Rolling: A Tutorial

Discussion in 'Marijuana Methods' started by Binzhoubum, Aug 20, 2006.

1. cosmin100

cosmin100 Registered

2. shangeet

shangeet Registered+

Easy to understand

Yes, good tutorial. In school life one of my friend do it with extra care. He depends on some materials like - rolling papers, hash pipes, small plastic bags with remnants of dried marijuana leaves, remnant seeds in pockets, the "sweet" odor of marijuana smoke on clothes, bedroom, or car, lighters or matches, use of the word pot, or 420 (nicknames for marijuana) :Rasta:

Best clinics to get a medical marijuana card in Orange County, California

3. gypski

gypski Registered+

If you have small fingers, buy a rolling machine. Its all in the thumbs and first two fingers. You know you can roll when you can roll one that looks like a Lucky Strike with a single leaf of Zig Zag white by hand!! :D

4. reverandbanana

reverandbanana Registered

I dont want to put a bummer on this but wow - all that technique into a joint!!

I've been smoking for years and i mean years, ive been smoking solid since i was 13, and skunk (weed) since i was about 16.

In my early days we didnt know what kingsize papers was so we used normal small papers (by sticking two together and using sticky from a third paper or 5 sheets to get a joint slightly bigger than a single kingsize) small sheeets for *rolling tobacco cigarettes.

So maybe this where i got my expertise from, since this i progressed to kingsize naturally and also use 6" rolling papers and double them up when im smoking with friends and sharing, and yes - thats right a foot long joint isnt that hard if you have patience.

Anyhow, when i first learnt, i never roached first, i rolled the joint and slotted a roach after it was done - thats technique... then later i decided adding the roach before rolling was time effective and also created a better smoke...

I use blue or silver Rizla, or OCB and sometimes Swan, ive used Rips and all sorts... my friend uses a rolling mat and his joints always come out like a pen... stuff that unless you know how...

Anyhow, just dont put as much in one side your most comfortable with tucking in first (the bit you toke on) and you should be fine, also - tap the joint on a hard surface when done to pack it down.

Ill make a vid when im smoking again (after my UA Test on the 31st) you will see how easy it is...

You dont need a cradle to hold it or anything and i dunno why you have 4 ingredients inside the joint, i have either pure bud or tobacco and bud... does the trick and is nice.

Sorry if thats bummered things but thats how it is in the UK..

Watch this space on 31st Jan when ive done my UA and pull out a fat night back of skunk and get rolling... wow i cant wait.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  5. reverandbanana

reverandbanana Registered

wow - how could i forget zig zag papers!!! grrr.

Zig Zag blue papers are the best IMHO...

Not too long now till my UA and then i can show you all the easiest and quickest way rolling a joint *spliff or J as we call it in the uk

6. HoneyBluntz

HoneyBluntz Registered

I've read a lot on here in this thread.. After about page 4 or so i decided to skip around a bunch lolz. Anyways, I may not be the rolling king or anything. And a lot of methods that have been mentioned are pretty good in my opinion. But I figure maybe I'll toss some of my methods on here, and if anything, provide another option when one wishes to roll. Currently, don't have any pics, but in future maybe il update with some to better help :) Please read all before you attempt to do. Its easier if you first have a understanding rather then just jumping into it. Also, may seem like a ton of steps, but it is actually one of the few things in life (with practice) that is easier done then said. lolz

For pinners aka (joints)
    Materials:
    Randy's (I love these papers, only cuz they have a wire inside of them, thus = roach! = definate point)
    Scissors or grinder or fingers.

Step 1: First off we all know we need to break up our favorite herb. Grind/ chop/ cut/ pull etc apart.

Step 2: take your paper, if it already hasn't been folded in half, fold in half and crease it, with the glue side facing in.
    s2.2 Unfold your paper, take the bottom (non glued end) and fold it so the bottom edge is even to the middle crease line, then crease the bottom.
    s2.3 If you need another crease line, to help make it rounder cuz your new, then the crease line you just made, raise it so that it is even with the middle crease line, and at the bottom, where folded, crease it.
    s2.4 If you take your paper and look at it from a side view, you should notice your making a letter "J" with a lip to some extent. You can make as many creases as you need, in the area of the curve for that letter "J" just be sure to leave yourself a lil lip.

