New and in need of help.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Octodrone, Jan 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Octodrone

Octodrone Registered

Hello all,. Long time smoker but just got my medical card a few weeks back.
    I decided to start growing and we'll right off the bat I have a few issues and I've looked on Google and found thousands of different answers for my questions. I will post all my questions and about my grow in the proper thread. So if any of you know a thing or two about growing keep an eye out for my post. I will appreciate any and all help I can get to keep my stuff alive happy and healthy.

2. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

You came to the right place.
    Read through our archives and most of your needs will be met.
    Just click on the link in mu signature.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Octodrone

Octodrone Registered

Thanks and ya last night I was flipping through them and reading what everyone had to say.

4. Patrick111

Patrick111 Registered

Hello Weezard
    I am looking for some advice, I took my dog to the vet yesterday and she has been diagnosed with cancer that has spread off her spleen onto other parts of her stomach. She is a 11 year old Staffy and weights around 20kg. I gave her a large dose of oil yesterday and a smaller (bit larger than a match head) amount thus morning. Basically they cut her open to operate and found it was too savere so had to close her up again and have said she will live about a week so any info would be muchly appreciated.
    Thanks.

5. Patrick111

Patrick111 Registered

Hello Weezard
    I am looking for some advice, I took my dog to the vet yesterday and she has been diagnosed with cancer that has spread off her spleen onto other parts of her stomach. She is a 11 year old Staffy and weights around 20kg. I gave her a large dose of oil yesterday and a smaller (bit larger than a match head) amount thus morning. Basically they cut her open to operate and found it was too savere so had to close her up again and have said she will live about a week so any info would be muchly appreciated.
    Thanks.

6. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

I don't know the potency of your oil, but "larger than a match head" sounds like too much for a 20 Kg. dog.
    The situation looks bleak and the stress of surgical exploration takes a toll.
    Prognosis is not good at her age, and 11 years is not a bad run for a Staffy.

With good RSO though, there is actually a chance that she'll survive.
    With a little luck, you may get another year or three together.

Good luck to you and aloha,
    Weeze

7. Patrick111

Patrick111 Registered

Thankyou so much for the reply, I am aware the situation is bleak and she has had a great life. But she is a fighter and is still happy so I just want to give her the best chance she can have.

All the best.

8. Patrick111

Patrick111 Registered

S
    Thanks again just one more thing, they gave me an anti inflammatory called Prednisolone after the surgery, I haven't given her any of this yet would you suggest not to?

9. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

Yes. The Prednisone is prescribed to combat inflammation.
    It will give her relief and comfort.
    It is a serious medication, so read and follow directions.

• Agree Agree x 1