Mysticism, Spirituality, Shamanism and self attunement?

Discussion in 'Experiences' started by Blipy, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Blipy

Blipy Registered

Hello, I would like to hear other peoples experiences of taking an approach to Cannabis as an Ally, Guide, Plant teacher whatever you would like to call her. What have your results been? what pitfalls have you experienced? What have you learned?

So let me start off by saying I have been smoking for about 9 years now and for the most part multiply times daily. I started when I was 14 and in my first few months of experimenting with cannabis before I became straight up addicted (yes, Cannabis CAN be addicting, just like any and every experience or sensation in life could be), It brought me extremely huge waves of insight about myself, cultural influences and society as a whole. My first thoughts on Cannabis were "well this clearly is some sort of tool that is helping me learn essential things about my own development while simultaneously destroying all of the terrible cultural conditioning I absorbed over the years that has brought me nothing but overwhelming anxiety and shame." When I first started I would always smoke alone then meditate for hours and come out the trance feeling like a fucking fortune teller or something hahah. But once I got into my drinking phase I started to use Cannabis just to get fucked up. My drinking phase only lasted about 1 year but I continued to use Cannabis as a drug to just get fucked up on. Needless to say all those experiences that brought on huge waves of insight and feelings of self attunement were replaced with, well...just feeling high.

It's been 4 months with no smoking. This is the longest I have ever gone since I have started and when I did stop I was smoking 3 grams of very prime buds a day. These last 4 months have given me much time to think. I thought a lot about why there was so much more meaning from those early experiences. I thought about how I saw her and our partnership as well as how I approached her as a sacred tool or something with out even knowing it at the time. I thought a lot about how when we finally do have another encounter that I don't want to go back to using her as just a chemical to get fucked up on and how I want to rekindle that friend-teacher relationship.

I'm sure many of us have met many different people who use Cannabis in many different ways. Let me say I'm not trying to convert, shame or tell anybody your wrong in anyway. I'm simply telling what I have realized from my own experiences. All of my friends I try to talk to about this kind of stuff can't relate in the slightest. But all of my friends drink and were all introduced to alcohol before cannabis.

I really would love to hear your thoughts on this so please respond!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017