Outdoor Success in the Western Pacific Northwest?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Growing' started by Shovelhead Jed, Mar 1, 2014.

1. iGanja

iGanja Registered+

Man screw Safeway I work at wally world lol cheap ass light bulbs but yeah I need to get those lights asap I can leave the girls in the dark for a few days but I would rather not just need my paycheck already lmfao

2. iGanja

iGanja Registered+

I think what I need to do is have a T5 setup as back up or a 125 watt cfl decisions decisions lmfao

3. Shovelhead Jed

Shovelhead Jed Registered+

Yeah good plan i've been hearing more & more good stuff about the high output T5's.. Better coverage than the big CFL's, i think. Yeah, can't beat wallyworld for price/selection. The walmart should have EVERYTHING i listed in my above post about the DIY CFL setup. Cheap-cheap-cheap..lol. Yeah man a backup system is a good idea. I built my own CFL vegging setup off a youtube vid..using lamp fixtures & a curved dryer venting/stovepipe thingy as a light hood. Works great & cheap. Gotta be able to do minor electrical stuff, wire up fixtures to cord, bolt fixtures to hood, etc.. I wanna get a H.O. T5 panel for extra vegging light/backup as well. It all comes down to money..lol. Sucks being poor. If money wasn't an issue i'd be going with a few of the Dominator LED panels or a combo of a HPS & LED side lighting..(heard that works killer. Maybe one day, if i hit the powerball or some shit..haha on the other hand i like to build stuff & it's a challange to grow the best herb possible using cheaper & DIY equipment.. Mcgyver style shit..lol.

4. tlranger

tlranger Registered+

Hard to beat a couple of old fashion cheap wally world shop lights with grow tubes for the emergency.:jointsmile:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shovelhead Jed

Yeah no doubt Ranger..great point. Can't beat the price & "bang for buck" factor of a few tube-style florescent 2-bulb fixtures... I'm guessing Ranger is talking about the common T12 sized lights? Cheaper & better footprint than CFL's, but still will need to be pretty darn close to get the most light on your girls. I think you can buy 2 footers (for smaller spaces or of course the more common 4 ft ones. Again, my experiance is based purely on my online/book research, so take that into consideration..lol. There are many others on here like Mr. Ranger, who have a wealth of real hands-on experiance..which trumps "research" 100 fold. That's my absolute favorite thing about this website, as if you ask around or ask nicely there are many others with a grip of knowledge who are willing to pass along good general knowledge, & if perhaps save newer growers (like me) some time & sorrow by passing along some of their personal experiance. Like Buddha said: "soak up knowledge, much like sponge." lol actually i made that part up but whatever works for ya. Cheers, S.J.

• Like Like x 1
  6. iGanja

iGanja Registered+

I'm gonna eat this ramen bowl then go to town to see what I can find lol

7. tlranger

tlranger Registered+

Stick up under the counter t-8's are over my clone box full time. Cheap but work well. And we were talking short term.

I have told the story on here about being without power for ten days. Headquarters has dark the whole time(no light but cool) and the ladies didn't flinch.

8. iGanja

iGanja Registered+

Yeah my girls haven't flinched yet they even kind of seem to be enjoying the dark considering they've been under 24\7 for almost a month.

9. iGanja

iGanja Registered+

Well this is going to be a cheaper fix than I thought I didn't think I had 3 clamp lights laying around now I just need the Y's and the cfls

10. tlranger

tlranger Registered+

Keep hunting, maybe you'll find an old stash!!

11. iGanja

iGanja Registered+

You think I can use 2700k considering they're autos because wally world has no 6500k oh nvm found 5000k ones I'm set

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  12. tlranger

tlranger Registered+

Not the best deal but this is sort term, right

13. iGanja

iGanja Registered+

Yeah depending on how long it takes to get my light sent in fixed and sent back lol my luck my babies are gunna finish under these CFLs. Just considering I'm already a month into the grow and they're auto flowering so I'm pretty much bummed at this point next time I will be prepared though I just saw how cheap a hps was for a Sylvania so I may pick up a 250 watt hps/my setup or just a 2 foot quad bulb t5ho.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  14. Shovelhead Jed

Hey there Iganja; whats up? How are your girls holding up under those CFL's? I am curious how long it'll take for those auto's to start flowering.. :)

15. iGanja

iGanja Registered+

Lmfao go look at my grow log I moved out 20 miles away had to leave the babies at the parents one completely hit the shits idk about now I burned the hell out of it so I put it out in the barn to get real sunlight for all I know it could be flowering.

16. Habinar

Habinar Registered+

Good afternoon. In the world of the Internet a lot of positive, but there is also a negative. Cybercriminals can determine the balance of your wallets and even identify you to hack your computer and steal your cryptocurrency. They use social engineering and block analysis in order to master your data. The more translations you make, the more information you can get. For security, I use https://bestmixer.io/ this resource provides guarantees for the security of your translations and their anonymity. This is exactly what I need. And what do you choose?