Step 3: With the paper's glue facing you and at the highest position of the paper. Place your herb in your paper, use your pointer fingers on the inside of the papers where the herb is. And your thumbs on the outside of the paper. Thumb(s) should be on lip with your thumb nail facing you.
    s3.2 Gently, begin to roll the paper back and forth so that you begin to slightly compress it.
    s3.3 When you notice your herb is starting to stick together and form a very slight resemblance to a pinner (joint) place your pointer fingers on the back of the paper.
    s3.4 Now your pointer fingers are on the back of the paper, thumbs with nails facing you are on the lip, what you do now is you pinch your pointer finger to your thumb with the back and front of the paper on each side with each hand. And the glue is still on the upper top portion of the paper facing you.
    s3.5 Start out gentle, (this is very important, if fail here and its start over time possibly, unless ya like smoking 2 layers of paper cuz of a patch) and move the lip you made, up and down the opposing side of the paper as you add pressure to the motion. While doing this walk your thumbs from center out. This will help your pinner (joint) from looking prego. As it becomes more compact, use slightly more pressure in the up & down movements. Eventually, you will notice that your herb has comformed to a pinner (joint).
    s3.6 Once compacted to satisfied compression, without spilling out any herb, walk the lip of the paper down with your thumbs, so that the edge of the lip itself is enough to blanket over the top of your herb, and touch the opposing back piece of the inside of the paper.
    s3.7 Try to get the lip, that is against the inside wall of your paper, to be slightly tucked behind your herb if possible.
    s3.8 The pinner should be resting on your middle fingers, thumbs are slightly pressing down and in with lip blanketing your herb, and your pointer fingers are pressing towards you and kinda upward. See that glue, lick it, lick it like ya never licked anything before in your life. Well, maybe not that wet, but dont be affraid to get it a bit more wet then just damp.

Step 4: Gently (so that not to disturb any creation), move your pointer fingers & thumbs to center of your pinner (joint). In one motion (even if you have to go uber slow) move your thumbs up & out from center and your pointer fingers down & out from center. Besure that while in the motion of this, you add a little more pressure with the movement of your thumbs & fingers. Continue the motion till the glue over laps itselfs and glues itself to your pinner (joint).
    s4.2 You may notice that your glue is showing signs of a few places not sticking. Its ok, put a lil lick to ya finger and just gently dab the area's that may need some extra wetness to help the glue.
    s4.3 If you notice your pinner (joint) is a little on the loose side, you could always take a dollar bill of some type, 1, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100 what ever you choose. And basically what you would do.. (hmm thinkn, sorry not done this step in a decade or two) ... Hmm Sorry lolz.. Hard to explain with out pics.. Place currency in front of you, so you can read it, fold it from right to left once. Grab ya pinner, and gently dampen it with your tongue or finger or etc and place parrell to the crease, on the crease, on your paper currency. And with your thumbs and pointer fingers as before when rolling the pinner, add pressure and basically roll it up and down inside your paper currency till you aquire desired compactness. Be warned though. The tighter the roll, the harder the pinner (joint) is to toke from.

Step 5 If you wish to twist the ends, cool, if you wish to tuck the ends in, cool, if you want to make a filter for it, that would be something I can't explain without the use of pics. So.. Twist both ends with a lil wetness on ya fingers, wait, let completely dry. And once dry, on 1 end, cut just the twisted part off. :)

Sorry so long, sorry no pics, but this will work with enough practice. When trying this method, you can gaurentee to rip your first few attempts or so. Don't get disappointed. Everyone that has ever rolled a pinner, joint, blunt, etc has ripped some papers in they're life time. Practice makes perfect. I will at a later time update this better with pics to help everyone better understand. :) Enjoy & Happy smoking.

By the way, if you do use Randy's Wired Rolling Papers, start bending the wire away from the pinner / joint / etc when about 1/3 of your herb has been smoked. This helps to ash the smokable, and as more is smoked the wire becomes more handy as bending away, for use as a roach clip of sorts ;)

When I update this with pics in the future (undertermined time frame) I'll add another "how to" in regards to muh name ;) I'm not called "Honey Bluntz" for nothing lolz

7. HoneyBluntz

HoneyBluntz Registered

Since I can't seem to figure out how to edit my original post, or how to make reg pictures, everything is fancy linked, just clicky on stuff to see the pics.. And this post is a duplicate of my previous to some degree. So check it, there are a few differences.

