Reverse Tolerance

Discussion in 'Marijuana Methods' started by WannaSmokePot, Jan 30, 2006.

1. WannaSmokePot

WannaSmokePot Registered+

What is meant by "reverse tolerance?" And is it real?

2. slpntrx5

slpntrx5 Registered+

reverse tolerance, i believe, is when you don't smoke for a while and your tolerance to weed goes down.

it's real.

3. P.E.N.G.U.I.N.

P.E.N.G.U.I.N. Registered+

Reverse tolerance means the more you take something, the less it takes to get high.

Not with weed.

4. Phresher than it Got

Phresher than it Got Registered+

well what the hell, what drugs does this apply to?

5. Drago

Drago Registered+

some people report a reverse tolerance to weed altho it is very rare. man what i wouldnt give to be one of those lucky few... blazing all day and getting more and more fucked up after every toke i take

6. s2headhunter

s2headhunter Registered+

yeah i think i kinda have it.....well not really.........i dunno ....maybe lol somtimes it seems like it sometime sit doesnt...i dunno

7. SomeGuy

SomeGuy Registered+

reverse tolerance happens with Salvia...

8. LordRuffleMontgomery

LordRuffleMontgomery Registered+

In the third or fourth stage of alcoholism, one would have a reverse tolerance to alcohol.

9. P.E.N.G.U.I.N.

P.E.N.G.U.I.N. Registered+

I think hallucinagens have a reverse tolerance, in general.

10. LordRuffleMontgomery

LordRuffleMontgomery Registered+

They have a very high tolerance rate, if you do them within close chronological proximity to one another. The reason that the trip seems to be more intense after experience, is that you learn how to better control it and shape it.

11. daves19

daves19 Registered+

i have a definite reverse tolerence to mj...when i began to smoke some years ago, it took a lot to get me high, to recgnize the high...now i only take one puff and i am stoned...reverse tolerence is when you need less to feel the effect...not to get satisfied with it...try it i am sure it's the same for everybody...take only one good puff and you'll feel the high if look for it...of ourse it is not as fun as getting fucking balzed all over your mind!! but still scientifically speaking MJ is a drug that creates a reverse tolerence...

12. Savako

Savako Registered+

Salvia has reverse tolerance, which is when the first time you try it nothing happens so you havta wait after you've tried it and try it again for it to work.

13. Not Enough Herb

Not Enough Herb Registered+

i think reverse tolerance has a lot to do with ur drug expeirence and your brain

later

14. Captain Hanks

Captain Hanks Registered+

Yeah you guys are all correct on how reverse tolerance works, for most drugs that is. Not so much with the herb. Reverse tolerance with the herb works something like this. The more you smoke, the more you body gets used to your cannabinoids being activated, the less stoned you feel. However, those who smoke more often don't need to take as long of a break to lower their tolerance. For example, I have a buddy who smokes cannabis medically all day long. 10 rips off of the bong will give him an average buzz lasting maybe an hour. If he were to take three days off it would feel like his first time. If he took a month off he says it's as gnarly as shrooms because his body is so used to it.
    Now for those who smoke maybe once a day. A week will do you good. Those who only toke on the weekends or only a few times a week will have to take off a month or so to notice any drop in tolerance.

15. someuser

someuser Registered+

Yeah, I need to take a week off. I've been smoking 2 - 3 bowls on my homemade bong for a while now... I use to get FUCKED up off of a bowl but now I just get a medicore high :mad:

16. Shrapnel

Shrapnel Registered+

For me, when I first started smoking I sort of got the reverse tolerance affect. At the very start it would take me a few tokes to get high, then as time progressed I could get pretty stoned off of one time, and after a while my tolerance started going up.

17. memoryburner

memoryburner Registered+

I have a reverse tolerence to weed...It seems that i have been smoking less now....i got a dimebag to last me 3 days

18. mfqr

mfqr Registered+

This isn't true for everyone. The first time my friend tried it, he tripped really hard on Salvia. After that it was not nearly as crazy.

19. Captain Hanks

Captain Hanks Registered+

Yeah, idk where that guy was getting his sources.:Rasta:

20. Chronic.Tonic

Chronic.Tonic Registered+