Outdoor Growing in Ireland

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by kully, Apr 14, 2007.

1. RonnieJamesDio

RonnieJamesDio Registered+

Harvest Time

Welcome to my nightmare

Its not as bad as I originally thought! I harvested last night getting a batch of good bud (on the black tray) and then a batch of bud that had the infected parts trimmed off(white tray).Don't know if the rot will take over during drying?I've them drying out in the attic I suppose time will tell?

Attached Files:

2. tontozboy

tontozboy Registered

take all the stuff with rot and turn it in to hash. keep it away from the good stuff so that the spores (?) dont go near it and ruin it, also what strain ,looks nice.

3. axlcinema

axlcinema Registered+

How much bud do you think u got in the end ? You growing again ?

4. RonnieJamesDio

RonnieJamesDio Registered+

I've done that tontozboy the good stuff is in the attic and the other dirt is in a press.They were White widow.Dryed some out in the microwave its harsh but a nice heady high.

Totally disgusted at being forced into an early harvest.Will weigh when fully dried.Probably gonna give it a go again next year pick up on what I've learned and strive to do better maybe invest in a glass house!

5. outdoorgrower

outdoorgrower Registered

hey folks first time on the site, have two plants outdoors about 2months now there about 5 foot tall but there getting eat,can someone tell me a bug spray or what do i do.

6. axlcinema

axlcinema Registered+

Go to your local grow shop and ask for some pesticide.

7. indicadyl

indicadyl Registered+

iv used miracle grow patio for vegatating and that bloom stuff you can buy in capel st for flowering used ruderalis indica and sensi skunk got ten seeds in each packet and have got atleast 5 females from each packet nice smoke too. think the shop is called NIRVANA they have the best strains the sensi strains are by far the best to grow with natural light in ireland ul need at some point tho u can also buy them in nirvana or a shop across the road and up a lane sells all the lights and nutrients for plants cloning gel etc.

8. indicadyl

indicadyl Registered+

your plants are fucked best bet is to not let them get infested in the first place its to much work cleaning them up

9. indicadyl

indicadyl Registered+

drying in the microwave is by far the the worst way to dry canabis as it doesnt realy dry it just cooks the goodness out of it the slower u dry the better the weed dont waste your stuff aftergrowing for 3 or 4 months to just ruin it in a microwave,hang it in a wardrobe or put in a paper bag and open every few hours

10. outdoorgrower

outdoorgrower Registered

is there a good grow guide for the outdoor climate in ireland. ie best seeds,best time to plant and harvest. thanks

11. outdoorgrower

outdoorgrower Registered

^^^^ any help guys

12. derekm1807

derekm1807 Registered+

outdoor update

Hi guys,
    Ive been having issues with my computer so sorry for only getting uploaded now.
    first 3 pics are 3 weeks old, quite stretched but for growing outside in the shit summer Ireland has got, all seems good, more pics to follow (present day pics)

Attached Files:

13. derekm1807

derekm1807 Registered+

outdoor update 2

Hi guys,
    ok these pics were taken a few days ago.
    All are auto flowering, a few different strains. (dutch passion, lowryder 1 + 2)All are budding, some more than others, apart from the tallest sativa looking strains which are only starting now. I am unsure what the sativa strains are as I didnt label each pot when planting. its really only an experiment to see if I can grow outside.
    auto flowering seeds seem ok, though if you are growing in the climate i am, be prepared to wait a lot longer for the finished product. Im happy with my grow so far, as it hasnt cost me much, apart from seeds, nutrients, and the el cheapo tent they are in.
    Problems I have had along the way
    1. shitty soil(transplanted to nice soil mix wth perlite) really helped growth
    2. bad location for first 3 weeks(wasnt getting enough light) positioned in a more open spot
    3. fucking bugs, got some insect and bug killer, solvved the problem
    4. crappy irish summer barely saw any decent sunshine, so Im very happy so far, though lets see the yield in around 3 weeks, theres 16, so I figure if I get on average 4 grams per plant, its around 50 grams in total. il be happy

