Northern Lights

Discussion in 'Grow Log' started by TheSailor, Oct 21, 2016.

1. TheSailor

TheSailor Registered+

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

I flush two weeks out from harvest.
    You got another 3-4 weeks to go, depending on how often you feed ,you could do another two feeds.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. TheSailor

TheSailor Registered+

I was just about to ask you what you thought lol, thanks!

4. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Who's the breeder of the NL?

5. TheSailor

TheSailor Registered+

Crop King Seeds

6. TheSailor

TheSailor Registered+

Im starting to really dislike Fox Farm products... Im gonna finish what I have and move on and try something new. This bucket contains the nutrient/water mix they recommend. Yumm.
    1209161637a_crop_683x737.jpg

And im still having issues with either PH or nutrients... This similar thing is on all the plants, been going on for maybe a week.
    1209161642_HDR_crop_677x725.jpg

I got a ph kit and i keep water at 6.3. When i give them pure water between feedings, i have to use ph down. When i feed with nutrients, i end up having to use ph up (if i dont, ph is like 5.5)

Im still learning how to read my plants. :dummy:

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. redtails

redtails Registered+

I had pH problems with them too after a wile but they were a decent beginner's nutrient line. Those pictures are awesome, what dslr do you have?

8. TheSailor

TheSailor Registered+

Yeah, it's the best I can get locally. I guess I'll just order online. What'd you switch to?

It's the Ole lady's, a nikon d610 I believe. I suck at using it lol. She ran the pictures through adobe light room to improve them. She's actually an amazing photographer, so she'll be taking the harvest pics. She's been too busy with weddings, holiday photos to be bothered with them throughout this log.

• Like Like x 1
  9. redtails

redtails Registered+

Nice, I have an old cannon slr but I'm not going to develop film of cannabis pictures lol. One day I'll get a dslr...

I'm using general hydroponics now since I'm running DWC. It's not that hard to get used to, just make sure to mix it all really well before getting a pH. The buffers are pretty good which is what I like about it in my system. They have all sorts of products and work well on my houseplants in soil as well as my hydro plants. I heard they were recently bought by Scotts. Big business is getting ready for legalization...

• Like Like x 1
  10. TheSailor

TheSailor Registered+

1210161052_HDR_crop_597x981.jpg

Threw in a small dual band LED. You can see how much red Im lacking...

Viparspectras seem great for veg. Flower? Eh, it works i guess. I shouldve been more patient and built my own.

• Like Like x 1
  11. OGiesel

OGiesel Registered+

Viparspectras are still better than my mars hydros lol

12. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

How far away are your lights?

13. TheSailor

TheSailor Registered+

About 20",

Its enough to let the two vipars spread to cover all of them

• Like Like x 1
  14. OGiesel

OGiesel Registered+

I have my led's pretty close and I don't even have my plants in bloom yet I'd say they're at about 16 inches at most, I'll measure it tomorrow to double check. you have the 300W vipars correct?

15. TheSailor

TheSailor Registered+

Yeah, 2 of em.

16. OGiesel

OGiesel Registered+

Just the two and that new little dual band you just put in?

17. TheSailor

TheSailor Registered+

Yeah lol, that little thing is 12w. I use it for cherry tomatatos.

• Like Like x 1
  18. OGiesel

OGiesel Registered+

Yeah I've seen that light pop up on amazon a couple times, apparently they sell like hot cakes lol. Works pretty good I'm guessing? are you placing the lights at that distance to get the most coverage on your canopy? also, have you gave it any thought as to which nutrient lineup you might switch to?

19. TheSailor

TheSailor Registered+

I mean for the price, its damn good. If i could go back, id just get the 600. You can control what leds are on and such.

My dream is to have a duolux 600, but jeez... That pricetag.

Correct, the lights share 2 plants each. Therefore the middle catches the angle of both so it doesnt get skimped.

It looks alot higher inthe pic, but its because im really tall.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. OGiesel

OGiesel Registered+

Tell me about it lol I opted to use mars hydros at the moment because I can get like 10 of those lights for the price of one high end unit. I just took the measurements of mine and my mars300's sit about 7&1/2 inches away from the canopy , while my mars600s sit exactly 12 inches away. a lot closer than I though. you wouldn't happen to know the par readings of the vipars would you?