plastic containers absorb the THC?? is there any truth to this?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Methods' started by ballllin, Feb 13, 2007.

1. ballllin

ballllin Registered+

i hear ppl say that plastic containers absorb THC, so u should store in a glass jar...

i say fuuuuck that.
    i doubt there'd be enough thc absorbed to make a difference at all, even if it DID get absorbed

2. Lanietheberner

Lanietheberner Registered+

As long as you use a PolyPro (tuperware type) type of plastic your good! The only one I would not use is a Low Density PolyEtheleyne (LDPE) as there is some storage issues, especally locking in smells and allowing the THC to migrate thru the structure of the plastic.:(

3. Nochowderforyou

Nochowderforyou Registered+

It doesn't absorb it, but there is a lot of static in plastic bags, and that causes the kif from the buds to build up and stick to the bags.

Personally, I don't use plastic bags anymore. I store my buds in glass jars that keeps them fresh and delicious for many weeks.

4. Verde Es Dios

Verde Es Dios Registered+

I keep mine in a little plastic case, I wonder if thats bad..

5. BobBong

BobBong Registered+

Plastic doesn't really breathe either.. so drying/curing a harvest in a big rubbermaid can be a bit touchy if you're unable to open the container daily.

6. powerrobbie

powerrobbie Registered+

yes exactly..plastic is usually staticy which causes kief and maybe even some bottom bag to stick to it

7. LIP

LIP Banned

I buy in black sacks and then put it in glass jars. Keeps it perfectly fresh, and the kief on the buds doesnt stick to it.

8. TheGreenFog

TheGreenFog Registered+

Elaborate on "black sacs" please, LIP.

Cheers.

The Fog :Rasta:

9. vileoxidation

vileoxidation Registered+

I use a plastic container by BIOKIPS. Its basically just tupperware. It does catch some kief with static, but you can scrape it with a metal file and collect it back.

Should I get glass or is this good?

10. jahjahjahjah

jahjahjahjah Registered+

I use plastic medicine containers, jus picked up sum PUFF

11. jahjahjahjah

jahjahjahjah Registered+

Glass is excellent i have 1 of those to, you can go to any Colorado Shop and get em.

12. TheGreenFog

TheGreenFog Registered+

I use nothing...:(

But if I did use something...it would be glass jars...then transfer to a baggie a few days before I plan to smoke it (it removes a bit of the "jar" taste, I think).

The Fog :Rasta:

Attached Files:

13. LIP

LIP Banned

A big plastic bin bag.

14. orangeman

orangeman Banned

All I know is when I stored by bud in plastic it seemed to get dryer and less potent by the week. When I switched to glass the bud maintained way better. I honestly don't know if plastic is a worse storage method or not if done right but I rather just go with the way that's been workin for me for a while now :jointsmile:.