Should I still get a medical card?

Discussion in 'California (CA)' started by Azareen, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Azareen

Azareen Registered

I spoke with the dispensary that I always use and they said the only discount you get as a medical patient is 2% with the rec. vs purchasing it as recreational user. I also heard that you can't buy more than an ounce if you are recreational. I never buy an ounce! I buy 5g's to 10g's at a time. I like some cartridges and cbd products. Should I still pay and get a medical recommendation?

Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pupp

Pupp Registered+

The problem with a medical card is that the gov't knows you have a card, so your in a database of known marijuana users. I'm not saying avoid that, but you should at least be aware of it and make an educated decision on whether your fine with that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. fawnridge

fawnridge Registered+

It really depends on what products you need versus where in the dispensary they are sold. Here in Colorado, at least as the dispensaries near my house, there are far more CBD products on the Medical side of the dispensary. If you are looking for more medical than recreational benefits and those products require a med card, then get one. Otherwise, don't waste the money.

• Like Like x 1
  4. tokemj

tokemj Registered

Just moved to Fresno and having the same question. Does anyone know a doc in the Fresno area? Or a website that matches patients with doctors? When I lived in Toronto I got a card through https://ganja.ca but looking for something in the US (ganja is canada only)

• Like Like x 1
  5. emilya

emilya Future Dispensary Owner

Be extra careful with this right now... there is a push to limit gun ownership from those people with medical cards. If you own a gun in a liberal state I would think twice about getting a medical card.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Plumber07

Plumber07 Registered+

Bingo. Mine runs out next month (cali) and I won't be renewing. Plan on doing some rabbit hunting this winter and NEED a new Remington Wing Master! And I've had my eye on this beautiful S&W .357. WANT! :cool:

7. Plumber07

Plumber07 Registered+

www.weedmaps.com You don't need a card.