PAX2 Vaporizer Pass Your Drug Test

representations of marijuana in cartoons and anime?

Discussion in 'CANNABIS.COM Lounge' started by wayoftheleaf, Jan 6, 2007.

1. wayoftheleaf

wayoftheleaf Registered+

I am trying to gather all marijuana use, and dialogue of, in cartoons and animes dating back the past 20 years.

Only one comes to mind for me, Samurai Champlou, the episode where the gate records keeper recounted a story of his first days at the job. Where an entire field was burned and how the gate was open for all that day, lost in a silvery purple haze.

He said it was a revolution, but soon forgotten.

I thought it was a near correct representation.

Any others?
  2. MastaChronic

MastaChronic Banned

dude, i just watched that episode about 3 hours ago.

i was thinking, thats how the real purple haze got extinct, that damn mugen burned it all! :mad:
  3. wayoftheleaf

wayoftheleaf Registered+

Damn you have to right?!?!?!?!
  4. B-Dizzle

B-Dizzle Registered+

Haha, that's ironic, my friend and I just watched that episode he had previously taped.
  5. ganjah

ganjah Registered+

I was watching Futurama last night and it was the episode where the professor created the box to a parallel universe. Well later in the show a bunch of boxes with many different universes or created and whenever the charactors would enter a new universe it would say the number of it and the people in it would be different. Well they get to universe "420" and there is a giant peace sign hanging on the wall. Proffesor is sitting indian style behind a hookah while a chick with a big ass afro gives him a neck massage. He starts tallking and it would seem that he was stoned. It was awsome.
  6. wayoftheleaf

wayoftheleaf Registered+

okay so we have

Samurai Champlou

Any others?

Is there ever anything like this on family guy?
  7. Skink

Skink Registered+

Who was that black cat???the one even before TV,,,I remember that cat smoking a joint...
  8. AR15

AR15 Registered+

I don't know how no one has mentioned the Simpsons or South Park.

I'm sure you could find more examples, but for now, I'll just throw out the Simpsons episode where Homer does medical marijuana, and for South Park when all the hippies come to have a mass meeting in South Park, Cartman throws them a joint in the basement I think.

That Simpsons episode was classic though, Lisa was making references to the house smelling like Otto and the art teacher's jacket, lol.
  9. AR15

AR15 Registered+

Fritz the Cat? Ralph Bakshi definitely has some, hmmm, I'll say "out there" pieces of work. I stopped watching that movie like halfway through, creeped me out.

EDIT: Nevermind, just checked, Fritz was a grey cat, but whatever, he's another one, although it's not from the past 20 years, Bakshi did most of that stuff in the 70's.
  10. Purple Banana

Purple Banana Registered+

DEFINATLEY the Simpsons...

The Seth and Munchie episode... Most of the subculture of cannabis can be seen in countless episodes of the Simpsons. 90% of the writers are probably potheads, including more likely than not, Matt Groening.
  11. BizzleLuvin

BizzleLuvin Registered+

okay so epsiode 'joy's ex' of Tom Goes to the Mayor where tom and joys ex and the major take bong hits together in a room with shit covered walls. the bongs are refferes to as some kind of musical pipes. the best Tom epsiode EVAH.
  12. wayoftheleaf

wayoftheleaf Registered+

Samurai Champlou
    The Simpsons
    South Park
    Tom Goes to the Mayor
  13. ToDrunkToFish

ToDrunkToFish Registered+

Theres the Family Guy episode where the whole family goes on the trip. And as they were leaving Chris looked back at his room window and said "I wont what the evil monkey does while im away"

And then it showed the Monkey on Chrises bed, pulls out a little box I think and his music player. Turns on the music and pulls out a bag of weed and a paper and rolls a joint and smokes.
  14. make it legal

make it legal Registered+

scooby doo is said to have countless weed references. you can look it up on line. Scoobie DOOBIE do is one of them.
  15. make it legal

make it legal Registered+

and scoobie and shaggy are always hungry, and when they come out of the smoke filled van they are laughing
  16. good ol daze

good ol daze Registered+

Well, I think my avatar and sig line say enough...the former is from the episode "Sideshow Bob Roberts," the latter, from prescription pot-focused "Weekend At Burnsies," featuring Phish.
  17. wayoftheleaf

wayoftheleaf Registered+

Samurai Champlou
    The Simpsons
    South Park
    Tom Goes to the Mayor
    Family Guy
    Scooby Doo

18. partyguy420

partyguy420 Registered+

its not realy a cartoon, but it has cartoon charicters in it, and they switch back and forth between cartoons and regular people, but the movie fat albert... the girl in its wearing a hoodie that says 420... umm there are alot, but i cant think of any... in the namba eppisode of south park, when they are running around threw all of the doors,(were they do that thing that they do on scooby DOOBIE doo) i think theres a door sign that says 420... and in the movie shrek 2, at the far far away idol, the stage back ground is a great big leaf that looks simlar to a pot leaf....