Rolling: A Tutorial

Discussion in 'Marijuana Methods' started by Binzhoubum, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Binzhoubum

Binzhoubum Registered+

I am bored and I just saw another post where someone wanted to know how to roll, so I thought I would make a tutorial and try to explain the best I can how to roll a good joint. :thumbsup:

Obviously, the first thing you need are materials:

-Papers
    -Roach Material
    -Brace (Optional, but well help beginners and ensure proper distribution of -smoking product IMO)
    -Cannabis Product

Picture 3 shows the brace I made.

Picture 4 is the roach. Just take a business card, cut off a portion of it, and tightly roll it in to a cylinder.

Picture 5 are the materials I will be using in this particular joint: From top left in clockwork fashion: 1) Tobacco, 2) Weed, 3) Hashish 4) Hempka (something made by dissoliving powdered kief in medical alcohol and cooking it down, soaking it up with medium of your choice)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Binzhoubum

Binzhoubum Registered+

Now, I would I like to mention that I am not using the papers of my choice. I usually use a longer, much thinner paper such as OCB Slim, but at the moment I only have these shorter, lower quality papers called Mascottes.

As you can see in picture 3, I have put two of the shorter papers together perpendicularly so I can get a longer paper to roll with.

I will place the roach at the end of the joint on the right side and use it to guide my roll. As you can see in pictures 8 and 9, I am pinching the end of the paper where the roach is and kind of tucking it under and using it to guide the rest of the joint as it rolls up. If you do it right, it should basically roll itself; all you have to do is make sure it is not rolled too tight or too loose.

In pictures 10 and 11, you are able to see the finished product. I usually cut off the excess paper because I feel it is easier to light that way and allows for a much more even burn while smoking. One of the keys to even burning is also the way you distribute the smoking medium in the joint before you roll it. Look at picture 7 to see how I have distributed the medium to my specifications.

Picture 13 shows a joint I rolled using my preferred rolling papers: OCB Slim.

I hope that this has been helpful to some of you, and I would like to also remind you that practice makes perfect! :smokin:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Binzhoubum

Binzhoubum Registered+

Pictures 11, 12, and 13. :smokin:

I would also like to note that in picture 6 you can see how I have mixed the hashish, hempka, tobacco, and weed all together and worked it through by hand to make a uniform smoking mixture.

Attached Files:

4. OreO

OreO Registered+

thats a nice jay man, i hope to someday be that good

5. pretty nice guide :thumbsup:

6. Makaveli

Makaveli Registered

my favorite papers are King Size Smoking Brand DeLux, the ones in the black box. they're long and very thin. more ganja less paper to smoke

• Like Like x 1
  7. Binzhoubum

Binzhoubum Registered+

Thanks for the support all! :smokin:

I hope some people can learn from this. If you still can't figure it out, I will make a video. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. BlazeTheWeed

BlazeTheWeed Registered+

why do you use 2 papers

9. invoke

invoke Registered+

Yeah a video would go very well with it.

Nice job!! :) :dance:

10. tyrantowns

tyrantowns Registered+

Nice guide:) . I would like to see a video, just for perfection.

11. SmokingPlatypus

SmokingPlatypus Registered+

That's definately a nice spliff, man. I would totally love to toke off that. A video would just be icing on the cake, and you could totally post that stuff on youtube.com.

12. Jaycub

Jaycub Registered+

Original Poster: "As you can see in picture 3, I have put two of the shorter papers together perpendicularly so I can get a longer paper to roll with."

• Like Like x 1
  13. pbzeppelin90

pbzeppelin90 Registered+

thats a bueat. surpisingly easy to follow. i dont smoke many joints, but i do if im out somewhere, and dont feel like bringing a pipe. again, great job. if you posted a video on youtube or something make sure to post the link.

14. shoi

shoi Registered+

its good that there are all these guides stickied :D

15. WeekenD TokeR

WeekenD TokeR Registered+

Nup, still can't roll. I guess I just need shitloads of practice.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Steve420

Steve420 Registered+

Damn, I wish I had rolling skills like that. I usally just use a pipe, but rolling is useful if you want to sneak a spliff into a concert or something.

• Like Like x 1
  17. cannabis campbell

cannabis campbell Registered+

Hey you made it to a sticky nice job :D lol

18. D1me

D1me Registered+

how i learned- practice with bread crumbs or something like that. or rolling tobacco if you smoke tobacco.

19. dewdrinker

dewdrinker Registered+

I can roll a smokeable joint, they just arnet all that pretty and i cant figure out how to roll em like in all those videos and guides i find. the part i get stuck at is after rolling the paper together to get the shape. after that everyone kinda tucks in the paper and rolls it up so easy with the thumbs. WTF? i cant for the life of me do that. i have tried so many times.

20. Binzhoubum

Binzhoubum Registered+

It's all about practice man. :smokin:

I used to roll horrible, pregnant joints, but after a little practice and trying out various methods I am able to roll a great joint everytime.

I am going to make a video and show exactly what my fingers are doing as soon as I get some time here in the next few days. :smokin:

Good smoking and good rolling! :stoned:

• Like Like x 1