Outdoor Security

Discussion in 'Glass Pictures' started by Hells Canyon Cannabis, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Have mites and other garden pests? I did not. I had Praying Manti and Lady Bug security. And it worked great!! Anyone else have success w bug on bug warfare?

• Like Like x 1
  2. DirtyBlueGene

DirtyBlueGene Registered+

Great two punch combo! ;) I can't grow outdoors, so I only have to deal with fungus gnats, hate those lil' bastards, lol.

Welcome to Cann.com.

3. The Manti are pretty easy to keep in indoor grow area. Ladybugs not so much.

4. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

!cid_part27_08070904_05090107@apbb.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. VaKrazy74

VaKrazy74 Registered

Howd u get rid of them. If u dont mind me asking??

6. DirtyBlueGene

DirtyBlueGene Registered+

Hang some yellow sticky traps to catch the fliers and place dryer sheets (fabric softener) on the soil to prevent the lil' bastards from laying their eggs in the soil. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. surejam123

surejam123 Registered+

Also a 1&1/2" of sand on top of the soil will prevent them from laying eggs and keep the babies from getting out and they will eventualy die in the soil...If you are going Organic soils

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  8. surejam123

surejam123 Registered+

There are a few different things that have worked for me you have probably heard that ceadar chips will kill fleas It works for soil pests too . Then there is Diatomacious Earth that kills by tearing up the flesh of aphids and other soft bodied critters that munch on the plants best applied with a powder aplicator squeez bottle . I had bol weavles in my soil one time and the ceadar chips killed them . I found them on the floor next to my planters the next day.. A light mixture of molasses in ro water sprayed on the leaves will keep spider mights and aphids away too .. Some milk in your teas will cause the micorizae in the soil to explode in numbers ..

9. surejam123

surejam123 Registered+

By the way when useing molasses as a foliar feed it not only keeps the aphids away but also the ants that milk them .

10. VaKrazy74

VaKrazy74 Registered

Thanks

11. surejam123

surejam123 Registered+

vakrazy
    Take a look at the Molasses threads ..... In the search box type in molasses

• Like Like x 1
  12. Shovelhandle

Shovelhandle Registered+

Watch for fungus gnats that migrate into the pots via the drain holes! My BIL has had gnats for months and months. He eliminated a lot by using the recommendations posted.
    But he still sees a flier or two in and out of the bottom of a houseplant. And that's all it can take...

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

I should mention that the "special kind of stupid" post was pointed at a spammer that has since been deleted. :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. surejam123

surejam123 Registered+

Hey Weeza How can we recognize a spammer And what do they do to be recognized as one Is it possable to create a blacklist so that all the members will eventually get to know them and be able to recognize when they are being spammed ????

15. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

Common sense should do.
    If it sounds too good to be true, it is not true.
    If a stranger offers to conspire to commit serious felonies with you?
    Run away!

Posting any link, or offer without being a paid advertiser is SPAM.
    That is a theft of service.
    They are stealing from your host and they will steal,from you!

Not too far off topic, let's call it in-house security. :D
    Play safe, it's a jungle out there.
    Weeze

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. surejam123

surejam123 Registered+

Good to know , Thanks