Old time, exotic cannabis product

Discussion in 'CANNABIS.COM Lounge' started by Shovelhandle, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Shovelhandle

Shovelhandle Registered+

Over the 40+ years of enjoying herb and herb products there have been a few exotic ones. I was spacing about one today. Maybe it's common someplace or maybe it's a friggin laugh riot when I tell ya, but...whatever.

Black African Gunji. A pot product that is cured buried in the ground. Black, very pungent and earthy.

Anyone remember or know of this stuff still? I remember many, many others as well.

Shovelhandle

Last edited: Nov 24, 2006
  2. Skink

Skink Registered+

I have never heard of it in all my 49 years,not even a form of it with a diff name... Sounds good tho!...

3. Samwhore

Samwhore Registered+

that sounds so cool, especially if its black

4. Breukelen advocaat

Breukelen advocaat Registered+

Yes! It was around in New York City in the early 1970's - for a hundred an ounce, which was about the most expensive pot there was in those days.

I have mentioned it several times in postings here. I always thought that it was, as it's name suggests "African", but I have seen references (elswhere on the internet) to it as actually being from India.

Wherever it was from, it was great stuff. Even though it's been almost 35 years since I last had any, I'd guess that it was pure Indica.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2006
  5. Shovelhandle

Shovelhandle Registered+

cool, geezers!

ty for the replies.

Shov

6. frog1

frog1 Registered

not weed but hass when i was in the serivs

7. Skink

Skink Registered+

That is why I have not heard of it,,,little before my time...

8. Jay Matix

Jay Matix Registered+

niiiice.

9. RedLocks

RedLocks Registered+

10. KiEfBoyjBm

KiEfBoyjBm Registered+

I think your referring to kief...it looks a bit like brown sugar and is about as close as stoners are ever going to get to pure thc.

11. fasterspider

fasterspider Registered+

I never heard of the Gunji but I smoked Black African Ganja buds though with these Rastas back on Long Island where I grew up back in the early 80s. That shit was Da Bomb, some real wheel chair weed. The weed was such a dark green that it looked black and it got you HIGH AS A MOTHER FUCKER:Rasta:

12. Breukelen advocaat

Breukelen advocaat Registered+

The Black African Gunji we used to get in NYC was very compressed. A weighed ounce looked like much less, but it went a very long way. I remember that we used small amounts of it in pipes, and this was when most stuff was rolled into joints; Pipes were usually reserved for hash.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2006
  13. hipEstoner

hipEstoner Registered+

so its black weed?, i got some bud yesterday, it was a fat bud, and it was brownish black, and that shit went flat in my wallet, but i bong hit fucked me up,

14. RedLocks

RedLocks Registered+

heh the stuff I had been talkin about came from uptown, maybe it is making a comeback? never even heard of this before, I'm not that old ;)

15. graph

graph Registered+

Yeah, I have heard of it actually, at least I'm pretty sure we're talking about the same thing.

Buds are wrapped in leaves, doused in rum, then left in the ground for a few months under the sun? It comes out nice and condense. Yeah, pretty exotic.

Billionfold, the only "pure" thc I've ever used was in liquid form, and you'd put it in food or drinks. I think one time I saw it as a brown powder that was used the same way, but don't quote me on that.

16. NightProwler

NightProwler Registered+

well two octobers ago i bought some stuff called "black afgani" the buds were real heavy and the colors ranged from lightbrown to black. that stuff was good too, made my halloween great!

17. KiEfBoyjBm

KiEfBoyjBm Registered+

Interesting, sounds like the holy grail of cannabis...I would not mind climbing the floor if it tilted. lol

18. Rockywood

Rockywood Registered

Black African Gonji...I remember it well my friend. 1970 Madison WI. 1/2 once came our way and 3 friends at night under the stars split 1 pin joint. Trip total with visual. So I remember a memorial vintage. I always wondered after it. Never again I recon. Thanks back from the Family.