No access to perlite, are there any substitute?

Discussion in 'Basic Growing' started by extremeswagster, Nov 22, 2014.

1. gardenermendo

gardenermendo Registered+

Seems you're the one being snotty str8jacket.

Hydroponics stores sell lots of good soil mixes, and they may include perlite. There is more than one way to be productive. I find that saving time is saving money.

But I'm not here to get into confrontation with you str8jacket. You don't know me or my experience, and I don't know you. I've 40 years of growing plants. I'm here to offer help as I see fit.

And re-read what I said. I didn't say to "not use perlite". I said it was a mess to work with. And I pointed out it comes in good soil mixes (you can buy them, I assume you know this.)

gardenermendo
    I want everyone to succeed with growing. Only when more in this world learns first hand about cannabis, will opinions change.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  2. str8jacket

str8jacket Registered+

I've never seen or heard of any potting soil that already has enough perlite in it, or would not benefit from adding perlite.

What have you used that you feel has a sufficient amount of perlite in it?

3. str8jacket

str8jacket Registered+

To a poster asking for advice on growing in a 3x3 tent, you said 'I don't grow in tents, I grow in rooms'.

To someone asking about perlite, you tell them 'Perlite is a mess to work with. Dust is awful. With a good soil mix, you don't need to add perlite. I don't'.

You're telling people "you don't need to add perlite" without even knowing what recipe they are adding it to.

I must have an eye problem, because I just can't see how that is helpful to anyone.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Menum1

Menum1 Registered

Yes clay ball awesome lauer the bottom of pot scatter throughout and some on top

5. Menum1

Menum1 Registered

Best healthiest root system ive seen using clay balls/pebbles airates soil beautifully ...hold little bit of moisture but not to much

6. Menum1

Menum1 Registered

Clay pebbles awesome for air rating soil i use and my end soil and root system is perfect so "yes"