Please help! Nitrogen Toxicity, or lack thereof?

Discussion in 'Plant Problems' started by Dietrich, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Dietrich

Dietrich Registered

My plant is curling and clawing at the tips. The stems of the fan leaves have begun to turn red and the leaf tips are clawing. The plant from the bottom up has lost a set of leaves and is turning yellow. The last time I fed her nutes was four days ago and I used the rest of my 1gallon:1 1/4tsp ratio of veg nutes (6-4-4) which was 1 quart left over, the other quart of water was plain distilled. I believe I might have brought the nitrogen level to toxicity. She is now 2 weeks into flower (unknown bag seed). The pH of the soil is around 7.0 I'm using FFOF soil. Growing in a 5 gallon pot. I water her once every two days (1/2 gallon) and feed her every other watering. Temp ranges from 75-80°, rh ranges from 30-40%, I'm using a 400w hps bulb to flower. My question is whether or not you all think I have introduced too much nitrogen by using the rest of my veg nutrients or if I am not using enough nutrients i.e. not enough phosphorus. Pictures added. I know she doesn't look super unhealthy but its bothering me.

Attached Files:

2. polishpollack

polishpollack Registered+

Over fert. FFOF has fert in it already. if you use a large container with lots of soil, it will last a long time, maybe the entire grow cycle. this means you don't have to anything except water when dry. the brown leaf tips looks like over fert. also, please take pics in white light only, not sodium, as it's difficult to see color in sodium.

• Agree Agree x 1