Rolling Joints

Discussion in 'Experiences' started by AladdinSane, Apr 12, 2018.

1. AladdinSane

AladdinSane Registered+

So I'm not the best, but I can roll a J for myself and they are smoke-able, I don't complain much. I'm sure there are several of you that are really good at rolling so I'm looking for some tips. I sometimes use RAW Cones, just because it's for me, and it's easy. BUT I do believe that one should be able to roll him/herself a nice J and be able to proudly share with friends.

Any tips, tricks, videos, etc that might help me?

Peace & Love

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dutch Pimp

Dutch Pimp Up in Smoke

women roll the best joints. they have fingers like a spider...rolling up a roach in a web.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. DirtyBlueGene

DirtyBlueGene Registered+

I did think about it for a while and can't seem to come up with any tips or advice (sorry).
    I guess it's a 'practice makes perfect' kinda thing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Pupp

Pupp Registered+

Do some googling. There are several ways to roll joints. There must be at least one type that's easy for you to do.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Plumber07

Plumber07 Registered+

Bamboo roller. Period. Been using them for over 40 years.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. AladdinSane

AladdinSane Registered+

Thanks, yes, there is the Googling, I wanted to get yall's tips and techniques, that's all.

• Like Like x 2
  7. EvilCartman

EvilCartman Registered+

As I get older, I find myself considering a rolling machine.
    The ol' fingers ain't what they used to be. ;)

I can still roll a great standard size J, but some of these longer papers are a challenge. :rolleyes:

The only tip I have is to exhale (like someone cleaning eyeglasses) on your fingers/paper as you begin to roll. It gets my dry fingers better traction on the paper.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Pupp

Pupp Registered+

Finger wax. You can find it at office supply stores, even Walmart, In the office supply section. One thing of finger wax will last for years. When I was in printing, one would last several weeks, and that's in a production environment with 3 or 4 people using it all day, refreshing their fingers every few minutes. It comes in a white round container, about the size of a hockey puck, but not as tall. Also might be labeled as tacky finger wax or something along those lines. When you open it up, the wax is pink. Good stuff, works like a charm.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Plumber07

Plumber07 Registered+

61sJkI9ZBuL._SX355_.jpg Yeah, I can roll okay by hand but nothing like the bamboo roller. 40 years ago I knew a guy who was just as good and as fast (we raced a few times) as me with the roller but few can do that by hand.

Between my bong and new glass pipe, not to mention the tinctures and caps, I don't roll many up. I did roll a Blueberry a few weeks ago and still have a nice roach.

The other day I attached an alligator clip to an antenna so maybe I'll try it out tonight.

• Creative Creative x 1
  10. DirtyBlueGene

Nice roach clip, bro!

11. Adabldo

Adabldo Registered+

I'm told that I roll amazingly well, I learned from practice, practice, practice.. One thing I do is make sure a) I always grind for Js b) I will play with it in my fingers and kinda pre roll if you would call it that -- before actually licking and sticking.. and I always roll my tips smaller than my middle.. But that's just me and I been rolling for many many years myself.. I have never tried the rollers..

12. emilya

emilya Future Dispensary Owner

I roll a mean joint. It is true, women do roll the best joints. Here is my method:
    First, don't use a grinder. That fine stuff that results is perfect for a pipe, but when you are dealing with extra dank the resin content of the pot will clog that joint up before even half of it is smoked. The best preparation for a joint is a simple removal from all the visible stemage, and then a chopping with a small scissors just until there are no hard chunks left in the pile. A simple breaking up and mixing with the fingers results in a rough cut pile with no stems or hard spots.
    Proper placement in the rolling paper is critical. Line the rough cut out along the paper evenly along the entire length. This method works whether you wish to roll a small pin joint or a large fattie... it just depends on how much you start with.
    Once you have the pot lined out evenly, push about 1/4 of the line in the center to each edge, leaving the center with less mix in it than each end. Now with your thumbs and both index fingers, gently start rolling the paper up and down so as to "roll" and compress this line of pot inside of the paper. If you can't get it to "roll' lightly wet with your tongue each index fingertip so it gets better traction on the roll. Once you get the pot to "roll" you will feel it ball up and compress a bit in the paper, and you will see the line even out where there once was a dip in the center. Rolling the mix naturally moves the mix toward the center of the paper, and this is why so many people roll "pregnant torpedo" joints that are fat in the middle. Keep rolling the mix between your fingers until you feel it compress and take the shape that you want, pressing it within the paper with your index fingers and thumbs. Don't compress too hard or you will make the joint unsmokable. It is a fine balance between forming the joint too compressed or lightly compressed enough to form it but still allow smoke to flow through.
    Once you feel the pot has been "rolled" inside the paper, tuck the paper in and roll it around and seal it. I like to pinch the ends and if I have done this right there is a little bit of compressed pot sticking out at each end. Again I use my little scissors and trim each end even with the paper, and then pinch the ends to make it pretty.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Dutch Pimp

Dutch Pimp Up in Smoke

If you're low on weed...nobody rolls a 'pinner' better than women. :thumbsupold:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. DirtyBlueGene

Took me almost five minutes to roll this piggy, the oil makes it kinda slow and sloppy to get started. ;)

20180512_202051mini.jpg

• Winner Winner x 4