PAX2 Vaporizer

Other Heat Plants

Discussion in 'Outdoor Growing' started by Sacratez, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Sacratez

Sacratez Registered

I understand that plants will generate enough heat to be spotted by infared. What other plants may do the same? Such as Corn? Sunflowers or?

I am only talking about 4-8 plants spread out.

Thanks

2. texas grass

texas grass Registered+

where did you hear this?

i dont think so

maybe used infared to see grow setups with hid lighting.

theres no way to see plants unless you physically see the plants growing, or maybe smell it

3. Sacratez

Sacratez Registered

Cool

Thanks

4. vcrewgambit

vcrewgambit Registered

*buzz*

Cannabis plants do give off a different heat signal than other plants. Granted, outdoor grows aren't found via infared as much as indoor grows, but it is done, and it is a danger for lare scale grows. But if you're only growing a few plants, if you space them out nicely, I wouldn't worry about it.

And word from the growers is that cedar trees give off a similar heat signal, and those can be used as protection from choppers. I think it's cedar trees, anyway. :p

5. jsn9333

jsn9333 Registered+

Infrared is used to detect large grow houses or large outdoor fields. Large grow houses give a lot of heat from the lights, and large grow fields show up at a certain frequency because cannabis has a very unique heat signature... a very hot one, actually.

If your growing less then 10 I wouldn't worry about it. Just try to blend your plants in with the natural environment and you should be fine unless a hunter stumbles up on them or something like that. Don't worry about.

I worry too much, to be honest. I actually bought a motion sensitive camera (the kind that game hunters use) to give me peace of mind. I have it on a tree overlooking my grow. If anything steps in the area it snaps a shot of them and keeps it on a memory card, day or night (infrared flash for no visibility). I have a lock on it so no one can mess with it and erase the evidence. I get pics of deer and rabbits all the time. If I ever see a person in my grow spot... then I know not to ever go back.

Plus I can always check the memory card before I do work on my plants, so the worst evidence against me if someone is staking the plants out is that I had a camera in the area. Like I said though, I worry to much. Cops (in my state at least) just trash your plants if they find them...

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008