Outdoor Success in the Western Pacific Northwest?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Growing' started by Shovelhead Jed, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Shovelhead Jed

Shovelhead Jed Registered+

Iganja: ok, i get it what you mean now.. Yeah thats good to know cuz it does get pretty chilly here but we don't really get much snow i'm close to the ocean. I'm curious how your LED box grow does..you grow just 1 or 2 plants at a time? Yeah that's one nice thing about LED & CFL cab/box grows..the lights don't give off too much heat so you can turn nearly anthing into a growbox. A refridgerator box, a DIY wood or pvc framed panda covered tent, almost anything. IMHO a "PC grow" is kinda silly but use what ya got! I read a really great article about "space buckets" on Rollitup or somewhere.. For small stealth grows, i think those are pretty cool. One plant per bucket, adjustable height, enclosed CFLs, & small PC muffin fans for intake & exhaust. They are like little enclosed growrooms for each plant. Creative ideas, everywhere! Who said stoners are lazy & dumb? Lol.

2. iGanja

iGanja Registered+

I made a thread here asking people about space buckets like a day or two now that you mention it lol yeah I only grow 1-2 plants at a time I can grow two auto flowers but one photoperiod type or I'm in for some serious pruning but that's only because I'm using a 150 watt LED that isn't a panel either its a small fixture with a fan installed in it I'll take a pic and post it here if you'd like.

3. Shovelhead Jed

Oh yeah the 600 watter should heat up that 4 x 4 x 7-8 ft space pretty well..lol. Thats why i'm not even attempting my setup without a strong fan: i think the 400 cfm hydrofarm active air fan with a speed controller attached. And as far as heating your house with the grow light exhaust, i actually seriously considered that method at least in the winter..i heard about it somewhere too & actually posted a question on a thread but so far no response. Maybe i'll start a thread..haha i just am curious how thatt would work just run your exhaust out of the grow & duct it across under my bed or somewhere to heat the place in the winter..but problem is i live in a very small house like more of a cabin really so not much space to heat up..so i'll prolly just pipe it outside like most folks.. Cool idea, though.

4. Shovelhead Jed

yeah pics are always cool. I don't know how to link or paste it (on a phone) but if you go to Growweedeasy.com which is a small site they have re-posted a GREAT article with photos showing you every step of how to make killer space buckets..supposedly written by the "original inventor" or space buckets. (who know) anyways i was stoked read the whole thing downloaded some how-to pics to remind me. If you're thinking about the SB system, you should check out that article! I thibk they'd be PERFECT for auto's or just small compact plants. I am also intrigued by these "12/12 from seed" method. That's the next thing i want to research. The thought of floweing from seed never crossed my mind. I wonder what their yields are like? Cheers

5. iGanja

iGanja Registered+

You would just have to have a strong enough fan and you could duct it right into your vents it wouldn't be all that difficult actually they make the duct fittings and everything. But I think most people who would be able to heat a whole house have a whole basement grow with like 6 1k Hps lamps now that would be some serious wattage and some serious heating.

6. iGanja

iGanja Registered+

IMG_20140305_015620.jpg
    Well there's my light and the girls just because I can't really get just the light at the moment. Yeah next time I order some beans I'll do some experiments with lighting schedules it'll be fun times.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Shovelhead Jed

Nice! Wow those are some hearty lil girls. Especially the one partially obscured by the light..are these the autos? Cuz that one looks like its been topped or FIM'ed..bushy! Damn i love the look of plants (especially flowers) under LED lights..pretty purples. Yeah i need to order some beans myself somehow..or pick up some clones.. Thanks for the pic!

• Like Like x 1
  8. iGanja

iGanja Registered+

Yeah those are kc brains kc45 next is gunna be royal queen critical if I feel like growing another auto or I have one royal queen power flower or 2 regular Kerala x skunk #1. I have like 7 kc45 still I just need to find where I put them.

9. Shovelhead Jed

Lol yeah never hide your beans after ya burn a few..

• Like Like x 1
  10. iGanja

iGanja Registered+

That's for damn sure me and my girl can't for the life of me remember where the hell I put them I think I was drunk if I remember right lol but I'm moving soon anyways but my folks own this house so I can continue to grow here but I'm moving 20 miles into town. I should find them when I pack up all my stuff today actually.

11. Shovelhead Jed

Well good luck i'm sure they'll turn up.. Damn i hate when i hide shit so good i forget where it was..lol. (usually stoned or loaded) i try to hide stuff in plain site but sometimes thats worse cuz yer looking for it forever when its right in front of ya..

12. iGanja

iGanja Registered+

Yup even then so they weren't that expensive its just the fact that I lost them lol I already almost have my money to buy new beans anyways.

13. tlranger

tlranger Registered+

The test of good pot, when you lose it!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. tlranger

tlranger Registered+

Don't lose it! My experience, don't give it to gfriend for safe keeping either.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Shovelhead Jed

Ranger you crack me up..lol. Yeah i keep reading about lots of folks growing from "bagseeds" but around here the herb is so good i seriously cannot recall finding a seed in a bag..for many years now.. Maybe i need to start smoking some "mids" or something? Jk. Just to get some beans..lol. But i sure don't want to GROW "mids"..haha as a wise man once said "if it don't bubble, it ain't worth the trouble.." teeheehee

• Like Like x 1
  16. iGanja

iGanja Registered+

Lol tlranger my bean money is sitting in my PayPal account waiting to be transfered so there is no losing it this time. I have a few beans to last me for awhile anyways I'm really curious about this royal queen critical though. I don't even know what the potency of the ones I'm growing are going to be because herbies doesn't tell me the potential potency. I'm just hoping my work pays off and I get an ounce or two of some quality herb that not many have smoked.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Shovelhead Jed

Iganja: i have no experiance to back this up but i know (i've read) that "Critical" is very similer if not the same as Big Bud just renamed "Critical" by several seedbanks like Royal Queen & Mr. Nice. Heavy yielders. I hope you have some major success with those..keep us posted. Cheers

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  18. Shovelhead Jed

yeah you're right, wouldn't be that hard..maybe the 600 watter would heat my lil cabin just fine, at least during the winer..and since the heat would be "free" as a side affect of my grow room exhaust, i could open windows & stuff if it got to hot in here for me. I will set my room up like usual but keep the option of unhooking the ducting in winter to re-route inside for heat..good idea, man!

19. iGanja

iGanja Registered+

yeah supposedly the kc45 I got going right now is supposed to be a really good yielder for being an auto flower the critical I just looked it up on royal queens site doesn't say the genetics but it does say 15% THC so it is gunna be some pretty decent smoke if I like it enough I'll buy some of what royal queen considers their "medical" grade seeds.

• Like Like x 1
  20. iGanja

iGanja Registered+

The heat thing too if you got a damn fireplace in that thing there is nothing like chopping some logs and burning a fat one right in front of an open fire.