PAX2 Vaporizer Pass Your Drug Test

Sativa L.?

Discussion in 'Strains and Seeds' started by qdavid, Aug 11, 2007.

1. qdavid

qdavid Registered

Back in the late 60's and early 70's, when I first toked, we did try to read what we could about this wonderful herb, but there wasn't much to read. Somebody had a paperback copy of "A Children's Garden of Grass" that was read by about 15 people. I remember reading about Cannabis Sativa L. I took a long break through the 90's and only been back about a year and a half. But now they talk about the major strains being: Cannabis Sativa. Cannabis Indica, and Cannabis Ruderalis. Is this correct?

2. stinkyattic

stinkyattic CultiModerVatorAtor

Ahh! An easy one!
    Cannabis sativa (Linnaeus)... denotes the naturalist who recorded and named the species.

3. qdavid

qdavid Registered

I googled and read and found the correct terminology. Cannabis Sativa L. is the major heading with Sativa and Indica as sub-species, and Ruderalis in there too.

4. qdavid

qdavid Registered

Very cool. Linnaeus, wow, thanks. I havta look that dude up.

5. the image reaper

the image reaper Registered+

cool info ... I remember reading that book, when but a wee lad, but don't remember anything about it ... a casualty of the 60's :D

6. qdavid

qdavid Registered

My memory from that era sorta flashes. I just remember just spotty things and certain instances. But I ain't really sure of any of those memories actually happened. Cool book though.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2007
  7. Narf!

Narf! Registered+

Stinkyattic nailed this one down. 100% correct.