PAX2 Vaporizer Pass Your Drug Test

red hairs (pic)

Discussion in 'Indoor Growing' started by bluntar, Jul 22, 2010.

1. bluntar

bluntar Registered+

so i woke up and found that my smallest sadest plant has some red hairs comeing out...this is strange to me because it is one of the last to be growing up and it looks like it might want to call it quits sooner than the others. it is only a few hairs that look like the rest but red. they come from where i found the first sets of hairs when she started flowering. could this be a hermie? please tell me that it is normal and ok.

the best i can do..the camera is not too good at close ups, also the hairs are verry small. same pic just one is...well u c

IMAG0242.jpg

IMAG0242 edit.JPG

2. everything

everything Registered+

No worries

Whats happening?

I cant see didly in your pics but I see the circle you drew.... That area is where the "pre-flowers" form and it would be totally normal to see some pistols there turning brown or red.... That happens as the pistols age and the pre-flower locations are the oldest pistols on the plant.....

Peace and god luck on a health harvest:Rasta:

3. everything

everything Registered+

No worries

Whats happening?

I cant see didly in your pics but I see the circle you drew.... That area is where the "pre-flowers" form and it would be totally normal to see some pistols there turning brown or red....
    That happens as the pistols age and the pre-flower locations are the oldest pistols on the plant.....

Peace and good luck on a healthy harvest:Rasta:

4. luvtogrow

luvtogrow Registered+

Makes sense to watch for the male flowers. Are the hairs just turning or turning and dropping?

5. LUDACRIS

LUDACRIS Registered+

Closer pics would help but if the PISTILS are prematurely shriveling/browning and dying then you have a pollinated plant or a hermie as i said its hard to say with those pics. The pistils on the lower buds will be affected first by shriveling up and dying if you have a hermie due to pollen pods forming in the top buds and dropping pollen on to the lower buds first.

6. bobjob4u

bobjob4u Registered+

Again pistols shows sexual maturity . Meaning if pollenated they can produce seeds and such. It doesnt mean it is ready to harvest or that it has been pollenated or it is gonna hermy.Not saying it cant if stressed. Most anything i have seen done will brown 3-5 weeks before trichomes show it is time to harvest. By those pics you are no where near harvest..

7. LUDACRIS

LUDACRIS Registered+

This is not true as harvest time is determined by trichome progression and nothing to do with the PISTILS.

(why does everybody here call the PISTOLS ????)

8. bluntar

bluntar Registered+

PISTOLS GO BANG BANG :gunfighter2:

any who they all have red hairs as we enter week 7. what gets me tho is that the trichomes are still clear, a few milky but mostly clear...will i ever get to harvest?

9. LUDACRIS

LUDACRIS Registered+

When the trichomes are clear to milky thats when the plant has the maximum THC levels and if you wait for them to go amber the THC has then degraded and changed in to CBN + CBC chemicals.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  10. LUDACRIS

LUDACRIS Registered+

11. bluntar

bluntar Registered+

cool man, thx alot....i took one last look before the lights went out and found a few amber ones!! yay..was not looking close enough before. now i dont want to kill her hahahah. thank you agean

never would have ben able to make this is photo shop with out a little help from the one we love

View attachment photoshop plsnt copy.bmp 300.bmp

looks cooler when its biger..had to adjust file size tho

12. LUDACRIS

LUDACRIS Registered+

Time to harvest when you see golden trichomes before the THC levels degrade any more. Fell free to ask me anything you are stuck with and i dont do hydro. Just non organic soil is good for me.
    (good luck).

LUDA.
    :D

Attached Files:

13. bluntar

bluntar Registered+

how do you end up with the top cola looking like that...like its trying to go 4 ways?

14. LUDACRIS

LUDACRIS Registered+

Its just a single cola plant and has not been trained or topped/fimmed. Its mostly to do with the way i manipulate the photoperiod during veg to have a plant with many nodes (bud sites) before i start to go 12/12.

LUDA.
    :)

15. bigsby

bigsby Banned

Can you tell us more? I'm interested.

16. LUDACRIS

LUDACRIS Registered+

Soon as i wake up a little i will be right on it for you.
    (that plant was ready in 92 days from ungerminated seed to harvest).

LUDA.

17. LUDACRIS

LUDACRIS Registered+

OK these plant/s were started from seeds straight in to pre soaked jiffys and put in a propgator (kept at 74*). it took 3-4 days for them all to sprout from the jiffys. As soon as they sprouted the jiffys were potted in 4" pots and placed under my 400w HPS fitted with a growlux sunmaster bulb. I start my vegging with a 24/0 photoperiod for the first 2 weeks to keep them short and bushy then after 2 weeks of 24/0 they have around 10-20 nodes. After 2 weeks of 24/0 i then switch to 18/6 to get some stretch on them as we know S.A.R.P and the 6hrs of dark is when the plants start to stretch looking for the light (when its dark). After the 4 weeks of vegging this way my plant/s will be around 12" tall with many more nodes then at the 4 week mark i switch to 12/12 and in 8 weeks they are always ready to harvest at around 3ft tall with milky trichomes and are cut and dried for around 2-3 weeks on a washing line. Once fully dried they go into glass mason jars and left to cure for 4 weeks minimum (opening the jars daily "burping the jars). I use the same bulb (400w hps growlux) from sprout to harvest (no bulb changing).

Here is another pic from the top and the seeds i used for this grow.
    (please ask about soil and nutes grown in if you need more info)

THANKS.

LUDA.
    :thumbsup:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
  18. bigsby

bigsby Banned

So riddle me this. I've always wondered about modifying the light schedule towards the end of the grow to more accurately reflect the natural environment. My thinking was to reduce the light period by 15 minutes every 2 or 3 days for the last two weeks of flower, thereby simulating the onset of fall. The idea being that the plants will beef up flower production sensing the coming winter. I was concerned that this might stress the plants but now I'm thinking I'll give it a try. Thoughts?

19. LUDACRIS

LUDACRIS Registered+

Most go from 12/12 (late in flowering) to 11/13 or 10/14 to densify the buds but your idea is on track but i suggest just switching from 12/12 2 weeks before harvest to 11/13 or 10/14 rather than the hassle of slowly dropping it day by day. If you are switching photoperiods then its best to keep it simple and stick with it. I just stick to 12/12 until harvest time and only switch photoperoids 3 times 24/0 to 18/6 and then 12/12.

LUDA.
    :thumbsup:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
  20. bluntar

bluntar Registered+

luda, bigs...what do you think about shock ripening or whatever? ice water then 3 days of darkness then harvest....is it worth it? dose it work?