Northern Lights

Discussion in 'Grow Log' started by TheSailor, Oct 21, 2016.

1. TheSailor

TheSailor Registered+

Guess i never gave a proper update on this lol...

Yeild was around 6.5oz dried and cured total. Wife loves it, i was worried during cure, thought the aroma would never change. However, after 2 weeks curing (boveda helped out alot) it smells very piney with a peppery herbal undertone. Fun experience, already 3 weeks into round 2, so hopefully it all goes well again. Heres a few pics

IMG_20170212_155837.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. DirtyBlueGene

DirtyBlueGene Registered+

Very nice, bro! Thanks for the update.

3. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Awesome!
    I forgot about this one lol, glad it turned out well.
    Buds look bomb. Nice yield.
    What was the total time from seed?

4. TheSailor

TheSailor Registered+

Thanks man, seeds in hand Oct 11-Jan 1st for the harvest of the first smaller plant. The others came down like Jan 10th. Lets call it 3 months lol.

5. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Damn good for only 90days, autos are great!

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheSailor

TheSailor Registered+

Round 2 coming to a close. Was gonna post a pic... Still can't. Sigh...

7. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Ya I had issue posting pictures long before all this shit happened. DBG told us about tinypic.com
    I've been using it for awhile now. It spits out the proper link you need, slap it in here and your good.
    Works well.

8. TheSailor

TheSailor Registered+

Lets see... [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Any update on these fine ladies?

10. TheSailor

TheSailor Registered+

All chopped down around 4/20. Ended up around 6oz dried and cures. I picked up some more seeds and better equipment. Those vipars are ok for 90 bucks... But 2 in a 4x4 is horrible lol. The buds seem dense until I chop them. Too fluffy, so I'm adding 400w of DIY cobs, seems like they are getting great reviews, im excited for the next go.

11. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Awesome haul!
    Ya I found that with the c99, nice big buds but not a whole lot there . The pink caddys are very dense and still sativa heavy strain. All about the strain.

What type of cobs are you going with?!
    I noticed a huge diffrrence in resin output going from the normal led lights to cobs. Mine are cheap ones but wow they can still do the job.
    Also what seeds did you go with?

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  12. TheSailor

TheSailor Registered+

Wagon, ill update this later with a reply, however I need some assistance by anyone that sees this. I wouldve posted in the problems section, but it seems I can't create a thread still.

I bought 2 1.5 cubic feet bags of FFOF, and I didn't realize until I popped my seeds that the soil is infested with mites. Attached is a photo, from my own research it looks to be "good" mites that eat bad ones and larvae etc.

[​IMG]

I've got 150 lady bugs on standby, ready to go to work, however I'm reconsidering getting rid of these guys if they are beneficial until whatever in the soil attracted them, is gone. They have yet to touch the seedlings, they just look icky and crawl around.

What do you guys and gals think? Release the lady's or keep these guys around?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  13. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

If they are a type of predator mite then I'd just let them do their thing. They will leave or die off when there's no food left.

14. TheSailor

TheSailor Registered+

That's what I was thinking... I hear the ladybugs can last 2 months with proper care, ill keep them handy until needed, or until the mites die off, ill let them out to clean up the dead bodies lol.

Anyways, I'm going with a timber grow light, 400w vero27 cobs. I also got a oscillating fan and 6" inline fan with filter. Should be all I need as long as I'm using a 4x4 tent at this point.

I've got all autos, after these I'm going to try photoperiod. Strains are Girl Scout Cookies, Amnesia Haze, Pineapple Express, "kush auto", white widow, toof decay, and sour hound. Wife's picks lol, I still cant smoke..,

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

Do they bite?
    Predator mite.

16. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Nice strain picks!
    Have you got the new equipment yet?

Ya that sucks not being able to partake yet growing boom all the while.

17. TheSailor

TheSailor Registered+

[​IMG]

Yup, as of today everything is in and ready to go. In still sketched out about those mites, they aren't touching the plants though! I do have 2 deformities lol.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Nice clean setup!
    Just started reading about your light.

Most common mites are the two spotted spider mites. You'd see white dots on the leaves and the little buggers on the underside. I'm dealing with them still, they managed to survive in the veg tent. The infestation is very light but still a pain.

All your plants looks healthy. Take a closer look for any damage. Hard to see from the pic but I don't see any

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017