Orange bud cfl+led hydro

Discussion in 'Grow Log' started by Wagonweed, May 11, 2016.

1. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Day 0
    Just finished this quick and dirty setup. Popped two orange bud fem seeds in some peat cones. They are in 4" net pots with hydrocorn. 11l tote. The pots sit an inch or so in the water. One 5" air stone.
    I think I'll toss some foil on the cardboard.
    I also need to get a timer. Going to put them on 18/6.
    Plan is to veg these until my haze is done in the tent, then toss them in.
    Now we wait until they sprout.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Both seeds now have a tap root. Took about 1.5 days.
    I took out some bulbs as seedlings won't need that much light for a little bit.

3. Dutch Pimp

Dutch Pimp Up in Smoke

Good Luck with Orange Bud. :thumbsupold:

It's one of my favorite strains. I grow Nirvana Cali Orange Bud.
    It seems to do best with a long cure....creeper weed.:welcoming:

4. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Thanks Dutch, I am looking forward to it. Sounded like a tasty strain to try out.
    I'm now looking at what to start next in 6 weeks. I want a super head high sativa or hybrid.

5. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Alright it's been one week. The left seedling started to push itself up out of the peat instead of growing the root downwards. So I had to reseat it. The right one took off fast and strong.

Side note, new seeds ordered. The big two are C99 & Tutankhamon! Gonna need more lights ha.
    I'm giving my self a couple months to make a perpetual system.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Well I managed to burn them good. Waited 2weeks gave 1ml gmb in about 8l water, guess should of did .25ml
    They are recovering now, tomorrow is day 21.
    PhotoGrid_1464888239949.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. shelton abbey

shelton abbey Registered+

trial and error mate ,,good luck

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

They are coming along slowly. On their 5th and 4th set of leaves, but are very short. Stunted a bit from the early burn. It's already been 30days. Now in the tent under the 300w led. Hoping in the next 2 weeks they exploded a bit, wanted to flip at 45 days but I'll just see how they go. Friends want clones so need some more growth first. I put a smaller fan in and aimed it at the led, temps have dropped big. Still lots of air moving everyone around.
    Also in the tent is cheese auto and quarterpounder auto.

IMAG0219.jpg

9. DirtyBlueGene

DirtyBlueGene Registered+

They'll need to put some meat on dem bones before the flip, bro. Hopefully they get into gear soon. :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Haha ya absolutely. When friends said clones I laughed as they are the size of a cutting themselves.

All in time.

But two things , 1. both times I started I burned them. 2. Was also told the led is keeping them short because it's too close, which I did do both times starting out.

So sure the burn slowed them down but I'm thinking led is probably too close even if it's not causing any physical damage.
    Sounds right?

11. redtails

redtails Registered+

Doesn't look that close but you definitely have plenty of room to move it up and check.

12. DirtyBlueGene

13. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

I raised it a fair bit. At least 2'.

To clarify I was meaning the led keeps the node spacing tight or tighter then other light sources.

They are healthy now so I hit them with a small dose of nutes. The autos in the pots are growing great, haven't had to do a thing to them. Soil sure seems to be a lot less maintenance and monitoring then hydro.

• Like Like x 1
  14. DirtyBlueGene

Yes, that has been my experience too, at least in the early stages until the plants get their legs and wanna run. I apologize for messing up my previous reply by somehow inserting it within the quote. :rolleyes: :jointsmiley:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

So here's where we are now. The Cheese auto has preflowers now.
    IMAG0358_1.jpg

Also few days ago my fucking led light died. Company is taking the long way of replacing it by sending me a part that I know won't fix it. Okay sure I said, don't think it's that as it was on and working plus the lights on a timer and I don't use the switch but sure it's the switch.
    Good thing I put the ag panel in there before so at least they will keep growing until my light gets sorted out.

16. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Mixed news. The switch came for the light today and it fucking worked!!
    However while putting it back in the cord fell on an orange bud, was harmless but then I seen this and not sure what the hell it is. If it's calcium deposit or some fungus. I had some of this on the haze peat pod I grew from( saw after harvest), but it was like 5% of what's here on these ones. The plants are healthy and growing but are very slow. The soil ones are perfect.
    IMAG0391.jpg IMAG0390.jpg

Attached Files:

17. raymont

raymont Registered+

Are you giving them nutes? could be salt build up...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

No, hardly gave it any. I have heard back from few people I know, one said has same shit and it's some fungus but hasn't seen any ill affects. I have also seen nothing wrong with them also. I'll relax for now. Stoked my light is working again.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

So I ended up taking the OB and putting them in soil. Something was wrong with the hydro setup, they were extremely stunted, 5" max at 60days lol. So now both are recovering well. One that was transplanted earlier is fully recovered and is super bushy. Gonna cut some clones off it soon so I don't lose the strain if I like it.

The two auto flowers are growing great, they are 41 days from seed.

Pics soon!

20. shelton abbey

shelton abbey Registered+

Shit that sucks that dwc didnt work out for you..any idea wat the problem was ?