Need a 3rd opinion

Discussion in 'Plant Problems' started by billbob784, Jan 8, 2018.

1. billbob784

billbob784 Registered

IMG_1618.jpg IMG_1617 2.jpg IMG_1614.jpg these are my bagseed plants i planted then on the 16th last month, the first problem i had was underwatering so i watered and then ran into rootbound in solo cups at about 2/3 weeks in so i moved them to this 1 gal pot. theyve gotten way bigger since then but now it looks like theyre slowing down again ive had them under a 13w 2700k cfl with a reflecter on it about 5 inches away the temp reaches about 78 F without the fan on and with the fan about 70F. ive also noticed the leaves are curling inward so i guessed it was from the heat so i have them under just the cfl now and constantly checking the soil should i keep the reflecter or leave it be now also yes they did get lightburn a while back from a bunch of led bulbs i had mixed in.

2. Sapphyre

Sapphyre Registered

At 70-78 I seriously doubt it is heat...besides it doesn't look like heat stress...
    New growth often 'unfolds', too, so, there's a good chance those leaves already look better on that issue.
    But- you don't really give enough info for anyone to help much. What kind of soil, water ph, are you already feeding, etc
    So I am just going to go with the bigger question IMO.
    Let's say you figure it out, they pick up and grow. Then you have multiple plants in one pot, and, when you try to transplant them, you are going to shock them (or worse) trying to get their roots apart, and get that divider (I think that is what I see there?) out.
    Go buy some good soil- Fox Farms potting soil or KIS shouldn't be too hot for the lil ones, and put them in their own pots.

Good soil should fix the (likely) nute issue without adding ferts while they are still so small.

Good luck!

3. emilya

emilya Future Dispensary Owner

they look overwatered to me

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. billbob784

billbob784 Registered

they are in fox farm happy frog soil i dont use any nutes i just water them with bottled water not sure the actual ph and they are both mixed in the pot together i plan on moving them outside once they get too big for the pot and once it warms up outside

5. billbob784

billbob784 Registered

i believe it might have to do with humidity it is growing in a cardboard box so there is often very little humidity unless i spray them with water

6. emilya

no, they look yellow and swollen and in distress... the result of watering too often

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. billbob784

billbob784 Registered

okay i will hold off on watering for a while they seem to be looking better today after i left them under the reflecter with the fan on

8. emilya

do some searching about the "lift method" of watering. You might also want to ready my thread on Properly Watering... it has helped a ton of people through the years.