pots

Discussion in 'CANNABIS.COM Lounge' started by casper123, Dec 7, 2015.

1. casper123

casper123 Registered+

Could someone tell me what size pots are required for adult plants going into flowering stage

2. Dutch Pimp

Dutch Pimp Up in Smoke

I use 8 & 10 inch pots, indoors...... IMG_0464.JPG

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. The Widow White

The Widow White Registered+

I think it's pretty much a personal choice. I flower in 5 gallon buckets myself but have unlimited space. I used to flower in 3 gallon pots, but decided to take it up another notch and go to the 5 gals. So far, so good. The only issue I've had since using them is being able to tell how much moisture is actually left down around the roots. Solved that problem by getting a long moisture probe to stick down in there to tell. It will seem like it's totally dry to the touch but the moisture probe will tell me that it's wet around the roots. My plants got healthier after I bought the probe since I was actually keeping the roots moist most of the time without it. Good luck! TWW

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. MeinNeiger

MeinNeiger Registered

5. gardenermendo

gardenermendo Registered+

The size of the pot will determine how large the plant can get. I use a 15 gal pot, I water with nutrients daily, and my outdoor plants get 8 foot tall.

6. orton090

orton090 Registered

I am not quite sure about that.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

Probably, if they knew how big your newly flowering plants are now, are and how big you want them to be. :)

Aloha,
    Wee

8. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

Or, you could just weigh the buckets when dry, weigh them when well watered, and then weigh them to see exactly how much water they need and when they need it.

I'm a lazy boi, I just lift them and water when they feel light.

Aloha,
    Wee 'zard