Orange bud cfl+led hydro

Discussion in 'Grow Log' started by Wagonweed, May 11, 2016.

1. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Start of week 4
    It's all moving super smooth right now. No burn from nutes or light. I'm happy with soil right now, I think I'll stick with it for a few more runs before I consider changing mediums.
    IMAG1084_1.jpg

5 weeks to go puts harvest mid to late Oct.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Start of week 5
    Not much of a change except the smell. More of a citrus note in the air, it's awesome. Should slowly intensify!
    Trying not to cut as many fans off as with earlier plants I grew.
    IMAG1110_1.jpg

Here's the clones slowly vegging. Lst going well.
    IMAG1111_1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  3. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

I raised the plants a few inches closer to the lights. Feeling happens every second or third water. Still growing awesome with my 90f tent temp. I was originally thinking the yield would be not great but they have really started to phatten up!

Ah wasn't ready to post yet oops. I'll put pics tomorrow

4. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Start of week 6
    IMAG1133_1_1.jpg
    IMAG1132_1.jpg

For some reason I can't get the other pic added.

This whole grow the high was constant 90f lights on. So after this run I'll redo my exhaust setup. I figure I am losing some yield as those temps are certainly not optimum. The OB is still doing well regardless of temp.

The qp auto is really nice after about 3 weeks in jars. Don't have a whole lot left but I can notice the difference the longer they have been curing each week.
    The smell is awesome too which is great since last bud I grew didn't keep any strong scent. Taste is smooth and earthy, smooth because I did a much better job at trimming and curing.
    Progress is it's own reward then you get to smoke it!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

PhotoGrid_1473618825969_1.jpg
    Week 5 top Week 6 bottom

Best I could do is a comparison shot.

• Like Like x 3
  6. shelton abbey

shelton abbey Registered+

definitly starting to swell up nicely :thumbsup:,,as harvest nears "as in the last two weeks or so" i start kinda defoliating ,until when time for the chop theres only few left , not a few as in a dozen but you now what i mean bare minimum

7. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Ya I haven't had much time to trim over the last week or so. She's bushy. Hopefully by Sunday I'll get in there and expose some more buds to the light.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

IMAG1148_1.jpg

Would you go as far as cleaning up those tips or leave them alone.

• Like Like x 1
  9. shelton abbey

the colas themselves seem ok well that one does anyway,,id concentrate on the bigger fan leaves that are blocking light,,,nice pic btw

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Removed couple handfuls of the fans yesterday. Haven't looked at them today but should be doing nicely, they also had a heavier feed.

I'm building a grow tent so I can have two going.
    Today went to the hydro store and bought some supplies for the next round.
    Big roll of black/white poly.
    50l coco and bag of perlite
    6 5gal pots
    6 1 gal pots

Building the frame in the next couple days. Looking up what light I want to get.

• Like Like x 2
  11. OGiesel

OGiesel Registered+

What are the dimensions of your tent?
    And you're no longer doing any hydro?

12. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

It will be roughly 4x3x4. I'm not done with hydro yet, I'll be giving it another go in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

IMAG1176_1.jpg
    Quick shot of the wip

• Like Like x 3
  14. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

I've been looking at doing a diy cob array but the chips everyone recommends are over $90 each, making it much more money then cheap Chinese leds.
    I was gonna get two panels for the new box, then thought it would be better to build something but doesn't seem to be the case.

15. OGiesel

OGiesel Registered+

What's you're price range? And yeah I came to the same conclusion, if you want to get your hands on some really high quality led's, your better off buying them.,
    What are your currently running?

16. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

I'd like to build a 200watt actual draw panel for $100.
    Still researching parts to see if I can do it.

17. OGiesel

OGiesel Registered+

I see, I wanted to build one but I don't have the time / knowledge to, so I'm just going to take the lazy man's route and take it in the shorts financially hahah, 200w nice, it would be a pretty good size for that tent, depending on how you build your light

18. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Well I can say 200w for a $100 is not realistic diy lol, research has conclude. Cob chips are not cheap for anything good.
    I looked at what's here in Canada, just a good driver is a 100. Doesn't seem like I can make what I want for even $200.

Too bad I can't order this roleadro 400watt Cob it's on sale $100, but they don't ship here.

19. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Start of week 7 but no pics, site keeps saying to big when they are not even 2mb. FFS.

20. shelton abbey

load them onto photobucket and copy the img and paste it in your text here:thumbsup: