Outdoor grow. Blue dream strain. 4 weeks into flowering. Yellowing brown tipped leaves (help)

Discussion in 'Outdoor Growing' started by daniel benhaim, Sep 13, 2016.

1. daniel benhaim

daniel benhaim Registered

Hi everyone ;)

I'm a newbie to the forum but I've lurked for help from past threads and wanted to thank everyone for their applied experiences and input into the forums.

I am about 4-5 weeks into flowering with this blue dream strain. I have had a few issues during veg growth With nute deficiencies and yellowing leaves. But now during flowering I am noticing these yellow / browning leaves. And wondering if I should leave it be or prune them . Also. If anyone takes a look at these photos. How's my bud formation doing? They smell like their namesake. A dream. When the breeze wafts the aroma it's really beautiful ;)

Thanks for your help
    image.jpeg image.jpeg

2. daniel benhaim

Anyone ? Crickets playing a Lonely violin concierto over here :/

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Dutch Pimp

Dutch Pimp Up in Smoke

Yellow leaves at the bottom of flowering plant is fairly common. No big deal, but, next time put a pinch of blood meal in the hole.

4. daniel benhaim

Can I still do that now ?

5. Dutch Pimp

Dutch Pimp Up in Smoke

It probably wouldn't have time to break down as nutrient?...but it can't hurt.

Old leaves are old news. The plant will discard them. Yellow leaves means the plant is sucking the nitrogen out of them.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  6. A Gilmore

A Gilmore Registered+

Looks fairly normal, dont panic, the plant is now putting energy into flowers, i prefer to remove the yellowing leaves, so the plant, doesnt have to support them, but its now time for ferts , high in, Phosphorus & Potassium P & K & lower in Nitrogen N,............Theres plenty of products , such as any Bloom Boosters , or Fruit & Flower products , a NPK ratio would be sumthing like 12-8-25 , i use the ones you buy in any garden shop or hardware, i just cant see the sence in paying 4 times the amount, from a hydro shop, which has the same actives, just because theres a pic of a Canna leaf on the bottle, but thats just my opinion,

Good Luck