PAX2 Vaporizer Pass Your Drug Test

Orange Hairs/Identifying Good Weed

Discussion in 'CANNABIS.COM Lounge' started by The Trickster, Jun 15, 2006.

1. The Trickster

The Trickster Registered+

Hey all, was wondering if you could help me out, I'm tryin to educate myself on weed as best I can because they're zero honest dealers around here, they all cross you in a second if it means more money. I recently bought a quarter of some green from a new guy, my second time buying from em. The stuff was covered in orange, so I assumed great bud. Well it turns out that this stuff's no good, I saw very little crystal on it as I broke it up, and it took me about 3 and a half bowls to be done, and one bowl is usually enough for me of the mids I got. So basically I got ripped off from him selling me crap as KB. SOOOOO how exactly can I identify good weed, does all KB have crystal? And what exactly does orange hairs meen, are they THC producing glands, are they more potent that the green part of the bud, or what?

Also, this stuff seems very indica dominant, dark green, lotsa orange. People say that indica gives more of a body high than a brain high, but I like smoking till im buzzing so hard I cant talk, was I expecting too much from an Indica and missed out on some of the body high or what?

2. wordddddd

wordddddd Registered+

Ha. sucks. the hardest part is identifying the KB or beasters. those are the stanard weeds that dealers who want money push.

i remember when i didnt know so ill help you out...beasters tend to be average looking...some green, a good amount of orange hairs, really fluffy and kind of moist. theyre standard.

easy answer to good weed: lots of crystals. the more crystals the better. as far as orange hairs vs. green weed, usually the orange hairs are a sign that the bud didnt develop fully, but im holding in my hand some haze that RULES and it still has some red hairs on it, so it doesnt really matter. lime green and crystal COATED is always a good sign....look for small (about the size of keyboard keys) crystal COVERED weed...thats the good stuff. other than that, smoke it and find out hahaha

3. The Trickster

yea, that sounds right, considering this stuff was damp and I had to set it in the sun to dry it out before I wanted to smoke it, thanks a bunch though man, so a bud absolutely covered in orange hairs had potential but was picked too early, right?

4. Psychonaut28

Psychonaut28 Registered+

Alls orange hair are are the pistels that were white when it was chopped, so if it was chopped when all the (or most of) the pistels were white, it was chopped early. hope that makes sinse.

5. m.g.

m.g. Banned

drying in sunlight is never good...it's best to dry in a dark closet and for a little quicker dry open both closet doors a bit so air flows through (or put inside a paper sack and close for 24 hours for an even quicker natural dry). you shouldn't see much color change until after curing but a simple air dry shouldn't have much change.

6. notrightquite

notrightquite Registered+

That sounds like it may have been great weed ... that was already used for making bubble hash ... haha, which I've baught once. It sucked.

7. orangeman

orangeman Banned

The orange hairs are just the pistils that are meant for catching pollen so of course it would have trichomes on them because pollen needs to stick to the pistils when the pistils retract back and produce a seed or w/e but when you get bud just look at it in the sun, it's the best light for looking at bud. When you turn it at different angles you should see the bud sparkle a bit. Also if you dont have alot of those pistils (orange hairs) dont worry, trichomes also develop on the bud's so those can get you high as well. I hope this helps you out, and if you continue to get weed that does nothing to you then go to some one else.

Also drying in sun destroys the trichomes thus making it less potent so you shouldnt do this :p.

• Like Like x 1
  8. You cant always judge weed by its look...

Ive had some schwagg lookin bud but it turned out to be blueberry or atleast had a blueberry flavor

Dont judge a book by its cover. Buy it, test it, if its shit, dont buy it again...

9. orangeman

orangeman Banned

Yeah, thats what I was basically trying to say lol.

10. Jay Matix

Jay Matix Registered+

Yea you really can't tell just by looks

you gotta smell it (smells potent then usually its good)
    touch (get a very small leave and rub it, if it's sticky it has high THC which is really good)
    smoke it (this is the best way)

11. orangeman

orangeman Banned

Lol usually I dont have to rub it, when I break it up my thumb usually gets a hold of the bud and when it releases from my thumbs you can feel what was stickiness, I love that shit lol.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2006
  12. Jay Matix

Jay Matix Registered+

haha yea same here. sitckiness is great. and you know ur gonna get super faded when it's real sticky

13. rainbows.rsexy

rainbows.rsexy Registered

ya gotta actually try vap/smoke the bud.....

ice bud is some of the most obviously tric'd bud, but it is still not as potent as white idow or white russian.

the orange hair's purpose is to collect pollen from male plants.

The trics (mushroom looking sacks) are what contain the largest percentage of thc. they usually are clear to white looking and appear as "frost" on many strains of bud from around foot away

get a magnifying glass and you'll see the "shroom"

CLICK THE IMAGE TO SEE WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!

Attached Files:

14. The Trickster

Thanks a bunch for the info dudez, How much do you think the sunlight destroys thc? And the bud I usually get is pretty sticky. But quick question on the comparisson of indica to sativa, I thought that the indica weeds didnt get as many trichomes on them, is that true? And if so, does that meen its less potent. I remember reading that indica gets more canabinoids. How much of your high is determined from the other canabinoids sides thc?

15. orangeman

orangeman Banned

The actual name for the head that contains the THC and shit is called the capitated-stalk..thats the correct term for the head that looks like a mushroom on that makes up part of the trichome gland.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2006
  16. rainbows.rsexy

rainbows.rsexy Registered

I don't know about sunlight

indica supposedly has larger trics....I found this out because one of those bubble bag companies recommended the larger mesh size for indicas

the only other cannaboids that I have read about have the effect of causing couch lock

more common in idicas as opposed to sativas.

17. Heres a classic example of some bud that you cant judge on looks. It looks like just some regs but it blew me away with a creeper high...

gotta smoke the shit to be sure...

Attached Files:

18. minnesota man

minnesota man Registered+

That's great. I found my new background image. I can smell it!

Nice new av rainbows.rsexy

Last edited: Jun 16, 2006
  19. 6 grams of some creeper, Id give it at 7/10

Attached Files:

20. minnesota man

minnesota man Registered+

HT, I'm kind of freakin. Wanna play some fuggin chess.

Turtle Shell...I;m havin a ciggy

Last edited: Jun 17, 2006