PAX2 Vaporizer Pass Your Drug Test

Recipe for CO2 from yeast and sugar

Discussion in 'Basic Growing' started by maspino1, Feb 8, 2008.

1. maspino1

maspino1 Registered+

Last time I made some it was a big mess, can someone give me their recipe?
  2. maspino1

maspino1 Registered+

actually, you can lock this thread now. i just made up a recipe using only 1 cup of water. it fucking stinks, i can't even sit in my room anymore.

this is the recipe:
    1cup of tepid water
    1tbsp dextrose (or sugar)
    1/2tsp active yeast

just mix the water and sugar until dissolved and then stir the yeast in and shazam, you got free co2
  3. maspino1

maspino1 Registered+

wait, if my box isn't supposed to smell alcoholic then please let me know, i think i
    might have put way too much in there
  4. hybridlove420

hybridlove420 Banned

its a touch and go thing. just mix yeast and sugar in some warm water. the higher the yeast to sugar ratio, the faster co2 is made
  5. Mr. Clandestine

Mr. Clandestine Registered+

You should be using a LOT more water, bro! I've never made C02 with this method, but I've read that people generally use anywhere from 2-4 gallons of water for each 1-2 tablespoons of yeast, and 5lbs of sugar. This particular method also recommended putting the yeast on a piece of toast, which could get consumed and sink to the bottom and speed up the whole fizzing process. Or something along those lines. I can't remember exactly. But I'd imagine that the smell would be much more tolerable using larger amounts of the main ingredients.
  6. maspino1

maspino1 Registered+

now i know it's working
    this was my "experiment" 2 days ago
  7. hybridlove420

hybridlove420 Banned

lol! i did that with mine too to check!

make sure t wont eventually burst, or else you can get a foam eruption and a really weird yeasty smell all at once
  8. maspino1

maspino1 Registered+

that already happened with my vinegar and baking soda, unfortunately it doesn't beat
    the smell of strong yeast bread
  9. 50ul }{4ck3r

50ul }{4ck3r Registered+