I may not be the rolling king or anything. And a lot of methods that have been mentioned are pretty good in my opinion. But I figure maybe I'll toss some of my methods on here, and if anything, provide another option when one wishes to roll. Currently, don't have any pics, but in future maybe il update with some to better help :) Please read all before you attempt to do. Its easier if you first have a understanding rather then just jumping into it. Also, may seem like a ton of steps, but it is actually one of the few things in life (with practice) that is easier done then said. lolz

For pinners aka (joints)
    Materials:
    Randy's (I love these papers, only cuz they have a wire inside of them, thus = roach! = definate point)
    Scissors or grinder or fingers.

Step 1: First off we all know we need to break up our favorite herb. Grind/ chop/ cut/ pull etc apart.

Step 2: take your paper, if it already hasn't been folded in half, fold in half and crease it, with the glue side facing in.
    s2.2 Unfold your paper, take the bottom (non glued end) and fold it so the bottom edge is even to the middle crease line, then crease the bottom.
    s2.3 If you need another crease line, to help make it rounder cuz your new, then the crease line you just made, raise it so that it is even with the middle crease line, and at the bottom, where folded, crease it.
    s2.4 If you take your paper and look at it from a side view, you should notice your making a letter "J" with a lip to some extent. You can make as many creases as you need, in the area of the curve for that letter "J" just be sure to leave yourself a lil lip.

Step 3: With the paper's glue facing you and at the highest position of the paper. Place your herb in your paper, use your pointer fingers on the backside of the papers. And your thumbs on the front of the paper. Thumb(s) should be on lip with your thumb nail facing you.
    s3.2 Gently, begin to roll the paper back and forth so that you begin to slightly compress it.
    s3.3 When you notice your herb is starting to stick together and form a very slight resemblance to a pinner (joint).
    s3.4 Start out gentle, (this is very important, if fail here and its start over time possibly, unless ya like smoking 2 layers of paper cuz of a patch) and move the lip you made, up and down the opposing side of the paper as you add pressure to the motion. While doing this walk your thumbs from center out. This will help your pinner (joint) from looking prego. As it becomes more compact, use slightly more pressure in the up & down movements. Eventually, you will notice that your herb has comformed to a pinner (joint).
    s3.5 Once compacted to satisfied compression, without spilling out any herb, walk the lip of the paper down with your thumbs, so that the edge of the lip itself is enough to blanket over the top of your herb, and touch the opposing back piece of the inside of the paper.
    s3.6 Try to get the lip, that is against the inside wall of your paper, to be slightly tucked behind your herb if possible.
    s3.7 The pinner should be resting on your middle fingers, thumbs are slightly pressing down and in with lip blanketing your herb, and your pointer fingers are pressing towards you and kinda upward. See that glue, lick it, lick it like ya never licked anything before in your life. Well, maybe not that wet, but dont be affraid to get it a bit more wet then just damp.

Step 4: Gently (so that not to disturb any creation), move your pointer fingers & thumbs to center of your pinner (joint). In one motion (even if you have to go uber slow) move your thumbs up & out from center and your pointer fingers down & out from center. Besure that while in the motion of this, you add a little more pressure with the movement of your thumbs & fingers. Continue the motion till the glue over laps itselfs and glues itself to your pinner (joint). And wa-la you could be done. For me, this is done. Cept just need to twist the ends and cut one of the ends off. But if ......
    s4.2 You may notice that your glue is showing signs of a few places not sticking. Its ok, put a lil lick to ya finger and just gently dab the area's that may need some extra wetness to help the glue.
    s4.3 If you notice your pinner (joint) is a little on the loose side, you could always take a dollar bill of some type, 1, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100 what ever you choose. And basically what you would do.. Is fold your paper currency in half with out creasing it, then gently, slightly dampen your pinner/joint, place it in center of your paper currency. And then just roll your thumbs & fingers up & down while not allowing the paper currency to wrap around your pinner/jonit. Basically when your thumbs are down, your fingers higher, when your fingers are down, your thumbs are higher. Ie: Position in comparison.

