuttings determined sex.

8. EvilCartman

EvilCartman Registered+

Al I'm saying is the best choice for a mom really won't be known until the plants have flowered. Bud structure, aroma & frost could vary a good bit between seed plants.
    If you already have the cuts you took to determine sex, they could be re-vegged pretty painlessly.

If need be, you can take a cut from any plant, at any time. There are no rules, just suggestions.
    For years, I would take clones at week 5 of flower, because that is what worked for my schedule.

In the absence of any available cuts, the best plant at harvest could be re-vegged for a mom, too.

There is nothing wrong with your plan, it's just that picking the mom before flowering her can be risky,... or a winner. (like a lotto ticket) :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Gone Camping

Gone Camping Registered+

Take a clone or two from each before flowering, once finished flowering you'll have a better idea which one or two phenotypes you'll want to hang onto.

Some of the members you mentioned helped me out when I first started the hobby.. great mentors and I wish a few were neighbors! Unfortunately I had to leave this place when the spam got too bad.. but it's been looking better here of late.

10. Buds Buddy

Buds Buddy Registered+

Hmmm, Now I understand what you're saying Cartman.
    And I see what Camping is saying also. I should have taken 2 cuttings from each plant. 1 to flower to determine sex & 1 to clone. Once you see how it fully grows & the yield you get from it choose the clone you want to be the mother. That actually sounds like a good idea. I'll take a 2nd cutting from the 8 in veg once I know the sex from the 1st cuttings. I'll keep the 2nd cuttings in veg till I see the end results & choose one of those to be MOM & flower the rest. Does this sound right to you ? Only concern is .... Is it OK to clone from a clone ? I've heard you lose potency when you do that. I don't see why you would though if it's an exact replica of the mother.
    So next weekend the other 8 should be ready for up-potting & flower so I'll take new cuttings then.

11. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

Exactly. An exact replica in toto!

That means each cutting is the same age as the momma. They don't really lose potency, but after the 7th generation of cuts, they are long in tooth and hard to root.
    A momma plant, kept in veg., will keep producing cuts for years. If she fades, take a cut and make it the new momma.

Got a friend who did that with a Northern Lights and flowered the cuts outdoors in the Boston 'burbs for 13 years!
    I'm on my 5th generation of an Ice Breaker from a single seed. Have had ~18 harvests, so far and the momma is still going strong.
    It took a year and a half of abusing the clones to finally get one to hermie. Now I have hundreds of feminized seeds and can retire the moms.

I'll pick a new pheno as a fresh momma, and carry on.
    Ice Breaker is the star of my harem. :)

Aloha,
    Weeze

12. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

IF, (And that's a mighty, big, if), you carefully label everything.
    The more success you have in growing that harder that gets, yah? :D
    Howzit GC? Good to see you here.
    I consider you one of the mentors. Always good advice. :)

Aloha,
    Weeze

• Like Like x 1
  13. Buds Buddy

Buds Buddy Registered+

Yes indeed, I number all my pots & Cutting cups with matching numbers for each plant. Pretty easy to keep track of that way for me. Only this time I have to add (Batch 2) to my numbering as they will be in flower 2 - 3 weeks longer than the 1st batch. I'm fairly thorough on keeping track of things.
    The 1st batch is showing hairs on most plants & 1 of them is going crazy on me. It has hairs everywhere !!! It's a good 3' tall now too.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Gone Camping

Gone Camping Registered+

My grow space has been shut down, did some construction and purchased some new equipment. Looking to dampen a few beans soon.

See a surgeon this am.. been putting off back surgery since 95'.. last few winters has been rough and this summer's activity has been tough. Time to get it done..

Thanks for the compliment my friend.. even if it is an exaggeration. ;)

Maholo..

• Funny Funny x 1