Discussion in 'Grow Log' started by OGiesel, Oct 17, 2016.
Here's the girls
Here's some useful pics to give you guys some what of an idea of how I run my system.
Here's my reservior two airstones & the 50 micron filter to the ball valve to...... the pressure release valve to the pump! then too..... a t valve to the two 10 micron filters. from here the two lines hit each totes then t back together to the pressure release valve. I swapped out my two 3&1/2 gallon buckets and put in that 10 gal low profile tote that I was originally going to use for my reservior. I also installed a 363 gph inside that so instead of me having to lift up the totes a bit to get the buckets /tote out, I can now just plug in the pump when it's almost full & get all that shit outa there. Work smarter, not harder
Still figuring out a better solution for heat in the chambers. that damn plywood works great but its cramping my girls style I want something thats nice to look at
Spray her with some plastidip or flexseal unless you want to go with another material entirely.
I'm kinda leaning towards a totally different material, i just haven't really found anything better
Actually I just found the perfect stuff, it's real use is for a decks/roofing underlayment, but it will work perfect! it's a 1/4 inch thick foam board with mylar on one side. it's called R-Tech Fanfold Roofing Underlayment, I actually have a bunch of this at my shop!!! I'll bring home a sheet on minday and we'll see how it works out.
Here's this mornings pictures of the ladies!!!!
Got that fanfold in place the tent looks a whole lot better now, also I upgraded my reservior, instead of the 18 gallon, I now use a 30 gal. I've also purchased my very own 50gpd 4-stage ro system. No more trips to the water store!!!! I didn't get a chance to take any pics of the fanfold/the girls today , I'll get one tomorrow.
Here's some more pictures of the girls I took yesterday. nice to see the sites image uploader is back up and running
Nice, that's my next investment. I'm done lugging jugs around town.
Yeah me too, i only had 3 5gal jugs so it was a hassle. I couple weeks ago when I first started this grow, I had just came back from the water store and had mixed all my nutes. I blew it and added about 5ml of ph down on accident, dropped my ph to a 2.9 LOL & I didn't have any ph up so I had to dump all 15 gallons and go back to the water store the same day to fill up again, the lady behind the counter was so baffled lol "weren't you just here!?" haha I just replied, "you don't even want to know what happened ." felt like an idoit
Damn RO systems are not cheap.
I'm all for tap water. Next year I'll be using rain water.
Your setup has grown cooler everyday!
Thank you ! it is looking pretty sweet now I must say . I just took some pics today, I'll upload them in a bit.
& Yes most ro systems are very expensive but it you really don't need all those fancy "bells and whistles" that most systems come with. I opted for one of the most basic models and managed to pick it up for only $86. I just looked for a system that had a low flow rate i.e. 50 gallons per day, and aslo opted not to get a accumulator tank, which definitely saved me a good chunk of change. I almost bought a 3 stage 50gpd ro system for about 55 bucks, but the 4 stage version was only 30$ more so I got that instead.
Here's this mornings pics.
I did some more tucking today and also supercropped some of the big branches
Don't know why that last pick came out so dark purple. here's a before and after pic of the super cropping I did
Today's pic of the ladies
Yeah that looks alot better than the wood lol, also gonna reflect under the skirt well.
They look great, moving rather quickly id say over the past week.
Thanks, the fanfold is a whole lot better, cut down on weight and performs just as good, if not better than the plywood the plants have been doing great now that I've got my nutrients dialed in. I'm still figuring out the pump intervals . right now I have great growth, and good overall plant health but my roots are still lacking the "super fuzzys". Today I've lengthened my off time to 2:30 during the day and 3:00 at night, we'll see what that changes. also my RO system came today!!! I already have it up and running
As a result of me not being able to get the timer intervals dialed in, my roots have grown really long. they've both hit the bottoms of their totes and have actually started to spiderweb out in all directions and started to climb the walls of the tote . it looks pretty trippy lol
Separate names with a comma.