Next Grow...LED's for sure !!!

Discussion in 'Indoor Lighting' started by Buds Buddy, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Buds Buddy

Buds Buddy Registered+

Not sure if it's just my imagination or what....But the Bulb on my MH Light blew 2 days ago so I've just been using LED's the past 2 days. Seems like the plants grew almost 2" according to the stick I have in the ground for support. Maybe I'll still use the HPS Bulb for Bloom ??? Not sure. Think I'll invest in an LED Hood Light....Any suggestions on what watt I'll need for a 2' x 4' x 6' tent ? My plants are currently 2' tall & just transplanted so giving it till the weekend to recover. Then I'll start the Bloom phase. Any tips on Bloom will be helpful as this is a 1st time grow.
    Thanks........."Party On"

2. Buds Buddy

Buds Buddy Registered+

I know a place that has tons of those for $60 each. Is that a good price ?

3. TomSawyer2112

TomSawyer2112 Registered+

That MaxBloom is the newer CREE COB style. I doubt you’ll see a real version of that for only $60. The CREE LEDs alone without the fans and the housing cost more than $60. I would probably call MaxBloom direct. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is trash.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Buds Buddy

Buds Buddy Registered+

5. TomSawyer2112

6. TomSawyer2112

7. Buds Buddy

Buds Buddy Registered+

OK...now I see what you got. I was just wondering if the lights I showed you were them....but as I see...they're not. It was the only COB LED I seen on C.L. so thought I'd ask is all. Thanks !!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. TomSawyer2112

In hindsight, I probably should have saved another 100 bucks and went with the 600 watt, but with a 2x4x5 tent and only growing 2 plants at a time, the 400 should be good enough. For now. LOL.

9. Buds Buddy

Buds Buddy Registered+

Kool....I just scored a 14,000 BTU A/C - Heater - Dehumidifier for $60. Got Lucky on that as I see them going used for $150 & up. I wanted that for when I move up to a 5 x 5 x 7 Tent. Trying to prep for a 4' x 4' Scrog set up.
    I can't even use my 600 Watt HPS on anything over 250 Watt in a 2x4x6 Tent cuz it gets too hot. So I use 4 - 45 Watt LED Spotlights along with the HPS to get enough light. Temp stays at about 80 which is acceptable.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TomSawyer2112

Being dimmable, I can control the heat with this light.