Step 5 If you wish to twist the ends, cool, if you wish to tuck the ends in, cool, if you want to make a filter for it, then the next steps are for you.
    s5.2 Take a thin thicknessed paper/cardboard, index cards are perfect for this. And cut a skinny long couple of strips. Anywhere between 1/8 " - 1/4 is sufficient. Though if you go with the 1/4 you will not be able to fold the glue over onto the filter. With the 1/8" you can. Its all a matter of your personal preference.
    s5.3 Roll it by making a very very tiny overlap, then just roll it like you would a roll of duct tape.
    s5.4 If your notice, when tight, that the circumfrince is greatly smaller then the opening of your pinner/joint. You may need a 2nd piece included into the roll of your filter..
    s5.5 While leaving a slight little lip/ over hang piece from initial roll of filter, pinch the second piece in so that it is slightly into the roll already like this.
    s5.6 Fully created and ready to be included into your pinner/joint should resemeble something like this.
    s5.7 Be extremely careful in this next step. You must hold your filter tightly rolled in your figers while trying to place it into your pinner/joint. It may need to be slightly pushed in, or tucked in. Successfull implitation of the filter will look like this. You notice the filter has slightly become unrolled, this is ok, this is perfect.
    s5.8 Cut a glue strip off your most unfavorite papers.
    s5.9 Slightly dampen the edge of the end of the pinner/joint where the filter is located. Attach the glue strip you cut from ya unfavorite paper so that at least 75 % of the glue strip width wise, is on the pinner/joint. Then just wrap the glue strip around.
    s5.10 You may notice that the glue strip's width exceeded the end of the pinner/joint. This is ok/can be perfect. Cuz now you want to slightly fold that extra 25% of glue strip down onto the filter itself.
    s5.11 Once completely dried, should be ready and set to go. After lots of practice you should be able to complete from this point up to the very first step in less then 4min.

By the way, if you do use Randy's Wired Rolling Papers, start bending the wire away from the pinner / joint / etc when about 1/3 of your herb has been smoked. This helps to ash the smokable, and as more is smoked the wire becomes more handy as bending away, for use as a roach clip of sorts ;)

Do you love honey blunts? Ever wonder how to make one with out a great deal of loss in your paper? Ever have the problem with your blunt paper crumbling, falling apart, basically not being as easy as you thought it would be? Well.. Watch for my next how to guide on why I am called HoneyBluntz.. I will show you a easy and fast way to make the ever popular Honey Bluntz a reality for you :) Till then, hope you enjoy my pinner how to guide. :)

8. vapelife

vapelife Registered

Nice Work

I have not rolled one in so long I have forgotten how lol.

9. pipesdaddy

pipesdaddy Registered+

Nice to see that it can be done in such a manner. really getting enriched.

10. themrzach

themrzach Registered

video is awesome.
    thanks.

11. FourTwentyMom

FourTwentyMom Registered+

:thumbsup:

Great guide. I learned how to roll a J using a dollar bill.

12. 420puplehaze

420puplehaze Registered+

2 papers means it burns slower so you get more hits from it

13. tlranger

tlranger Registered+

Here's a nice little 2 paper j. There's lots of hits DSCN0819.JPG

14. GaliMatias

GaliMatias Registered+

I'm curious to know if anyone who ever made these special joints (like the one above) actually find them to be superior to a normal joint?

15. tlranger

tlranger Registered+

The artichoke, roasted a crowd of people!

16. Bosco Boots

Bosco Boots Registered

Check this out:

17. documentation

documentation Registered

Buy real and fake Passport ,Visa,Driving License,ID CARDS,marriage
    certificates,diplomas etc for sell WHATSAPP: +1267-527-3314
    Guaranteed 24 hour passport,citizenship,Id cards,driverĀ“s
    license,diplomas,degrees,certificates service available. Tourist and
    business visa services available to residents of all 50 states and all
    nationalities Worldwide. are unique producers of Authentic High
    Quality passports, Real Genuine Data Base Registered and unregistered
    Passports and other Citizenship documents.I can guarantee you a new
    Identity starting from a clean new genuine Birth Certificate, ID card,
    Drivers License,Passports, Social security card with SSN, credit
    files, and credit cards, school diplomas, school degrees all in an
    entirely new name issued and registered in the government database
    system..
    We use high quality equipment and materials to produce authentic and
    counterfeit documents.All secret features of real passports are
    carefully duplicated for our Registered and unregistered documents.we
    are unique producer of quality false and Real documents.We offer only
    original high-quality Registered and unregistered passports, driverĀ“s
    licenses, ID cards, stamps, Visa, school Diplomas and other products
    for a number of countries like:USA, Australia, Belgium,Brazil, Canada,
    Italian,Finland, France, Germany, Israel, Mexico, Netherlands, South
    Africa,Spain, United Kingdom. if interested fill free to contact

N:B. Our customer service is the best very polite and very welcoming at any time 24/7

