Opening your third eye

Discussion in 'Spirituality' started by P.E.N.G.U.I.N., Jan 4, 2006.

1. P.E.N.G.U.I.N.

P.E.N.G.U.I.N. Registered+

Hey everybody. I'm looking for info here for once. What is your third eye? What are the advantages of having it open???

And, how the hell do you open it???

Please help, guys.

Thanks,

P.E.N.G.U.I.N.

2. harmonicminor

harmonicminor Registered+

go do some salvia 10x extract and you will see :)

3. dopesmoker

dopesmoker Registered+

lol or meditate....its basically the thing that gives you visions with closed eyes

4. Stoner Shadow Wolf

Stoner Shadow Wolf Registered+

the third eye is primarily your astral and etheric sight, you can gain clairvoyance and/or remote viewing with the opening of your third eye.

the general idea is to send energy upward to your third eye, located in the center of your forehead, between your eyes, and above the nose.

the color of energy associated with the third eye is white.

it is always best to open your chakras from the bottop and work your way, one at a time, up to the next chakra.

there are supposedly 7 major chakras.

i feel 6.

you can take the solar plexus chakra for what you will, but i dont think it's either real or important.

the chakras are:

Root, at the bottom of the spine between your anus and gonads. color of energy: RED
    spleen, below the bellybutton. Color of energy: orange-yellow
    (solar plexus next to the heart) yellow
    Heart, center of your chest, but i've heard it is a wandering chakra... i think it accounts for your ribcage as well as spine. color of energy: GREEN
    thyroid, throat chakra at base of neck. color of energy: BLUE
    Crown, base of skull (accounts for your brain, technically it is the last chakra.) Color of Energy: Purple/violet
    and Third Eye, as mentioned before, above your nose, between your eyes, associated with white energy.

unused energy is black/colorless.

to extract energy from your roots, you can use breathing techniques and meditation, and concentrate on picturing hands inside you, pulling the energy up from your toes and feet, into your root gate chakra/gland, and as it courses from each gate, it fluxuates color to match that gate's needs.

you see the energy come in with each inhale, and you must picture the excess energy flowing out with each breath, as a murkey colorless black.

if your chakras ever become overactive, you can eat and/or exerscise to help close them.

hope that was helpful :)

beachguy in thongs likes this.
  5. esrabalamir

esrabalamir Banned

yes, you must be natural. if your feelings are open enough; u don't need any drug or meditation for it
    but if your feelings are totally closed,.. you always encounter tons of questions and/or look for to "the real answer" in the life

6. RastaKaze

RastaKaze Registered+

esra is right, although in shamanic tradition entheogens and psychadelics are used widely as the "training wheels" for shamanic vision quests. with alot of practice, you will be able to produce an ecstatic visionary state without the use of any drugs (like me :)). Basically it is like learning to tune your brain like a radio, lowering or increasing the frequency at will, tapping into different levels of your existence.

7. Euphoric

Euphoric Registered+

I think that someone who uses hallucinogens for these spiritual purposes will have more success and the end result will be more powerful than someone who tries this "clean".
    Think of hallucinogens as spiritual fuel or food. They are tools. Yes, you can reach a higher conciousness without them but not as efficiently. It's about reaching the destination. You can travel the road without help but you'll arrive there weary, weak and late.

beachguy in thongs likes this.
  8. RastaKaze

RastaKaze Registered+

^^ exactly why shamans train with them :thumbsup:

9. P.E.N.G.U.I.N.

Last night I tried opening my third eye. I was laying in bed, for once NOT high before going to sleep, and I closed my eyes and focused them like they were looking at the Third Eye, and then I started paying lots of attention to what I felt in the area where my Third Eye is (I've heard that the Third Eye thrives off of attention). I found that when I was doing it, my mind would wander and I'd start imagining things vividly (nothing new), but I was completely still (I'm very hyperactive), and my eyes remained focused and the only physical sensation I had was right there on my forehead (and the strange feeling of having your eyes focused on something way close).

This went on for a few minutes (or a few hours, time was lost to me) but then all of a sudden I felt like a rush of feeling right around my Third Eye. I mean, a rush like it was so intense it made my head shake. I think I blacked out after that and fell asleep because that's my last memory before waking up.

What do y'all think?

10. Euphoric

Euphoric Registered+

The third eye can see beyond the physical

Heres some interesting reading. Its got pictures for you over active ADD types :)

Astral travel, and other occult abilities, are closely associated with the development of the 'light in the head'. After physical relaxation, concentration upon the pineal gland is achieved by staring at a point in the middle of the forehead. Without straining the muscles of the eye, this will activate the pineal gland and the 'third eye'. Beginning with the withdrawal of the senses and the physical consciousness, the consciousness is centered in the region of the pineal gland. The perceptive faculty and the point of realization are centralized in the area between the middle of the forehead and the pineal gland. The trick is to visualize, very intently, the subtle body escaping through the trap door of the brain. A popping sound may occur at the time separation of the astral body in the area of the pineal gland.

edit: interestingly enough, in shamanism the Penguin is strongly associated with astral travel --> http://www.geocities.com/~animalspirits/index14.html

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2006
  11. CocaCola

CocaCola Banned

What you're trying to do is see the big picture... See the world through one eye in the center of your head. Focus on the center of your two eyes and meld them as one collective eye, with a full "widescreen" perspective, looking at what you're seeing as a backdrop and looking past it. Chant OM and let the vibrations flow to your third eye, while using your hands to channel the energy there as well... picture your eye opening...

12. Nullific

Nullific Banned

The "third eye" is the pineal gland, very small gland located in the center of the brain. It produces melatonin and is speculated to produce DMT.

1 person likes this.
  13. P.E.N.G.U.I.N.

I'm looking for a spiritual answer, not a scientific one. Besides, I wasn't talking about a physical third eye, I was talking about the metaphysical one. The 6th chakra, ya know. Not the gland in my brain that produces the most psychoactive chemical known to man.

14. RastaKaze

RastaKaze Registered+

Penguin, get on AIM I know what you are looking for...

15. Nullific

Nullific Banned

But how interesting would it be for a hallucinogen inducing profound metaphysical experiences like DMT, be produced endogenously in the center of the brain or physical third eye?
    This is were hallucinogens, spirituality and maybe even a little bit of science combine.

16. Stoner Shadow Wolf

Stoner Shadow Wolf Registered+

the third eye has a perspective like no other.

a 360 degree line of sight. i cant even begin to immagine that :(

17. P.E.N.G.U.I.N.

You can't imagine what you haven't experienced.

Scientists are working on an eye implant that would give us the ability to see colors we don't even know about. There's no way to imagine those colors...well...because we don't know they exist yet.

18. RastaKaze

RastaKaze Registered+

19. friendowl

friendowl Registered+

last night i was rubbing my third eye and all this white stuff came out

20. harmonicminor

harmonicminor Registered+

you mean your brown eye??? hehe just kidding
    did you ever hear of trepanation?? they cut a hole in your skull to open your third eye. no thanks for me
    but heres some info from Jane Roberts "Seth material"
    when your soul leaves your body you will have 360 degree vision not only left and right but up and down and all around. sight is very different in true soul form. most astral travellers use only memory of regular eye vision because they cant comprehend 360. also the true sould form is more like a gas cloud than a body and many of the senses we use here arent needed on the other side.