random sober hallucinations

Discussion in 'Medicinal Cannabis and Health' started by MrNiceGuy420, Apr 3, 2007.

1. MrNiceGuy420

MrNiceGuy420 Registered+

i dont know if this should go in the health forum but lately ive been having this wierd random halluncinations out of nowhere. its like a silvery shiney ball of light that appears,moves accross my vison for a but usually in a straigt line, then dissapears....its kinda cool but annoying at the same time...and its not like someting that as soon as you notice it, it goes away...its like i look at it and stair at it like wtf.....does this happen to anyone else?

maybe im going insane :wtf3:

2. 420marijuana420

420marijuana420 Registered+

have you ever used any drugs besides weed? DO NOT MENTION THEM, this thread will get deleted. Just say yes or no.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2007
  3. go toke up

go toke up Registered+

i wish thatd happen to me. sumtimes when sober, i get a fat headrush outta nowere and i get what seems like a buzz for a moment

4. MrNiceGuy420

MrNiceGuy420 Registered+

no i havent use any other drugs

5. birdgirl73

birdgirl73 Registered+

And it only happens when you're not high?

I think I will move this to the Medicinal and Health area if that's OK . . .

6. are you currently on, or ever been on prescribed drugs? (xanax, vicodin, remaron, buspar ect ect)

some of the pills the doc gives you can have really drastic side effects... like this one i was on for all of a year, now i have constant muscle spasms.. and i don't think it's ever going to go away.

7. MrNiceGuy420

MrNiceGuy420 Registered+

no im not on an prescritions

now that i think of it...it has happened when im stoned..i just notice and probably remember it more when im not stoned

8. birdgirl73

birdgirl73 Registered+

Do you have other types of hallucinations? That is, do you hear noises or voices or see other things?

9. ConfusedCannabisGuy

ConfusedCannabisGuy Registered+

i have that happen with a big black dot...ill be chilling and ill freak out and my friends are just like what the hell is his problem, mostly when im fuckin blazed tho, when im high im ok but when im fucked up, crazy

10. mattks1

mattks1 Registered+

sometimes i get the little thing that looks like a worm crawling across my eye

• Like Like x 1
  11. scStOnEr

scStOnEr Registered

Is it kinda cloudy looking? What you are describing could be what is called a floater.

"Floaters may look like specks, strands, webs or other shapes. Actually, what you are seeing are the shadows of floaters cast on the retina, the light-sensitive part of the eye."

If it gets worse you might want to see a doctor.

12. xmordeciax

xmordeciax Registered+

haha i've always wanted to know what thoes things where called... when me and my good friend were 12 we named them bubble ghosts lol!

13. scStOnEr

scStOnEr Registered

I get them too, really annoying bouncing around. hah

14. mrdevious

mrdevious Registered+

Dude, as soon as I read your post I thought ocular migraine. That sounds pretty much like the one my mom used to suffer from. Check it out.

The Magical Mystery of Migraines

15. pass_the_dubbie

pass_the_dubbie Registered+

I used to get that very often....Then it stopped but a few months after I started getting migranes and have been getting them ever since.....Migranes suck!

16. thcbongman

thcbongman Registered+

Those are just floaters. It's completely natural, it happens to everyone, but you'd notice them more than the average person because you smoke weed, or did some psychedelic and vividly started to notice them.

17. TheSmokingMonkey

TheSmokingMonkey Registered+

You may need to visit an opthalmologist. It could be an eye problem. Get it checked out by a health care professional. Don't fuck around with your vision... it's important.

18. xmordeciax

xmordeciax Registered+

I know you said you have not taken any other drugs but heres a little FYI.

There is a syndrome called Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder, many people who have taken pschadelics observe what is commonly called "flashbacks" generally they are not too bad, but can be confusing or scarry if you dont know what they are, i have taken only 2 psychadelics in my life, one being salvia (the most intense of them all honestly) and the other being LSA (very similar to LSD, found in morning glory and hawain baby woodrose seeds) and i have a very low level form of HPPD. Every once in a while i will get small flashbacks such as trails or really intense light and it happens even more often and more intense when i'm high!

Here is what wikipedia has to say about HPPD
    "There is a reported possibility of "flashbacks", a psychological phenomenon in which an individual experiences an episode of some of LSD's subjective effects long after the drug has worn off — sometimes weeks, months, or even years afterward. Flashbacks can incorporate both positive and negative aspects of LSD trips. Colloquial usage of the term flashback refers to any experience reminiscent of LSD effects, with the typical connotation that the episodes are of short duration. However, psychiatry recognizes a disorder in which LSD-like effects are persistent and cause clinically significant impairment or distress. This syndrome is called Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder (HPPD), a DSM-IV diagnosis. Several scientific journal articles have described the disorder.[34]

The issues of HPPD and flashbacks are complicated and subtle, with no definitive explanations currently available. Any attempt at explanation must reflect several observations: first, over 70 percent of LSD users claim never to have "flashed back"; second, the phenomenon does appear linked with LSD use, though a causal connection has not been established; and third, a higher proportion of psychiatric patients report flashbacks than "normal" users."

MODS: i know were generally not supposed to talk about any other drugs but i felt like this bit of info might help quite a few people! Sorry!

19. thcbongman

thcbongman Registered+

Often HPPD is confused with floaters. If you had HPPD, it would interfere with your vision so much, you would have trouble driving because ex. there's a halo that makes you vision slightly translucent. Floaters have to do with specks of protein and all the little bits of clutter that get in your eyes and it perceives in your vision it's moving.

20. ckoutlaw

ckoutlaw Registered+

I have the same problem. I was on abilify for a lil while. My doc had me takin 5MG for 2 weeks but I started getting really bad akathisia and random muscle spasms. I only get the muscle spasms every once in a while now but it is still more often then when I had NEVER taken abilify. Also, i get akithisia sometimes. Ever since i started on abilify i feel "broken" sometimes. I trip on words more often and my thought process is kinda confusing now. I dont take pills anymore, MY CHOICE. Honestly abilify made me feel that way the third day and i get that sometimes ever since. I dont trust the pharmaceuticals too much anymore. I was only on abilify for 3 months, but by the third month i had suicidal thoughts and the symptoms i described. Now i am prescription free, smoke some bud and i feel better. My temper problem is non existent on days that i smoke, even if its just once.:thumbsup: :Rasta: :Rasta: :Rasta:

EDIT:: I forgot to add that 5MG was way too high and he asked me to try 2MG. By taking 2 it just took longer for symptoms to hit and they were less frequent.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2007