Oklahoma initiative would make a pot a legal, exportable cash crop.

Discussion in 'Activism' started by boaz, May 26, 2014.

1. boaz

boaz Registered+

• Like Like x 2
  2. someoldguy

someoldguy Registered+

...that is very good news, thanks for sharing it.

peace, SOG

• Like Like x 1
  3. emilya

emilya Future Dispensary Owner

IMHO, this will never happen. The Feds are going to swoop down on this so hard it will make heads spin. Kansas will no doubt set up Federal agricultural checkpoints to keep it out of their state, and I'm sure others will do so too. How are you going to ship it? The post office won't touch it. Truckers can't haul it. We don't have transporters yet.

• Like Like x 1
  4. boaz

boaz Registered+

That was my first thought too, emilya, it would be hard to claim no interstate commerce. But, on the other hand, Congress recently changed federal law to allow hemp farming, which I would think would involve interstate trade and commerce, too. And, Oklahoma and Colorado share a border, so no other state need be involved, it that makes any difference. I guess it depends on who is in the White House at the time.

We also have a medical only initiative collecting signatures. I will sign that one too when I see it.

5. boaz

boaz Registered+

we could ship it with drones .. :jointsmile:

• Like Like x 1
  6. tlranger

tlranger Registered+

Going to make them drones an even bigger target!

• Like Like x 2
  7. someoldguy

someoldguy Registered+

...in my opinion it doesn't matter if this is successful or not, or rather, it doesn't matter if this succeeds THIS time, but just the fact that the effort is being made is good news and shows how the tide of puplic opinion has already turned, now all we need to do is convince the corrupt politicians and the whores in the media.

...freedom is coming and i wouldn't be surprised to see Obozo reschedule mj in a last ditch effort to sway young people into believing he isn't a totally corrupt and incompetent fool, to try and capture 'the stoner vote', ...hopefully American stoners will see through his bs and that of his liberal cronies.

...big government isn't the solution to our problems, it is the cause of them, it is the government's jackbooted thugs at the DEA and all other policing agencies that i have lived in fear of my whole phucking life!

...anyway, free the weed!

peace, SOG

• Like Like x 3
  8. boaz

boaz Registered+

Oklahoma Pro-Medical Pot Group Launches Signature Drive

Oklahoma Pro-Medical Pot Group Launches Signature Drive
    Posted: May 28, 2014

25629664_BG2.jpg

The Tulsa-based group Oklahomans for Health kicked off its petition drive Wednesday, with a group of about 50 supporters.

OKLAHOMA CITY - A group seeking a statewide vote on whether to allow medicinal marijuana in Oklahoma is formally launching its signature drive with a rally at the state Capitol.

The Tulsa-based group Oklahomans for Health kicked off its petition drive Wednesday, with a group of about 50 supporters.
    They must gather signatures from more than 155,000 registered Oklahoma voters in order to have the issue placed on the November ballot.

If approved, marijuana would be classified as an herbal drug regulated by the Oklahoma State Department of Health. Doctors would be able to prescribe it for a variety of medical conditions.

Among those who attended Wednesday's rally were Democratic state Sen. Connie Johnson, a longtime advocate for medicinal marijuana who is running for U.S. Senate, and two pro-marijuana candidates for governor.

Oklahoma Pro-Medical Pot Group Launches Signature Drive - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

• Like Like x 1
  9. boaz

boaz Registered+

note: this above story incorrectly states that doctors would be able to "prescribe" cannabis, the actual state question correctly states "under a physician’s guidance".

Ballot title

The proposed ballot title reads as follows:

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="align: left"] “ [/TD]
    [TD]This measure adds a new Article to the Oklahoma Constitution, Article 31, sections 1.A to 1.E. It allows for the classification of marijuana as a herbal drug regulated by the Oklahoma State Department of Health and permits the use of marijuana, under a physician’s guidance, for certain medical conditions including cancer, HIV, AIDS, hepatitis C, MS, and other conditions. It allows for the sale of marijuana to licensed patients by licensed dispensaries, it allows for the growth of marijuana for sale to licensed dispensaries by licensed growers. It permits licensed and unlicensed patients to assert medical reasons for using marijuana as a defense to any prosecution involving marijuana.

SHALL THE PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE CONSTITUTION BE APPROVED?

_X_ Yes - For the proposition

___ No - Against the proposition
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

• Like Like x 2
  10. boaz

boaz Registered+

11. boaz

boaz Registered+

12. Skihigh

Skihigh Registered+

The tide will turn on election day 2016....If a candidate is against MMJ...or legalizing...they ain't gonna get elected....all WE gotta do is hit the polling booths come November!!!!!!! We are the majority now......:D

• Like Like x 2
  13. boaz

boaz Registered+

I've got voting registration card and can't wait wait to use it in November. I have a feeling there may be a big turnout. :jointsmile:

• Like Like x 1
  14. David Davis

David Davis Banned

Hey, brotha, I think we should believe in the best! Maybe I'm wearing pink glasses......or green (hahahaha), but I believe that legalize will be over the globe any time soon.

15. David Davis

David Davis Banned

We can conratulate Oklahoma for being in the action!

• Like Like x 1
  16. boaz

boaz Registered+

Cannabis loves that red dirt of southern Oklahoma from what I've heard, some of the best bud anywhere. It would be nice if we could grow some crops here legally.

• Like Like x 1
  17. boaz

boaz Registered+

The Oklahoma Congress should issue an emergency order to allow growing now if one if these initiatives makes it to the ballots so we can start growing the supply that will be in demand next March if approved. unless it falls like manna from heaven next February .. :jointsmile:

:s4:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Skihigh

Skihigh Registered+

I remember back in the early '80's when weed was OK's #1 cash crop....About the time Willie Nelson got FarmAid going...A couple more years and it might be the #1 LEGAL cash crop!!!
    :D

• Like Like x 1
  19. someoldguy

someoldguy Registered+

...yeah, right now we need to band together to save the country, and that means electing whatever candidate is NOT a Dimmocrat, ...after 8 years of this lieing Obozo i doubt this contry will survive another moronic Dimmocrat, God forbid we should end up with that Hillary creature!

...and frankly it doesn't matter whether the next president is for or against mj, this cat has already been let way to far out of the bag for the American people to allow some lieing politician to stuff it back in, freedom is coming and there ain't nothing they can do to stop it!

SOG

• Like Like x 2