Contact Email........qualitydocumentation01@gmail.com
    General Surport..............westwoodmiller0@gmail.com
    WHATSAPP: +1267-527-3314
    UNIVERSAL PAPERS

we are able to produce the following items;
    REAL BRITISH PASSPORT.
    REAL CANADIAN PASSPORT.
    REAL FRENCH PASSPORT.
    REAL AMERICAN PASSPORT.
    REAL RUSSIAN PASSPORT.
    REAL JAPANESSE PASSPORT.
    REAL CHINESSE PASSPORT.
    AND REAL PASSPORT FOR COUNTRIES IN THE EUROPEAN UNION.
    REAL DRIVERS LICENSE,I.D CARDS,BIRTH CERTIFATES,DIPLOMATS,MARRIGE
    CERTIFICATES,AND VISAS.
    REGISTERED AND UNREGISTERED BRITISH PASSPORT.
    REGISTERED AND UNREGISTERED CANANIAN PASSPORT.
    REGISTERED AND UNREGISTERED FRENCH PASSPORT.
    REGISTERED AND UNREGISTERED AMERICAN PASSPORT.
    REGISTERED AND UNREGISTERED RUSSSIAN PASSPORT.
    REGISTERED AND UNREGISTERED JAPANESSE PASSPORT.
    REGISTERED AND UNREGISTERED CHINESSE PASSPORT.
    REGISTERED AND UNREGISTERED PASSPORTPASSPORT FOR COUNTRIES IN THE
    EUROPEAN UNION.
    Buy Registered and unregistered USA(United States) passports,
    Buy Registered and unregistered Australian passports,
    Buy Registered and unregistered Belgium passports,
    Buy Registered and unregistered Brazilian(Brazil) passports,
    Buy Registered and unregistered Canadian(Canada) passports,
    Buy Registered and unregistered Finnish(Finland) passports,
    Buy Registered and unregistered French(France) passports,
    Buy Registered and unregistered German(Germany) passports,
    Buy Registered and unregistered Dutch(Netherland/Holland) passports,
    Buy Registered and unregistered Israel passports,
    Buy Registered and unregistered UK(United Kingdom) passports,
    Buy Registered and unregistered Spanish(Spain) passports,
    Buy Registered and unregistered Mexican(Mexico) passports,
    Buy Registered and unregistered South African passports.
    Buy Registered and unregistered Australian driver licenses,
    Buy Registered and unregistered Canadian driver licenses,
    Buy Registered and unregistered French(France) driver licenses,
    Buy Registered and unregistered Dutch(Netherland/Holland) driving licenses,
    Buy Registered and unregistered German(Germany) driving licenses,
    Buy Registered and unregistered UK(United Kingdom) driving licenses,
    Buy Registered and unregistered Diplomatic passports,
    Buy Registered and unregistered USA(United States) passports,
    Buy Registered and unregistered Australian passports,
    Buy Registered and unregistered Belgium passports,
    Buy Registered and unregistered Brazilian(Brazil) passports,
    Buy Registered and unregistered Canadian(Canada) passports,
    Buy Registered and unregistered Finnish(Finland) passports,
    Buy Registered and unregistered French(France) passports,
    Buy Registered and unregistered German(Germany) passports,
    Buy Registered and unregistered Dutch(Netherland/Holland) passports,
    Buy Registered and unregistered Israel passports,
    Buy Registered and unregistered UK(United Kingdom) passports,
    Buy Registered and unregistered Spanish(Spain) passports,
    Buy Registered and unregistered Mexican(Mexico) passports,
    Buy Registered and unregistered South African passports.
    Buy Registered and unregistered Australian driver licenses,
    Buy Registered and unregistered Canadian driver licenses,
    Buy Registered and unregistered French(France) driver licenses,
    Buy Registered and unregistered Dutch(Netherland/Holland) driving licenses,
    Buy Registered and unregistered German(Germany) driving licenses,
    Buy Registered and unregistered UK(United Kingdom) driving licenses,
    Buy Registered and unregistered Diplomatic passports,
    Registered and unregistered Camouflage passports,
    Registered and unregistered passport Duplicates,
    Registered and unregistered USA(united States) passports for sale,
    Registered and unregistered Australian passports for sell,
    Registered and unregistered Belgium passports for sell,
    Registered and unregistered Brazilian(Brazil) passports for sell,

N:B. Our customer service is the best very polite and very welcoming at any time 24/7

Contact Email........qualitydocumentation01@gmail.com
    General Surport..............westwoodmiller0@gmail.com
    WHATSAPP: +1267-527-3314

Registered and unregistered passport of all countries.visas,biometric
    passport,degrees,drivers license,I.D cards