Anyway, all in all, pleased so far, hit me with any comments or queries
    :Rasta:
    ps check out the third pic, this little girl is the smallest plant I have EVER seen, she is only around 9 inches tall, but real leafy and branchy, lots of bud sites, its hard to see in the pics, I tried to set it beside another for size difference, but with so much greenery in the background you have to look real close

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  14. IrishGranny

IrishGranny Registered

I am not an expert particularly on cannabis - but have a five foot plant and two smaller ones growing outside in a Belfast garden, from seeds from a bag of grass my son germinated in a lizard's tank!. I have being growing all kinds of plants, indoor and outdoor for years in this country. Which is why the plants were sent up to my garden. Don't complicate things, its just a plant like any other exotic plant, grow it outside as you would with tomatoes, chillies or any other Half-Hardy Annual flowering plant. Germinate seeds (preferably in a heated propogator indoors- but any small tray covered with cling-film and pierced will do -then put it on top of your tv set top box or other warm place.) in late Feb. Transplant to small pots in peat-based or John Innes compost when seeds have germinated and have their first true leaves, and put on a sunny windowsill. Do not plant outdoors until all risk of frost is passed, (end of May begining of June in Ireland). Transplant only when roots begin to fill the pot. Feed them in the same way you would any other flowering plant, you can buy organic fertilizers, Growmore or Miracle Grow in any supermarket. grow it among other plants outside , in the sunniest spot (south-facing) that you can find.

PLANT LOTS OF OTHER FLOWERS AND SOME TOMATOS AND CHILLIES - your neighbours will think you are just a keen gardener - this will work even on a town balcony - so long as you have plenty of other plants around - they will be inconspicuous.

Its just a plant. Like people who grow roses, giant vegetables or flowers it takes time to learn. You can buy the most expensive seeds and equiptment money can buy but its not called "weed" for no reason, a kid with a seed, a yoghurt carton and a bit of muck could manage it. If you want to become an expert then learn by experience. Its just a plant. Like people who grow roses, giant vegetables or flowers it takes time to learn.

15. IrishGranny

IrishGranny Registered

My answer was to Outdoor Grower obviously not to the expert just above- sorry I'm new!

16. derekm1807

derekm1807 Registered+

Hi,
    Im by no means an expert, though as Irish Granny says, experience is the best way to learn.
    And everything Irish Granny says is spot on. I think you would be an expert in no time!!!
    Only other thing I would say is if you can, keep them inside some polythene tent, and also put polythene down on the ground. it keeps bugs and pests at bay.
    Water a little, around once per week, and dont over fertilize.
    Im using basic b cuzz nutrients and some rhizotonic to help roots, as Irish Granny says, its a weed!!!!:Rasta:

17. outdoorgrower

outdoorgrower Registered

thanks irishgranny for the info. im living near the curragh so iv plenty of locations for a few plants,my last two plants got devoured by bugs so iv just got 30 lowrider seeds and im going to wait till feb to plant them so hopefully all will work out, ill be back on soon looking for more tips. thanks:thumbsup:

18. blinder

blinder Registered

outdoor

is any1 growing outdoor this year in ireland need a bit of help with strains if u no any that adapt well to our climate thanks

19. loststix

loststix Registered+

gald some1 dug this up

i am trying out some new seeds for my out side grow called mixed berries
    and has survived the snow we had a while back so looking hardy any way.
    Grow some other types like early girl and hollands hoop/hope(depends on the seed supplier which name it is)
    and ya could do some lowryder types
    but go into any shop and ask for a short flowering period.
    longer this is the worse the weather gets at the end

20. aquagirl

aquagirl Registered+

thats pretty cool that it survived snow, i read some where else though that early girl and hollands hoop aren't that great (will check again).

if your looking for seeds you should look for a certain danish seeds company, some would say its mantra and website are very ZEN like for a SEEDS company. :thumbsup:

hope this helps

side question , how many posts do we need to send/receive private messages?