PAX2 Vaporizer Pass Your Drug Test

plastic containers absorb the THC?? is there any truth to this?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Methods' started by ballllin, Feb 13, 2007.

1. ballllin

ballllin Registered+

i hear ppl say that plastic containers absorb THC, so u should store in a glass jar...

i say fuuuuck that.
    i doubt there'd be enough thc absorbed to make a difference at all, even if it DID get absorbed
  2. Lanietheberner

Lanietheberner Registered+

As long as you use a PolyPro (tuperware type) type of plastic your good! The only one I would not use is a Low Density PolyEtheleyne (LDPE) as there is some storage issues, especally locking in smells and allowing the THC to migrate thru the structure of the plastic.:(
  3. Nochowderforyou

Nochowderforyou Registered+

It doesn't absorb it, but there is a lot of static in plastic bags, and that causes the kif from the buds to build up and stick to the bags.

Personally, I don't use plastic bags anymore. I store my buds in glass jars that keeps them fresh and delicious for many weeks.
  4. Verde Es Dios

Verde Es Dios Registered+

I keep mine in a little plastic case, I wonder if thats bad..
  5. BobBong

BobBong Registered+

Plastic doesn't really breathe either.. so drying/curing a harvest in a big rubbermaid can be a bit touchy if you're unable to open the container daily.
  6. powerrobbie

powerrobbie Registered+

yes exactly..plastic is usually staticy which causes kief and maybe even some bottom bag to stick to it
  7. LIP

LIP Banned

I buy in black sacks and then put it in glass jars. Keeps it perfectly fresh, and the kief on the buds doesnt stick to it.
  8. TheGreenFog

TheGreenFog Registered+

Elaborate on "black sacs" please, LIP.

The Fog :Rasta:
  9. vileoxidation

vileoxidation Registered+

I use a plastic container by BIOKIPS. Its basically just tupperware. It does catch some kief with static, but you can scrape it with a metal file and collect it back.

Should I get glass or is this good?
  10. jahjahjahjah

jahjahjahjah Registered+

I use plastic medicine containers, jus picked up sum PUFF
  11. jahjahjahjah

jahjahjahjah Registered+

Glass is excellent i have 1 of those to, you can go to any Colorado Shop and get em.
  12. TheGreenFog

TheGreenFog Registered+

I use nothing...:(

But if I did use would be glass jars...then transfer to a baggie a few days before I plan to smoke it (it removes a bit of the "jar" taste, I think).

The Fog :Rasta:

Attached Files:

13. LIP

LIP Banned

A big plastic bin bag.
  14. orangeman

orangeman Banned

All I know is when I stored by bud in plastic it seemed to get dryer and less potent by the week. When I switched to glass the bud maintained way better. I honestly don't know if plastic is a worse storage method or not if done right but I rather just go with the way that's been workin for me for a while now :jointsmile:.