Okahoma State Question 768, Medical use of Cannabis.

Discussion in 'Activism' started by boaz, Jun 4, 2014.

1. boaz

boaz Registered+

BALLOT TITLE

This measure adds to the Oklahoma Constitution. Currently, marijuana is an illegal drug. The measure legalizes the licensed use, sale and growth of marijuana in Oklahoma. Such legalized action may nonetheless violate federal law.

No prescription is required for use. Rather, the State Department of Health must issue medical marijuana licenses allowing limited possession if:

. the applicant is 18 or over;
    . the applicant is an Oklahoma resident; and
    . an Oklahoma board-certified physician signs the application, certifying the applicant has a qualifying condition.

The measure lists 37 qualifying medical conditions, ranging from cancer to insomnia, and permits additional conditions.

User licenses are lifetime licenses, regardless of the continuing existence of the condition.

The Department also issues seller, grower, packaging, transportation and caregiver licenses.

Sellers, whether individuals or retail businesses, must meet minimal requirements to be licensed to sell marijuana to licensees. Among other requirements, sellers must:

. be 25 or over;
    . have a business plan;
    . be registered to conduct business in Oklahoma; and
    . show ability to invest $100,000 The punishment for unlicensed possession of permitted amounts of marijuana by persons stating they have a qualifying medical
    condition is a fine not exceeding $400.00.

A 7% tax is imposed on medical marijuana sales.

^ this is the title as suggested by the AG. I'm not sure what the final language will be, if it makes it to the ballot in November. Below is a link to the details. Approved State Question in Oklahoma must be enacted within 120 days of the vote and licenses must be issued in 2 weeks, so if this passes we could have dispensaries by next March. This measure allows all licensed users to grow 6 plants and posses 3 oz. and also would enact a decrim for those claiming medical status but have no license that would be a fine of $400. To grow for profit and sell to the dispensaries you need to show ability to invest $50,000 and submit monthly yield reports.

https://www.sos.ok.gov/documents/questions/768.pdf

2. boaz

boaz Registered+

BALLOT TITLE

This measure adds to the Oklahoma Constitution. Currently, marijuana is an illegal drug. The measure legalizes the licensed use, sale and growth of marijuana in Oklahoma. Such legalized action may nonetheless violate federal law.

No prescription is required for use. Rather, the State Department of Health must issue medical marijuana licenses allowing limited possession if:

. the applicant is 18 or over;
    . the applicant is an Oklahoma resident; and
    . an Oklahoma board-certified physician signs the application, certifying the applicant has a qualifying condition.

The measure lists 37 qualifying medical conditions, ranging from cancer to insomnia, and permits additional conditions.

User licenses are lifetime licenses, regardless of the continuing existence of the condition.

The Department also issues seller, grower, packaging, transportation and caregiver licenses.

Sellers, whether individuals or retail businesses, must meet minimal requirements to be licensed to sell marijuana to licensees. Among other requirements, sellers must:

. be 25 or over;
    . have a business plan;
    . be registered to conduct business in Oklahoma; and
    . show ability to invest $100,000

The punishment for unlicensed possession of permitted amounts of marijuana by persons stating they have a qualifying medical
    condition is a fine not exceeding $400.00.

A 7% tax is imposed on medical marijuana sales.

• Like Like x 2
  3. azcactus

azcactus Registered+

The campaign for medical is going well.The volunteers are on a 20 day, 20 city signature gathering tour right now. I hosted them in my home Monday night. They got their laundry caught up and a small amount of rest.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Skihigh

Skihigh Registered+

azcactus.......What are the numbers looking like?...Any ideas???

5. azcactus

azcactus Registered+

The numbers are really hard to get an estimate on. The collection sheets are all over Oklahoma. It'll be interesting to see what happens. One thing about it though, this baby (idea of legalizing cannabis) is out of the womb and it isn't going back.

6. boaz

boaz Registered+

If you are an Oklahoma voter and in Tulsa and have not signed the petition for medical use yet go down to 41st and Garnett right now. They have a booth set up taking signatures and maybe registering voters if you have not registered yet. Look for the giant "Don't Tread on Me" hemp flags. :greenthumb: There may be other booths in town and OKC, too, I'm not sure I just saw these guys a while ago.

God bless America
    :s4:

7. azcactus

azcactus Registered+

We are still busting our nuts on getting enough signatures on the petition. We need 160,000 but at this point I have no guess as to what the total, valid signature count is. The group does have a fb page at Oklahomans For Health. They have a go fund acct. if anyone has any desire to help get MMJ on the Oklahoma Ballot on 11-4-14. This would be a very large grab.

• Like Like x 2
  8. OK Farmer

OK Farmer Registered+

Thank you! i love the fb page, I guess they are setting up all over the state it looks like. I signed it a few months ago already. there is still time to register to vote in the Nov. election and sign this ballot and be a part of history.

one thing that I was thinking about is in the title the Oklahoma AG is suggesting this line.

"The measure legalizes the licensed use, sale and growth of marijuana in Oklahoma. Such legalized action may nonetheless violate federal law."

I'm not sure that is true anymore, I think congress finally passed a law that allows medical use regulated by the states. I'll have to check that, I think that is important. If 768 is actually in compliance with these new federal laws then that should be mentioned too or just strike this whole section about federal law. I've always predicted that Oklahoma voters would pass medical use as soon as the feds allowed states to do it. were not one's to rock the boat like California. :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. OK Farmer

OK Farmer Registered+

but thank you California for rocking the boat almost 20 years ago and dislodging the boulder.

• Like Like x 1
  10. azcactus

azcactus Registered+

Until cannabis gets rescheduled it will be illegal federally for anything. The federal gov't has loosened the reins though. Each regional DEA director really determines the amount of pressure and ignorance their field offices show about it.

• Like Like x 2